Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aalyy View Post
    Anyone involved in the prosecution of this case should be investigated. It was they who dropped the ball and they are the ones who owe this man restitution for losing 9 years of his life.

A question to the "crucify her" crowd: What is an appropriate punishment for an 11 year old little girl who lies about being raped?
    What is the appropriate punishment for locking someone in a cage for 9 years and telling everyone in the cage with him that he's a child rapist', when he's not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    A grown man cannot rape an underdeveloped child without damaging the hymen, unless it was a form of molestation not involving sex. A serious matter shouldn't be approached gently on one side and not the other. If they won't prosecutable evidence then such examination should be done. They don't need to be cruel when doing so, but they should be thorough. If the police did thorough questioning on more than one occasion it wouldn't make it to court for the lawyer to trip people up. If the evidence is sufficient, then it shouldn't matter what the lawyer does, even despite their career based on spinning bullshit.
    Than you underestimate lawyers, especially in situations where trivialities can make or break a case. As for your first statement, sexual matters are not allowed on these forums..... but no, there are other ways that someone can be raped.

Quote Originally Posted by Aalyy View Post
    Anyone involved in the prosecution of this case should be investigated. It was they who dropped the ball and they are the ones who owe this man restitution for losing 9 years of his life.

A question to the "crucify her" crowd: What is an appropriate punishment for an 11 year old little girl who lies about being raped?
    When she's old enough to attend juvenile hall, then there until 18 if the father was prosecuted and it was caught earlier. If it was found that she lied prior to that, then it should be a family issue, but the family (not the victims side) should have to pay for the investigation time and resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    If she is charged for harming her father, it is vengeance. If she is charged for breaking the law, it is justice. While this statement could not hold up against strict critical scrutiny as justice vs vengeance and oversimplifies the matter, in this specific incident it rings true.
    Maybe I'm a little slow, I've read this several times and cant see where you've actually said if you are interested in 'justice' in this case or not, BUT, given your previous answer that nothing should happen to her, and you just saying that 'if she is charged for breaking the law, its justice'.. nm... I'm not going to draw a conclusion from what you've said, or from your not answering the question... I'll just scratch my head on this for now.

10+ Year Old Account
    This case is odd. No kit? No DNA tests? Nothing besides the 'I said he did it' for the jury to mull over? This doesn't seem to add up. It's a very messy case and I don't think we have any better details ATM to fully judge what is going on.

Some comments in this thread are more fucked up than the article tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Than you underestimate lawyers, especially in situations where trivialities can make or break a case. As for your first statement, sexual matters are not allowed on these forums..... but no, there are other ways that someone can be raped.
    My point exactly. Facts should make or break a case, not someone's silver tongue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haarvald View Post
    Maybe I'm a little slow, I've read this several times and cant see where you've actually said if you are interested in 'justice' in this case or not, BUT, given your previous answer that nothing should happen to her, and you just saying that 'if she is charged for breaking the law, its justice'.. nm... I'm not going to draw a conclusion from what you've said, or from your not answering the question... I'll just scratch my head on this for now.
    Do you think that she should be charged for causing her father to be put in jail? Your answer (probably): yes.

Second question: What specific law is there for "I made him go to jail on false rape allegations?" What specific law did she violate?

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    She would have had to have committed a crime to be a criminal.

As she was too young to be sworn in, she didn't commit perjury.
    I'd have to disagree with you there, you dont know if she was sworn in or not, meaning you cant exonerate her of perjury. and I'll redirect you to the OP and suggest you actually READ it where it SAID quite clearly that she admitted to lying about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    My point exactly. Facts should make or break a case, not someone's silver tongue.
    Than there is much you have yet to learn about the current legal system.

The institution of a system where someone maintaining their exact story is necessary to prevent being charged with perjury is exactly what makes effective lawyers so potent.

Do you think that she should be charged for causing her father to be put in jail? Your answer (probably): yes.

Second question: What specific law is there for "I made him go to jail on false rape allegations?" What specific law did she violate?
    Now you are being intentionally obstinate... but thats okay, you appear to know plenty about the law, and if you are willing to carefully craft your 2nd question as you did then you know damn well what laws are in play here and I'm not going to hold your hand thru a trip thru Black's and point out every little thing for you.

I'll answer you as nebulously and vague as you... If thru malice, coaching from a 3rd party, or any other reason she made false statements that lead to the charging and/or conviction of another that deprived them of their liberty, and/or property, and placed them in dangerous situations for extended periods of time, then they should have to answer for that.

You know if you can't even tell him what law you're accusing her of breaking...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haarvald View Post
    Now you are being intentionally obstinate... but thats okay, you appear to know plenty about the law, and if you are willing to carefully craft your 2nd question as you did then you know damn well what laws are in play here and I'm not going to hold your hand thru a trip thru Black's and point out every little thing for you.

I'll answer you as nebulously and vague as you... If thru malice, coaching from a 3rd party, or any other reason she made false statements that lead to the charging and/or conviction of another that deprived them of their liberty, and/or property, and placed them in dangerous situations for extended periods of time, then they should have to answer for that.
    What specific law is that? Name of the law.

You said you didn't understand my point so I'm walking you through it from start to finish.

If an 11 y/o murders someone are they not punished? 9 years in prison is 6 years short of a "life" sentence in the US... She literally took a decade off a mans life and changed the way he will live til he dies(if he ever enjoys life the same again). Sorry rope it anyway you choose she deserves some form of punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    You know why we have a statute of limitations right?
    And yet, for many crimes we don't have one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by overclockedamd View Post
    If an 11 y/o murders someone are they not punished? 9 years in prison is 6 years short of a "life" sentence in the US... She literally took a decade off a mans life and changed the way he will live til he dies(if he ever enjoys life the same again). Sorry rope it anyway you choose she deserves some form of punishment.
    There is no statute of limitation for murder in the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I thought it was only murder.... at least in the US. But I could very well be wrong there

You know if you can't even tell him what law you're accusing her of breaking...
    I'll say this, I hope that you, and those that support your position, NEVER ever have to face 1/2 of the trauma, drama, and abuse that this man went thru. and I hope that you are never falsely incarcerated on child rape charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Actually pretty much the only one we don't have one for is murder.

So if a man rapes a woman, and she attempts to charge him with rape, but there isn't enough evidence and the case falls through.. on top of being raped and losing the case, she gets charged for perjury?
    No. Proving perjury involves proving the party in question was willfully distorting the truth. Wanetta Gibson is guilty of perjury but remains uncharged.

Actually pretty much the only one we don't have one for is murder.
    And yet a perjury charge in this case would have been really fucking easy to prove, due to the court transcripts. Statute of limitations is meant to protect the rights of the defendant from degraded evidence. Kinda hard to be degraded when it's certified transcripts kept by the state.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    No. Proving perjury involves proving the party in question was willfully distorting the truth. Wanetta Gibson is guilty of perjury but remains uncharged.
    Laize, go back through the conversation and see the situation I was responding to before you comment on it..