Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Fear not guys, you can go into the gregstech config files and disable the hard recipes for things. You just gotta poke around a bit.

Code:
    ####################
    # usefullrecipes 
    ####################

usefullrecipes {
       Compress2Storageblock=true
       ElectricSteelTools=true
       ExpensiveBCQuarryRecipe=false
       ExpensiveMaceratorRecipe=false
       ExpensiveNukeRecipe=true
       ExpensiveSolarRecipe=false
       ExpensiveWatermillRecipe=false
       ExpensiveWindRecipe=false
       MMIngotOnlyRollingMachine=true
       Storageblock2Macerator=true
       TincellsPer4Tin=8
       WatermillReverseCrafting=true
    }
    change the ones you want to false.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Fear not guys, you can go into the gregstech config files and disable the hard recipes for things. You just gotta poke around a bit.

Code:
    ####################
    # usefullrecipes 
    ####################

usefullrecipes {
       Compress2Storageblock=true
       ElectricSteelTools=true
       ExpensiveBCQuarryRecipe=false
       ExpensiveMaceratorRecipe=false
       ExpensiveNukeRecipe=true
       ExpensiveSolarRecipe=false
       ExpensiveWatermillRecipe=false
       ExpensiveWindRecipe=false
       MMIngotOnlyRollingMachine=true
       Storageblock2Macerator=true
       TincellsPer4Tin=8
       WatermillReverseCrafting=true
    }
    change the ones you want to false.
    Its not like I want to disable it, I was just surprised that the old recipe didnt work. I think it is actualy good that it requires steel, it will give you a kick to explore other mods. But others may not feel same so thanks for that anyway.

For the record, the Technic team has permission for all of the mods in its pack. You can even verify this by I think the computercraft? guys requirements for being in a pack. He won't give permission to be in a pack unless the pack has permission for all mods, and the he has given permission to technic IE he has verified that they do have permissions.

The original hiccups over it was mainly from FlowerChild who most people agree is quite insane. There was another incident where I guess forestry guy wasn't explicitly asked permission, and then instead of asking the technic team to remove his mod he just kept his hatred quiet never talking to them and then finally adding a thing to disable technic if it was installed in it. Kinda stupid really, technic removed it and was like ??? If you wanted it removed all you had to do was ask guy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Its not like I want to disable it, I was just surprised that the old recipe didnt work. I think it is actualy good that it requires steel, it will give you a kick to explore other mods. But others may not feel same so thanks for that anyway.
    I plan to go with the full-on hard mode next time I restart a world. The matterfabricator and energy sources look amazing and hard to construct. Going to have to do serious strip mining to get iridium ore from the ground though unless you mess with the spawn rates.

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 03:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Olloth View Post
    The original hiccups over it was mainly from FlowerChild who most people agree is quite insane. There was another incident where I guess forestry guy wasn't explicitly asked permission, and then instead of asking the technic team to remove his mod he just kept his hatred quiet never talking to them and then finally adding a thing to disable technic if it was installed in it. Kinda stupid really, technic removed it and was like ??? If you wanted it removed all you had to do was ask guy.
    I would rather not bring months old Minecraft mod drama over here now too. The stories are well documented elsewhere and theres no need to dig up the past. Tekkit and Technic are decent packs that got a lot of players into playing modded minecraft. The squabbles of the developers are really not my concern. The whole Flowerchild drama was also more over Forge if I recall and not Tekkit.

I would rather not bring months old Minecraft mod drama over here now too. The stories are well documented elsewhere and theres no need to dig up the past. Tekkit and Technic are decent packs that got a lot of players into playing modded minecraft. The squabbles of the developers are really not my concern. The whole Flowerchild drama was also more over Forge if I recall and not Tekkit.
    With all due respect, you started it by mentioning at all in your OP. I'd rather not bring it up either, except for that it's a good civil thread.

EDIT: I guess my main point is it really bothers me to see it brought up at all and it perpetuates it in peoples mind all the time. I get random hate for technic all the time in various communities just because they see stuff like this that is perpetuating the issue.

15+ Year Old Account
    With all due respect, you started it by mentioning at all in your OP. I'd rather not bring it up either, except for that it's a good civil thread.

EDIT: I guess my main point is it really bothers me to see it brought up at all and it perpetuates it in peoples mind all the time. I get random hate for technic all the time in various communities just because they see stuff like this that is perpetuating the issue.
    It's not my OP I mentioned it in my mods thread as a possible solution for people who don't like manually installing mods but I've reworked a lot of that thread. I don't think it's mentioned anymore. I dont have any real problem with it. I've used it at some point in the past for server play, just because it's easy to get everyone the same mods and playing on a server. As far as the drama goes though, I'm kinda over it. It's really not something that should concern us players. My new feeling is that Tekkit/Technic was good for bringing people into the modded MC community. It had its flaws and had some fluff mods in it's pack, but most packs do, FTB included.

