Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Just a quick story regarding OCUK, so 2 years ago I decided to buy a pc from them, bought a very very nice one paid alot extra for fast delievery. 2 weeks later hadnt arrived - phoned them they had no account of my order sent over the conformation and bank recipt they appologised said they would send one asap but they were out of the motherboard's that I ordered so would have to wait a tad longer, anyway 2 weeks later got my pc ( a month after buying it ).

From the moment of starting it up it constantly blue screened phoned them up turns out if was a confliction with the motherboard ( which by the way was different too the one I ordered >,< ) and the processor a common problem they said they have had recently when overclocking it was all fine RMA'ed it but they said they wouldnt send me a new one just fix the current one abit annoyed I was like 'okay' took 2 days to pick it up they recived it 2 weeks later nothing phoned them they said they have alot of RMA's currently so its in the queue a week later nothing phoned same thing argued said it would come soon. next week it came ( 2 months after I paid for it ) opened the box and guess what the graphics card had snapped in delivery...obviously not their fault but still phoned them they said okay we will just RMA it fix it and get it back out within 2-3 weeks.

This was the point I kinda lost it..and said look im sorry I know most of this isnt your fault but that will be 3 months since I originally ordered my pc and paid alot of money and I bady need a working pc so could I just have a refund and ill buy one in a store. This was their answer..sorry we cannot do a refund as you have had the pc for more than a month which is our refund time. Obviously within this 3 months id had my pc for a grand total of 4 days of which 3 days 22 hours of it was waiting for it to be picked up. Spent 3 days getting trading standards on them before I got a refund.

That was my terrible experience with them however I know it was one of those one of things and actually bought a pc of them this year and its incredible and the service has been incredible!.

I've never had particularly good experiences with OCuk:

Ordered a tower cooler (a hefty Titan Fenrir), it was shipped in a jiffy bag which resulted in the entire heatsink having the fins mashed. When I complained, they blamed me for not paying for extra shipping over the normal method.

When I ordered a bundle from them (CPU+Motherboard+Memory), they sent the wrong CPU. They then said I'd have to send the entire bundle back, despite items being individually listed, and that they couldn't send the correct CPU first despite it being entirely their fault. Again.

Scan have not been the best for me either. I ordered an EK mosfet/full cover block for the UD7 board (so I could fit the main block, without the mosfet block, to my UD3). The one they sent was very obviously used - dried blue coolant around the ports, over the top of the block and in the screw holes, TIM on the back and missing the required thermal pads for the southbridge/SATA chip. When contacted, they said they couldn't do an advanced RMA (sending me a replacement first).

I've since been using smaller companies who care a bit more about their customers.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

I'd suggest anyone having issues print out the relevant section, or email them the section, that describes why it's OCUK's problem, not the manufacturer's. If they won't abide by the law, remind them of it first.

If that fails and you want to make a stance, then contact the nation's customer service bureau. Most nations have one. At the very least these bureaus will generally give some kind of advice or description. And in some cases they may be willing to step in themselves.

In Norway, the bureau stepped in when HBO Nordic wanted a 12 month lease before starting to use their service. The bureau basically told 'em it was illegal to do what they did, as such a service plan had to benefit the user.
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2012-11-23 at 08:44 PM.

Deleted
    Hi there invizion.

I work for Overclockers UK. And I am here to help you. Just been pointed out regarding this thread and it is a shame to see you kicking off like this. - I am unsure as to why we would cut up someones cable on their mouse, we are far too busy to be doing that. Not accusing you that it was sent like that, I just find it a bit odd and I will raise a full investigation.

Anyway, to the point please give me your order number and I will refund the testing charges, and also send you a brand new Kana to your address.

Our customer service has improved over the last few months and we putting more things in place to make it even better.

Post your order number here if you can and I shall sort this all out first thing in the morning when I get to the OcUK HQ.

