Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror

General Wesley Clark: Wars Were Planned - Seven Countries In Five Years

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RC1M...layer_embedded

General Wesley Clark:
    Because I had been through the Pentagon right after 9/11. About ten days after 9/11, I went through the Pentagon and I saw Secretary Rumsfeld and Deputy Secretary Wolfowitz. I went downstairs just to say hello to some of the people on the Joint Staff who used to work for me, and one of the generals called me in. He said, "Sir, you've got to come in and talk to me a second." I said, "Well, you're too busy." He said, "No, no." He says, "We've made the decision we're going to war with Iraq." This was on or about the 20th of September. I said, "We're going to war with Iraq? Why?" He said, "I don't know." He said, "I guess they don't know what else to do." So I said, "Well, did they find some information connecting Saddam to al-Qaeda?" He said, "No, no." He says, "There's nothing new that way. They just made the decision to go to war with Iraq." He said, "I guess it's like we don't know what to do about terrorists, but we've got a good military and we can take down governments." And he said, "I guess if the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem has to look like a nail."

So I came back to see him a few weeks later, and by that time we were bombing in Afghanistan. I said, "Are we still going to war with Iraq?" And he said, "Oh, it's worse than that." He reached over on his desk. He picked up a piece of paper. And he said, "I just got this down from upstairs" -- meaning the Secretary of Defense's office -- "today." And he said, "This is a memo that describes how we're going to take out seven countries in five years, starting with Iraq, and then Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and, finishing off, Iran." I said, "Is it classified?" He said, "Yes, sir." I said, "Well, don't show it to me." And I saw him a year or so ago, and I said, "You remember that?" He said, "Sir, I didn't show you that memo! I didn't show it to you!"

The middle east is also a hotbed of international terrorism, some of which was brought in bloody, violent fashion directly to our shores. Blame the oil, I suppose, and say they are simply retaliating, but it seems like a cop out to say, "It's the oil." Hard for a Shipping Manager in Southern California to challenge General Wesley Clark, though.

And doesn't the Pentagon have contingency plans for everything? Seven countries in five years obviously never happened, so that memo could very easily have simply been describing a contingency plan. Again, this is Dacien in SoCal questioning a General, so... yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not "just oil"

Its the petrodollar horse shit that has been sustaining the US for very long time now.

Some US president made a deal with the oil countries over there in the 70s.

They agreed to sell their oil ONLY in US dollar denominations. Creating a massive artificial demand for US dollars. Countries would trade real tangible goods in exchange for these meaningless empty freshly printed US dollars just so they could buy oil.

Since the agreements of 1971 and 1973, OPEC oil is exclusively quoted in US dollars. This created a permanent demand for dollars on the international exchange markets.[2][3] As of 2005, OPEC continues to trade in US Dollars, but some OPEC members (such as Iran and Venezuela) have been pushing for a switch to the euro.
    Since the beginning of 2003, Iran has required euro in payment of exports toward Asia and Europe. The government opened an Iranian Oil Bourse on the free trade zone on the island of Kish,[4][5] for the express purpose of trading oil priced in other currencies, including euros.

Interestingly as soon as Iran gave up on the deal and started selling it in Euros they were suddenly invaded by the US and soon after the currency was changed back to US dollar.

The same thing happened with libya.

And there was that huge fiasco where the US decided they wanted to keep the world's gold safe. So several countries just poured all their gold into American vaults for convenience.

Until one day France decided that they didn't trust the US on nothing more than their word that they would not start to inflate their economy and try to take advantage of the 32 USD= 1 ounce of gold rate they had established and requested that they get their gold back. The US refused.
    Last edited by This name sucks; 2012-11-23 at 07:18 PM.

I guess Clark can be called a liar because the 7 countries nonsense never came to pass.

Check out that list

This is a memo that describes how we're going to take out seven countries in five years, starting with Iraq, and then Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and, finishing off, Iran

Syria - CIA funded Civil war
    Libya - CIA funded Civil war and dictator over thrown
    Somalia is now patrolled by the EU
    Iraq - over thrown
    Iran - extremely heavy sanctions and possible war in Spring 2013
    Lebanon and Sudan are the only ones I am clueless about

That shit is just scary

Reminds me an awful lot of their operations starting in Vietnam. Especially illegal attacks on nations outside the "main" war (Cambodia - Yemen). This really is a recurring theme.

The war on terror.. Propaganda at it's best.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    I guess Clark can be called a liar because the 7 countries nonsense never came to pass.
    Reason huge invasions were stopped after iraq is cause of the huge failure it was, rumsfeld and cheney still wanted to go in in 2005 but bush refused , reason he kicked out rumsfeld. if iraq was the cakewalk they thought it would be iran would have been invaded already. the point is that plans were in place long before there was official talk about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's been known for a long time now that all of these wars were planned and the "reasons" for going to war (9/11, terrorism, etc) were a bunch of cover story BS to make it sound like a good idea to the people. Not to say that 9/11 was an inside job or planned upon, but it gave a good reason and scapegoat to move forward with plans already in place. However the people who were saying this was already planned were called things from conspiracy theorists to unpatriotic to terrorists.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleros View Post
    It's been known for a long time now that all of these wars were planned and the "reasons" for going to war (9/11, terrorism, etc) were a bunch of cover story BS to make it sound like a good idea to the people. Not to say that 9/11 was an inside job or planned upon, but it gave a good reason and scapegoat to move forward with plans already in place. However the people who were saying this was already planned were called things from conspiracy theorists to unpatriotic to terrorists.
    "YOU'RE EITHER WITH US OR AGAINST US"
    h

DEA makes living on drug case. FBI makes living on terror case. Without these cases, they lose value to exist. So if there is none, they create one.

