Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    If you're not going to rationally discuss this why are you in here?

He said no such thing.
    Rational is compensating the man, rational is making damn sure that those that wronged him dont get the chance to wrong anyone else, rational is sending a message to society that laws mean something.

irrational is NOT compensating him, irrational is ignoring the travesty that was foisted upon him, irrational is encouraging others in society to pull this same bullshit on other innocent people.

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 07:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    No 11 year old makes up a rape. Mom coached her so they could take all the guys money and assets.
    I've thought that as well., and I fault the DA for not seeing thru it and letting the man sit in prison for all this time.

Video tape your sex acts, this way they can't randomly cry rape.

Quote Originally Posted by Haarvald View Post
    Love the word, but I dont love your 'fuck you mister, you should take one in the ass for the good of all the prosecutors that want to pad their conviction records and for all the malicous wives and daughters out there' attitude.
    Please find where I said that.

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 01:13 AM ----------

Rational is compensating the man
    Which I said he should be.
    rational is making damn sure that those that wronged him dont get the chance to wrong anyone else
    Given the fact she recanted I doubt she's going to go after anyone else.
    rational is sending a message to society that laws mean something.
    yes because false accusations of rape are thrown out left and right. Rule of law is gone! Cats and dogs living together! The end times are upon us!

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Video tape your sex acts, this way they can't randomly cry rape.
    Outstanding idea... really...

I'm amazed he was convicted of raping his daughter and actually survived nine years in jail.

OT: They really do need to figure out how this guy was convicted with no evidence and take some sort of corrective action. If the statute of limitations has run out on a penalty for the daughter, that is a shame. She should face some kind of consequence for what she did. This guy definitely needs a settlement from the state. It aggravates me to no end when women cry wolf like this, because it can utterly destroy the man's life. I don't know that it necessarily makes people take less notice the next time a woman cries rape, even if the next one is a real case, but it can't help.

10+ Year Old Account
    So let me get this right, your saying 'Its okay that your daughter and I fucked you for 9 years of your life, endangered your life by charging you with child rape and dumping you in a prison with other rapists and who knows what' Is that what you are saying?
    If that's slang for "oh, I used the term malicious prosecution without any actual knowledge of its exact legal definition, along with the fact that it absolutely must fulfill this legal definition to apply, but now that you showed me thank you," sure? I rebuked your rebuke of my rebuttal of someone who expressed a highly erroneous viewpoint.

There is no need to sensationalize matters here.

Please find where I said that.

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 01:13 AM ----------

Which I said he should be.

Given the fact she recanted I doubt she's going to go after anyone else.

yes because false accusations of rape are thrown out left and right. Rule of law is gone! Cats and dogs living together! The end times are upon us!
    Your attitude about refusing to go after the daughter or DA say it... I'm sorry if you cant see the message you are sending out... maybe I'm misreading your intent... but thats the intent I get from you and some of the others that dont think the DA or daughter should be punished.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Punish the girl for perjury. Get the guy off sex offender list, let him go and rebuild his life. Done and done.

and compensate him financially as the trail was bollocks as there could not have been any evidence....

and lock the lying cow up for at least 9 years.

Your attitude about refusing to go after the daughter or DA say it... I'm sorry if you cant see the message you are sending out... maybe I'm misreading your intent... but thats the intent I get from you and some of the others that dont think the DA or daughter should be punished.
    If you're going to be incapable of not putting words in my mouth this discussion is over.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/VIzpy.jpg[IMG]

Infracted.

Mod Warning - Don't spam images.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2012-11-24 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    If that's slang for "oh, I used the term malicious prosecution without any actual knowledge of its exact legal definition, along with the fact that it absolutely must fulfill this legal definition to apply, but now that you showed me thank you," sure? I rebuked your rebuke of my rebuttal of someone who expressed a highly erroneous viewpoint.

There is no need to sensationalize matters here.
    Look, Kasierith, I get that you and the others dont think that 9 years of someone's life means anything and that those that stole that from him shouldn't be held to account for their actions... I understand that completely, however, I believe that laws mean something and that the guilty should be punished.