Regards,
    5UB

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    a true test of a company is not how good their customer service is when you are buying something, but how there customer service is when you have a problem with a product

thats why companies like EVGA, Mushkin, and Dell get repeat business from tech customers (Dell is probably the best)
    Interesting about dell, I feel their basic computers for your general consumer are shit, along with alienware but according to a friend of mine their business side is absolutely fantastic, not only offering amazing deals but amazing tech support too.
    CPU: Intel I5-3570k 4.7ghz MB: Gigabyte Z77-D3H
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Ram: G-Skill 8GB 1333
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB PSU: Corsair CX850M Case: Corsair 750D

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaV View Post
    Interesting about dell, I feel their basic computers for your general consumer are shit, along with alienware but according to a friend of mine their business side is absolutely fantastic, not only offering amazing deals but amazing tech support too.
    To put it in perspective, one of my U2312HM monitors decided to make a sharp buzzing noise, before shortly after having trouble maintaining picture. What did Dell do when I called them? They sent me a new one. Their message was to use the new monitor's box for the old monitor, and they'd come around and pick it up later.

Essentially, the phonecall was the most complicated part.

I purchased a new comp from overclockers a couple of months ago £1500 worth and it came with random BSOD's the power supply was installed the wrong way round so the fan was facing upwards directly on the gfx card , they forgot to give me my free max payne 3 game and a keyring that you got free with the gtx680 and worst of all no mobo driver disc which was the worst part since i had to format it before i could even use it.
    I was pissed about it , although i didnt send it back as i was able to correct the errors myself, customer services was a pain , they would not send me the disc for the mobo for any future problems 'We dont send out the mobo disc with pc's as the drivers on there would be out of date'...i needed the disc to get on the net in the first place with the network driver.
    Saying all that overclockers is a great place to shop, i was just unlucky it was my turn to have a bad purchase, shit happens.....it happens in every shop.
    Last edited by Suggs; 2012-11-23 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    To put it in perspective, one of my U2312HM monitors decided to make a sharp buzzing noise, before shortly after having trouble maintaining picture. What did Dell do when I called them? They sent me a new one. Their message was to use the new monitor's box for the old monitor, and they'd come around and pick it up later.

Essentially, the phonecall was the most complicated part.
    Interesting, that puts dell in a new light for me, I still will never recommend one of their computers but monitors and business I will.
    CPU: Intel I5-3570k 4.7ghz MB: Gigabyte Z77-D3H
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Ram: G-Skill 8GB 1333
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB PSU: Corsair CX850M Case: Corsair 750D

Deleted
    Suprising, I've had good service with OcUK.

My Logitech G600 died a little while back, maybe a fortnight after purchase, one of the side buttons didn't work.

I sent it back and within about 4 days I got a confirmation that it had been replaced and had received the replacement mouse, no charge for delivery from their HQ.

My only problem was that when they shipped my computer parts (All parts minus the motherboard which I got of Amazon since OcUK didn't have it in stock) for my build they didn't send the case. I rang them up and they apologised and said it was human error, they then put it on next day delivery before midday free of charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiveub View Post
    Hi there invizion.

I work for Overclockers UK. And I am here to help you. Just been pointed out regarding this thread and it is a shame to see you kicking off like this. - I am unsure as to why we would cut up someones cable on their mouse, we are far too busy to be doing that. Not accusing you that it was sent like that, I just find it a bit odd and I will raise a full investigation.

Anyway, to the point please give me your order number and I will refund the testing charges, and also send you a brand new Kana to your address.

Our customer service has improved over the last few months and we putting more things in place to make it even better.

Post your order number here if you can and I shall sort this all out first thing in the morning when I get to the OcUK HQ.

Regards,
    5UB
    If this is a serious post then please send me a driver disc for a Z77X-UD5H :P

I have been using OCUK for many many years, have never had any issues with RMA's and have spent 10's of thousands with them over the years. Like all companies there is occasionally some issues, but I have only ever experienced them trying to put things right.

Quote Originally Posted by Dammagia View Post
    I have been using OCUK for many many years, have never had any issues with RMA's and have spent 10's of thousands with them over the years. Like all companies there is occasionally some issues, but I have only ever experienced them trying to put things right.
    That is where companies show their true colours. When a hiccup happens, how do they handle it?

In my experience Overclockers UK handles things very badly, and that is why I have avoided using them.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OmegaV View Post
    there business side is hands down the best there is, laptop died? new one will be in your office the next day, just swap the HDD and put the old one in the box and ship it back

SAN go down? a tech will be out there and have it back up within 4 hours guaranteed

even alienware support is pretty good, there was someone on this forum last year i think that had a GTX-590 die in his Aurora, Dell just sent him a new 590 no questions asked

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiveub View Post
    Hi there invizion.