To expand their power, DEA invented "War on drugs"; FBI and Pentagon invented "War on Terror". Under those two wars, drug business and terror activities become prosperous. So are the DEA, FBI and Pentagon. They got fat budget and expanded power - Patriot Act and NDAA.

Having a longer term plan than "Let's go to war with Iraq!" isn't out of the question.

Still, this is far too much behind closed doors. Any remaining value of voting goes out the window when the government does everything in secret.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    Its not "just oil"

Its the petrodollar horse shit that has been sustaining the US for very long time now.

Some US president made a deal with the oil countries over there in the 70s.

They agreed to sell their oil ONLY in US dollar denominations. Creating a massive artificial demand for US dollars. Countries would trade real tangible goods in exchange for these meaningless empty freshly printed US dollars just so they could buy oil.

Since the agreements of 1971 and 1973, OPEC oil is exclusively quoted in US dollars. This created a permanent demand for dollars on the international exchange markets.[2][3] As of 2005, OPEC continues to trade in US Dollars, but some OPEC members (such as Iran and Venezuela) have been pushing for a switch to the euro.
    Since the beginning of 2003, Iran has required euro in payment of exports toward Asia and Europe. The government opened an Iranian Oil Bourse on the free trade zone on the island of Kish,[4][5] for the express purpose of trading oil priced in other currencies, including euros.

Interestingly as soon as Iran gave up on the deal and started selling it in Euros they were suddenly invaded by the US and soon after the currency was changed back to US dollar.

The same thing happened with libya.

And there was that huge fiasco where the US decided they wanted to keep the world's gold safe. So several countries just poured all their gold into American vaults for convenience.

Until one day France decided that they didn't trust the US on nothing more than their word that they would not start to inflate their economy and try to take advantage of the 32 USD= 1 ounce of gold rate they had established and requested that they get their gold back. The US refused.
    Seems so Machiavellian

This sounds like something from RT "news".

10+ Year Old Account
    Democratization of the world - everyone other than Americans and Europeans are savages ( exclude UAE since they have a lot of american gold reserve and oil - and are VERY cooperative since it is ok for them to fight their brothers).
    Lets just keep people happy with fake Freedom and material goods slightly higher than everywhere in the world - and they will be obeying nation making fun about all this righteous work - which we will call "conspiracy theory" so everyone will think silly about it.
    Planning Invasion - oh no no no - never - how could you think about it - are you conspiracy theorist much ?

P.S.: sarcasm for those who are slow ^^

Whatever you do, dont ask General Clark about Waco, Operation Allied Force, or Pristina

10+ Year Old Account
    given current events in Syria, Gen Clarks statement that

"This is a memo that describes how we're going to take out seven countries in five years, starting with Iraq, and then Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and, finishing off, Iran."
    seems all the more pertinent. it also indicates that an American attack on Iran is somewhat inevtible regardless of what Iran does.

10+ Year Old Account
    The US makes plans for the invasion of every country on Earth, I'm pretty sure. Doesn't mean we plan to act on them.

But yeah, the invasion of Iraq always felt like it was out of the blue for no reason to me.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    its an interesting video. Gen clark comes across as fair and credible. i also find it interesting when related to president eisenhowers speach warning of the growth of the military industrial complex.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&h...&v=8y06NSBBRtY

Eisenhower cautioned that the federal government's collaboration with an alliance of military and industrial leaders, though necessary, was vulnerable to abuse of power. Ike then counseled American citizens to be vigilant in monitoring the military-industrial complex. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together.
    from http://www.history.com/this-day-in-h...strial-complex

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    The US makes plans for the invasion of every country on Earth, I'm pretty sure. Doesn't mean we plan to act on them.

But yeah, the invasion of Iraq always felt like it was out of the blue for no reason to me.
    Out of the blue? Come on, Clinton was even working a path that could lead nowhere but war. Not saying he wanted that war but it could end no other way. Iraq was a dead country walking. Well lying around i guess since countries dont move much.. sliding slowly along the .. never mind

Or do people actually believe you can take a country and it can prove it has no biological weapons. Let us take one that does not. Go ahead Sweden, we know you have none but prove it. Because you could make such weapons if you wanted so we have to be sure. It is only fair.

Granted they used to have such weapons but if anything that only makes it harder, even if you document dismantling all weapons you had you would be left with one simple truth: you could have made more and you could be making more. War was the only end game, it was a given, Clinton worked that path, it was ending as any sane man would have predicted. Cooperation is irrelevant