Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    Starchild: "There's another another way. Here, look. It's the Reaper Off Switch"

Funny we had no such option... it's so simple and perfect.
    Why has my engineer Shepard not thought about just pulling that damn plug and shutting that catalyst down? Or just use AI hack or something? Damn you Shepard

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 08:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    We already have.
    But its a bit unstable.

Destroy option.
    And that would be? I can only see endings that require you to use that damn crucible ... LOL

this weekends challenge banner is prety awesome also on the topic of banners what do i need to get the biotic god one?
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Maybe it will be a happy end for all the fans where the whole Crew of the Normandy survives with Shepard instead of Shepard dying (or being presumably dead).
    I think that would devalue the series and take away from the story. I don't need some token gesture for playing the game. Or rather I don't need or want a token ending. I'd rather they thank us with a awesome free DLC then a new ending just to appease some people.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I think that would devalue the series and take away from the story. I don't need some token gesture for playing the game. Or rather I don't need or want a token ending. I'd rather they thank us with a awesome free DLC then a new ending just to appease some people.
    Sure that´s your opinion yet I still would be pleased if the decided to do that. Of course I can only pull such things out of my arse because I don´t know what their plans for the future are.

A small gift for the fans that played the Shepard trilogy would be nice be it a free DLC or an awesome ending.

15+ Year Old Account
    True that guy that I copied that text from was not quite accurate on that sentence but basically he meant that it just looks way too good for a simple trailer for a free MP DLC.
    Just because it is free doesn't mean Bioware isn't going to put effort into marketing it or making it like awesome. Because they make far more money off of people buying packs then they would just selling the DLC. The reason they keep releasing free DLC for multiplayer is to keep everyone interested so they keep buying packs with real money.

If people had to buy the DLC as well it would cut back on their potential market. Nothing released for Multiplayer is ever zero profit.

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 03:04 PM ----------

A small gift for the fans that played the Shepard trilogy would be nice be it a free DLC or an awesome ending.
    But how do you make an "awesome" ending for all of your fans?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Just because it is free doesn't mean Bioware isn't going to put effort into marketing it or making it like awesome. Because they make far more money off of people buying packs then they would just selling the DLC. The reason they keep releasing free DLC for multiplayer is to keep everyone interested so they keep buying packs with real money.

If people had to buy the DLC as well it would cut back on their potential market. Nothing released for Multiplayer is ever zero profit.

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 03:04 PM ----------

But how do you make an "awesome" ending for all of your fans?
    Damn you rhorle ... Why should they recreate the collectors just for MP? Even you can´t justify that. What´s wrong when I say that they will probably add a DLC featuring the collectors? Nothing wrong about that.

The awesome ending for all of your fans would be an ending that does not involve that spacemagic catalyst and crucible shit because that´s what most players hate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bleh, not the dumb wishful theories. Please don't bing them here, please! The endings are fine as is.

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 12:15 PM ----------

The awesome ending for all of your fans would be an ending that does not involve that spacemagic catalyst and crucible shit because that´s what most players hate.
    Actually, I think the majority of ending dislikers don't like the ending because it lacks the LI reunion. In other words, they want sunshine and they got rain. With the EC, I feel as though the endings are valid and it's time for people to either accept them or move on.
    Last edited by Puck; 2012-11-23 at 08:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    Bleh, not the dumb wishful theories. Please don't bing them here, please! The endings are fine as is.

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 12:15 PM ----------

Actually, I think the majority of ending dislikers don't like the ending because it lacks the LI reunion. In other words, they want sunshine and they got rain. With the EC, I feel as though the endings are valid and it's time for people to either accept them or move on.
    Just go to http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/category/355/index and read all of those recent ending threads and you will see that the majority hates it because of the missing logic and that space kid.

Deleted
    No, destroy is destroy.
    Switch off - is different: Geth live, EDI lives. Offed Reapers floating in space, lying on planet surfaces - ripe for being dismantled, vivisected, researched.
    Ridiculous.

And that would be? I can only see endings that require you to use that damn crucible ... LOL
    Jack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just go to http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/category/355/index and read all of those recent ending threads and you will see that the majority hates it because of the missing logic and that space kid.
    The BSN is hardly a majority. In fact, metacritic ratings now have more positive user ratings than negative, this wasn't the case a fe months go. I no longer post on BSN because it is the same 10 people complaining in each thred. This place is my last bastion of Mass Effect sanity, please don't ruin it with the ending drivel.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, it's all that Bio vs AI bullshit.