It's not my OP I mentioned it in my mods thread as a possible solution for people who don't like manually installing mods but I've reworked a lot of that thread. I don't think it's mentioned anymore. I dont have any real problem with it. I've used it at some point in the past for server play, just because it's easy to get everyone the same mods and playing on a server. As far as the drama goes though, I'm kinda over it. It's really not something that should concern us players. My new feeling is that Tekkit/Technic was good for bringing people into the modded MC community. It had its flaws and had some fluff mods in it's pack, but most packs do, FTB included.
    You're right, my mistake. Yeah I'm just tired of it being brought up as 'illegal' and stuff. I'm a developer for both Spout and Technic personally. The amount of drama in the minecraft community could fill a mall bathroom. I was actually really surprised to see it as civil as it is here at all. The rest of these forums can be..interesting. I typically don't even bother posting here because I can't tell trolling from legitimately crazy people, even though I've come to this website for a long long time.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't tell trolling from legitimately crazy people, even though I've come to this website for a long long time.
    The legit crazy ones usually have Moderator under their name

Yeah I'm not going to bring that drama here. It's done as far as I'm concerned. Sengir can hash it out in his own way. As for this modpack, I'm liking it so far. I've been playing a bit on a server with some youtubers and we've got some pretty good stuff going, although I'm about 2 weeks behind them with stuff.

One thing I also really love with FTB is the retro pack. Gives you 1.2.5 versions at your fingertips. You gotta remove the timer mod and tweak NEI a little bit because its set up for FTB challenge maps. If anyone runs into trouble with it I can help them fix it up. Nice to play with RP2, Thaumcraft 2 and EE2 again sometimes

10+ Year Old Account
    The legit crazy ones usually have Moderator under their name

Yeah I'm not going to bring that drama here. It's done as far as I'm concerned. Sengir can hash it out in his own way. As for this modpack, I'm liking it so far. I've been playing a bit on a server with some youtubers and we've got some pretty good stuff going, although I'm about 2 weeks behind them with stuff.

One thing I also really love with FTB is the retro pack. Gives you 1.2.5 versions at your fingertips. You gotta remove the timer mod and tweak NEI a little bit because its set up for FTB challenge maps. If anyone runs into trouble with it I can help them fix it up. Nice to play with RP2, Thaumcraft 2 and EE2 again sometimes
    One thing I would like to see is for them to throw in a vanilla "pack" for through the launcher, kind of like how the tekkit launcher has. To be able to control all my minecraft versions through a single launcher would be ideal for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    One thing I would like to see is for them to throw in a vanilla "pack" for through the launcher, kind of like how the tekkit launcher has. To be able to control all my minecraft versions through a single launcher would be ideal for me.
    It's based off MultiMC so I don't see why not.

Deleted
    Can't you just disable GregTech in the launcher? (genuine question, my FTB is messed up still and creeperhost is offline)

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 02:39 AM ----------

With all due respect, I honestly don't give two shits about the whole Forestry argument. I may have mentioned it in my OP but that means nothing. I run my own private Tekkit server so that should tell you where I stand... I just wanna play mods. I mentioned it in the OP because it is relevant to some people. There are people who will not use the Technic launcher because of the whole ordeal, FTB is perfect for them. Personally, I'll be playing both.
    Last edited by mmoc520d33584e; 2012-11-24 at 02:41 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spambanjo View Post
    Can't you just disable GregTech in the launcher? (genuine question, my FTB is messed up still and creeperhost is offline)
    Yep, you can disable any of the mods. GregsTech isn't for everyone. Being a bit of an IC2 junkie, I'm looking forward to the challenges its going to provide next time I start a world.

Deleted
    Yep, you can disable any of the mods. GregsTech isn't for everyone. Being a bit of an IC2 junkie, I'm looking forward to the challenges its going to provide next time I start a world.
    Same. I'll be leaving it on and continue to play with my local Tekkit/Technic/HSM maps for a different flavour

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spambanjo View Post
    Same. I'll be leaving it on and continue to play with my local Tekkit/Technic/HSM maps for a different flavour
    The FTB server I play on has it half on/half off. The expensive recipes for things like solar panels and macerators are off, but the mass fabricator is disabled and you actually have to farm iridium ore to make the matter fabricator. It's tricky, I haven't found any just yet but my quarries have only been going for a day. If I can get on tonight I might find some.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are currently having issue with the mod packs not showing up, try out build #84 here: http://nallar.me/buildservice/job/FTB%20Launcher/ (it's a link to Jenkins).

15+ Year Old Account
    yeah, just tried the 1.0.8 version and it worked. Nothing else did for a few hours at least.

Trouble Playing

I am wondering if you can help me, when I install it and run the launcher, it comes up working fine but then it has me play minecraft 1.4.2 but with out any mods just vanilla. can you help?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyRiverMonkey View Post
    I am wondering if you can help me, when I install it and run the launcher, it comes up working fine but then it has me play minecraft 1.4.2 but with out any mods just vanilla. can you help?
    Which version of the launcher are you using?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyRiverMonkey View Post
    I actually have the same issue at the moment. My problem is that it's not downloading the mods at all. I've been playing Vanilla on LAN for the last few days with my 7 year old son (his first weekend playing!) and catching up on some work so I've not had time to follow up the errors.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had this problem until I updated the launcher to 1.0.8: http://nallar.me/buildservice/job/FTB%20Launcher/

Currently using build #84

Edit: Checked with the most recent build (#86) and is also working fine.
    Last edited by Greevir; 2012-11-25 at 03:22 PM.