Regards,
    5UB
    Hi 5UB, if possible, can you pm me your real name just for my own records please? I've learnt a valuable lesson with regards to asking for peoples names when dealing with different companies today :

Just to give more detail of what's happened from my POV. My order number was OC1446677, I originally sent the mouse in due to a lose connection in the wire where the wire goes into the mouse unit itself. When I first received the mouse, there was a slight issue with the braid down the USB end of the cable (there wasn't enough and a slight bit of the cable (about 1 cm) was poking out) however, it was just a cosmetic issue and didn't effect how the mouse functioned therefor nothing was done about it (I did contact but as made obvious my previous phone calls earlier today, nothing was noted. more fool me for not wanting it changed at the time).

I was told because of the issue with the braid and not changing it at the time, the warranty was void. I was not aware at the time of the phone calls however that the braid had since completely come away from the cabling around the effected area. This is because I hadn't unpackaged the mouse as I was wanted to know what was happening to save repacking it. Now I'm not sure if this was an issue with Royal mail or what has happened, however when I sent the mouse off, it was not like this at all and with there nothing being left on the delivery note, I have to assume that OCUK is at fault.

This is how I received the mouse back.

Regards

invizion

Quote Originally Posted by invizion View Post
    So you wouldn't call something coming back more damaged than when sent off with a refusal to repair/replace and a £25 charge a horror story?
    Not to say I don't believe you, but I do not. We have no idea if in anger you damaged it or if something happened in transit.

Overclockers is generally a great company... until you have to send something back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by invizion View Post
    Hi 5UB, if possible, can you pm me your real name just for my own records please? I've learnt a valuable lesson with regards to asking for peoples names when dealing with different companies today :

Just to give more detail of what's happened from my POV. My order number was OC1446677, I originally sent the mouse in due to a lose connection in the wire where the wire goes into the mouse unit itself. When I first received the mouse, there was a slight issue with the braid down the USB end of the cable (there wasn't enough and a slight bit of the cable (about 1 cm) was poking out) however, it was just a cosmetic issue and didn't effect how the mouse functioned therefor nothing was done about it (I did contact but as made obvious my previous phone calls earlier today, nothing was noted. more fool me for not wanting it changed at the time).

I was told because of the issue with the braid and not changing it at the time, the warranty was void. I was not aware at the time of the phone calls however that the braid had since completely come away from the cabling around the effected area. This is because I hadn't unpackaged the mouse as I was wanted to know what was happening to save repacking it. Now I'm not sure if this was an issue with Royal mail or what has happened, however when I sent the mouse off, it was not like this at all and with there nothing being left on the delivery note, I have to assume that OCUK is at fault.

This is how I received the mouse back.

Regards

invizion
    My name is Steven, the HQ is open at 9AM, I am not in today however I will arrange for my colleague to send you a new mouse, and to sort out the refund on the charge. - The mouse shall be sent out today for delivery on Monday (you will receive an email confirming all of this).

As regards to our service, if you have had bad service in the past this has changed drastically over the last few months for the better, and we have more changes too going in place.

Deleted
    Your parcel is out for delivery today.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    there business side is hands down the best there is, laptop died? new one will be in your office the next day, just swap the HDD and put the old one in the box and ship it back

SAN go down? a tech will be out there and have it back up within 4 hours guaranteed

even alienware support is pretty good, there was someone on this forum last year i think that had a GTX-590 die in his Aurora, Dell just sent him a new 590 no questions asked
    Alienware and dell in general are no joke w/ replacements. Also why did someone say there general consumer products are bad? General consumers don't need even need i3's to be happy. Beyond that Alienware continually wins awards everywhere for the thermal design of both their laptops and desktops. Seen a 6990 fail and get replaced by a tech within 24Hrs, I'd say that Dell is holding up the standards.

Deleted
    Would just like take the opportunity to thank-you 5UB for sorting this issue out, my new Kana arrived today as promised. I will consider using overclockers later on again down the line so you've saved a customer