Stop pretending you care about the law while pretending the statute of limitations doesn't exist and throwing out legal terms completely incorrectly.

If you're going to be incapable of not putting words in my mouth this discussion is over.
    I simply said thats the impression you are giving... if thats the wrong impression perhaps you should come out and say something different and support the victim of this travesty (the father), instead of protecting the criminal (the daughter).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tlacoatl View Post
    and lock the lying cow up for at least 9 years.
    "C. Whoever commits the crime of perjury shall be punished as follows:
    (1) When committed on a trial in which a sentence of death or life imprisonment may be imposed, the offender shall be fined not more than one hundred thousand dollars or imprisoned at hard labor for not less than five years, nor more than forty years, or both.
    (2) When committed on a trial in which a sentence of imprisonment necessarily at hard labor for any period less than a life sentence may be imposed, the offender shall be fined not more than fifty thousand dollars or imprisoned at hard labor for not less than one year, nor more than twenty years, or both.
    (3) When committed in all other cases in which any other sentence may be imposed, the offender shall be fined not more than ten thousand dollars or imprisoned at hard labor for not more than five years, or both.
    (4) When committed in any civil action, administrative proceeding, legislative hearing or proceeding, or in any other legal proceeding, by a fine of not more than ten thousand dollars or imprisonment at hard labor for not more than five years, or both.
    Acts 1995, No. 820, §1; Acts 1997, No. 1312, §1; Acts 2001, No. 403, §1, eff. June 15, 2001; Acts 2004, No. 399, §1."

So the law should be about vengeance, and not justice? This seems to be a common mentality in this thread.

I simply said thats the impression you are giving... if thats the wrong impression perhaps you should come out and say something different and support the victim of this travesty (the father), instead of protecting the criminal (the daughter).
    I've said you were misrepresenting me on multiple occasions and you continue to do so. You have given me no indication that further efforts would bear fruit.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.. you're quite obviously misconstruing just about everything Wells is saying. And his posts are being pretty straightforward tonight, so I can't see how this could be by accident.

Look, Kasierith, I get that you and the others dont think that 9 years of someone's life means anything and that those that stole that from him shouldn't be held to account for their actions... I understand that completely, however, I believe that laws mean something and that the guilty should be punished.
    And what does that have to do with misinterpretation of the Statute of Limitations and malicious persecution?

Why should vengeance take precedent over justice?

I've said you were misrepresenting me on multiple occasions and you continue to do so. You have given me no indication that further efforts would bear fruit.
    then answer me 4 simple questions... What should be done to the daughter for this? What should be done to the DA for this? What kind of life do child rapists have in prison? What should be done to encourage that nothing like this happens again?

I'm asking for your stand on each of those 4 questions... and I'll use those positions instead of as you call it, 'misrepresenting you'... I'll then tell you how each of those positions you take appear, and you can challenge that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there any word on whether or not the guy will be compensated for his time?

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    No.. you're quite obviously misconstruing just about everything Wells is saying. And his posts are being pretty straightforward tonight, so I can't see how this could be by accident.

And what does that have to do with misinterpretation of the Statute of Limitations and malicious persecution?

Why should vengeance take precedent over justice?
    and I'll direct you to the same 4 questions I just asked Wells... and I'll hear your positions on them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    and I'll direct you to the same 4 questions I just asked Wells... and I'll hear your positions on them as well.
    To the daughter: nothing. For a number of reasons; from her age, to the statute of limitations, to the impact it could have on other women coming forward with the truth.
    To the DA: absolutely nothing. For obvious reasons.
    Child rapists in prison: grossly exaggerated overall as a mechanism to attempt to prevent the crime. US prisons aren't animal houses like you think. While its not a walk in the park by any means, its not a death sentence.
    How to prevent it: catch it when it happens. Not 9 years later when she recants.

Now, what is more important? Vengeance or justice?
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2012-11-24 at 01:48 AM.