The only way I can swallow it is this:
    Starchild: "They created me to solve the problem, but I thought: wtf? I'm far superior in everyway and they are just puny chaotic life forms - so I wiped them all and created the first reaper - my first child. And I wanted to create more - therefore I came up with this cycles/harvesting plan. I grow life to a certain level that is adequate for reaper creation and then harvest it, create new child and start a new cycle. Wait... DO NOT PRESS THAT BUTTON!"

Deleted
    please don't ruin it with the ending drivel.
    The circle must continue.

Deleted
    The BSN is hardly a majority. In fact, metacritic ratings now have more positive user ratings than negative, this wasn't the case a fe months go. I no longer post on BSN because it is the same 10 people complaining in each thred. This place is my last bastion of Mass Effect sanity, please don't ruin it with the ending drivel.
    Damn don´t throw that metacritic shit in there. Seriously that guys that always refer to that super awesome metacritic reviews are annoying as hell.

I actually like to read BSN occasionally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, it's all that Bio vs AI bullshit.

The only way I can swallow it is this:
    Starchild: "They created me to solve the problem, but I thought: wtf? I'm far superior in everyway and they are just puny chaotic life forms - so I wiped them all and created the first reaper - my first child. And I wanted to create more - therefore I came up with this cycles/harvesting plan. I grow life to a certain level that is adequate for reaper creation and then harvest it, create new child and start a new cycle. Wait... DO NOT PRESS THAT BUTTON!"
    People like the Mass Efect happy ending mod and are praising it highly. It fails to explain anything abou the Reapers, the crucible and is essentially Shepard using a console which causes the Citadel to explode killing all the Reapers and sparring the Geth and EDI. It is arguably fr worse than even the original ending, and do you know why they love it? Because in the final scene you see Shepard hug his Love interest.
    Last edited by Puck; 2012-11-23 at 08:43 PM.

Meh, my only problem with single player right now is that I can't find the data I told EDI to save. You know, the one where the Cerberus officer gets interrogated and tortured to death but spills his guts before dying, in ME 2.

I think they forgot that side mission. Or I missed something.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn don´t throw that metacritic shit in there. Seriously that guys that always refer to that super awesome metacritic reviews are annoying as hell.

I actually like to read BSN occasionally.
    Why not? If metacritic is mostly positive now when it wasn't a few months ago I think that says something. The quality of the reviews are irrelevant.

I can't read the BSN anymore, it's utter hyperbolic negative trash. I don't know why Bioware hasn't nuked it yet.
    Last edited by Puck; 2012-11-23 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I still see it at 800 BW points.
    Guess it was only yesterday then.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    People like the Mass Efect happy ending mod and are praising it highly. It fails to explain anything abou the Reapers, the crucible and is essentially Shepard using a console which causes the Citadel to explode killing all the Reapers and sparring the Geth and EDI. It is arguably fr worse than even the original ending, and do you know why? Because in the final scene you see Shepard hug his Love interest.
    1. No reaper explanation is better than explanation that makes no sense.
    2. It can't be far worse than original just because Shepard gets to reunite with LI. Not everyone had LI.
    3. It is better than original for some people. Doesn't make them majority, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorage View Post
    Meh, my only problem with single player right now is that I can't find the data I told EDI to save. You know, the one where the Cerberus officer gets interrogated and tortured to death but spills his guts before dying, in ME 2.

I think they forgot that side mission. Or I missed something.
    I dont remember this.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. No reaper explanation is better than explanation that makes no sense.
    2. It can be far worse than original just because Shepard gets to reunite with LI. Not everyone had LI.
    3. It is better than original for some people. Doesn't make them majority, right?
    But it says a lot about the ending criticisms. They like to use words like "narrative" and "Thematic relevance" but when it comes down to it they just want sunshine. I imagine that if this was the case they'd easily be okay with the crucible and the Catalyst.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...dex/14795358/1 Perhaps it is not a majority, but I see a hell of a lot of the usual people who complain on BSN praising that mod for its genius.

Too me, it just invalidates their ending criticisms.