Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icyy View Post
    Was used twice during the fight. They knew that it worked.
    Actually it was used several times from what i see on Krip's clip. Look at the bosse's HP bar when it randomly goes from like 25ish % to 40+ in one burst. On several attempts and even on the start of the raid they ask if this works. Its clearly an exploit, but again, its possible that they wont get banned, and who actually cares, its not like they will actually kill Sha after this, atleast not if HAD to resort 100% to this on this boss. So yeah meh, its whatever tbh, i dont even really care that they exploited, what annoys me is the people saying that this is not an exploit. Its pretty retarded.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Actually it was used several times from what i see on Krip's clip. Look at the bosse's HP bar when it randomly goes from like 25ish % to 40+ in one burst. On several attempts and even on the start of the raid they ask if this works. Its clearly an exploit, but again, its possible that they wont get banned, and who actually cares, its not like they will actually kill Sha after this, atleast not if HAD to resort 100% to this on this boss. So yeah meh, its whatever tbh, i dont even really care that they exploited, what annoys me is the people saying that this is not an exploit. Its pretty retarded.
    I wasn't watching the attempts and I am not gunna sit here and say its intended and not shadey to knowingly base your start around it and in the end its up to blizzard to decide weather is an exploit and ban them or just say it was another cleaver use of game mechanics and be done with it
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Blizzard programming team is full of fail. How could they miss this when they literally fixed Rallying Cry + Unholy Frenzy 3 days ago? AFAIK Valithria Dreamwalker didn't have any of these bugs, so Blizzard obviously had experience with the heal friendly NPC type boss mechanic.
    Last edited by NeverStop; 2012-11-24 at 09:22 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    So I guess the person who asked what happend was just fakeing it? unlikly
    The different to Rallying Cry + Unholy Frenzy with Ursocs Might is that you've to intentionally wear the 4pc bonus to get it working. So every raid who did it was fully aware of it. Read the ToS regarding exploiting bugs.

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 10:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Blizzard programming team is full of fail. How could they miss this when they literally fixed Rallying Cry + Unholy Frenzy 3 days ago? AFAIK Valithria Dreamwalker didn't have any of these bugs, so Blizzard obviously had experience with the heal friendly NPC type boss mechanic.
    Probably they're just humans... just a theory. During Valithria this skills/4pc bonus didnt exist or they werent % increases.
    Last edited by mmoc59b5827c7e; 2012-11-24 at 09:25 AM.

Same old shit, different name. not exploiting.

Its always the people who cannot reach the boss that gets butthurt over these things, in 1 month everything will be nerfed and you can go in an cheat the same way. Gl hf
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 2012-11-24 at 09:29 AM.

I'm sure it'll be hotfixed just like rallying cry and unholy frenzy were.

Anyone who thinks it's intended is deluding themselves.

It is pretty simple, do you believe that the boss fight was supposed to finish at 70% or did the encounter designers intend for him to be healed fully?

Blizzard will view this as an exploit and fix it. Weather they hand out bans is another story.

Blizz fail. They should have figured out before. Idiots. It's definitely not an exploit.

No one will be banned for this, its funny how you think this is any different from when warlocks could soulstone people outside of raid, It is as much "clever use" of mechanics as this is, sure its exploit, but the people in here whining about it, are the ones that have NEVER killed anything prenerf. Doesnt make alot of sense, they can just wait till they nerf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    Blizz fail. They should have figured out before. Idiots. It's definitely not an exploit.
    This is hilarious, thats like saying; I left my front door open by accident but you came in while i was away and robed from me. Sure in part is my fault for letting the door open, but that doesn't make you robbing from me any less wrong. Its an exploit, keep saying it isn't, its rather entraining. And again, i really could care less if they do something to the guild or not, like at all. Its just pretty hilarious seeing ppl defend something that was clearly not intended

So how do you define an exploit? Any clever strategies that use an in-game mechanic?

You're supposed to heal the boss during the day phase. They used a set-bonus that does percentage based healing. I doubt Blizzard ever intended for that set bonus to be used on that fight in the way it was, but Midwinter didn't abuse something that was broken and doing something that it wasn't supposed to like using Saronite bombs to spawn the Lich King's platform or tanking a boss in a specific spot to avoid having to do any mechanics of the fight.

Is using any hot that snapshots your current healing also an exploit to you? Is using execution sentence while you have both increased healing buffs an exploit? Is using GoAK to double healing output while I have both buffs an exploit? Is potting so I can heal more an exploit? What if I crusader strike an add for more holy power so I can do more healing? Is that an exploit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a game mechanic that they are using smartly - blizzard's own fault that they built the fight to allow it.

People are always so fast to flame something just because they think it's an exploit.

This is hilarious, thats like saying; I left my front door open by accident but you came in while i was away and robed from me. Sure in part is my fault for letting the door open, but that doesn't make you robbing from me any less wrong. Its an exploit, keep saying it isn't, its rather entraining. And again, i really could care less if they do something to the guild or not, like at all. Its just pretty hilarious seeing ppl defend something that was clearly not intended
    You are not very smart are you, if that happens you have insurance, wich would after youve let your door standing open, woulndt give you back shit, you just killed your own argument ? Clearly not intended

Blizzard caused this, nothing will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Iracor View Post
    So how do you define an exploit? Any clever strategies that use an in-game mechanic?

You're supposed to heal the boss during the day phase. They used a set-bonus that does percentage based healing. I doubt Blizzard ever intended for that set bonus to be used on that fight in the way it was, but Midwinter didn't abuse something that was broken and doing something that it wasn't supposed to like using Saronite bombs to spawn the Lich King's platform or tanking a boss in a specific spot to avoid having to do any mechanics of the fight.

Is using any hot that snapshots your current healing also an exploit to you? Is using execution sentence while you have both increased healing buffs an exploit? Is using GoAK to double healing output while I have both buffs an exploit? Is potting so I can heal more an exploit? What if I crusader strike an add for more holy power so I can do more healing? Is that an exploit?
    You just contradicted yourself in the point you tried to make with the Lich King comment. By your logic, Saronite Bombs are in the game, they have been noted to do regular damage and "siege damage". By your logic there was a platform in that encounter that was susceptible to siege damage, and they used an item that was in the game. You are seriously disillusion if you think this wasn't an exploit. They should be banned just like other guilds have been in the past for things like this. It was actually nice when Blizzard cracked down on the LFR exploit that many top guilds were using. Just because I may have less progression than them; that doesn't mean my opinion is any less credible. I pay the same amount of money as them for this game.

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 09:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    You are not very smart are you, if that happens you have insurance, wich would after youve let your door standing open, woulndt give you back shit, you just killed your own argument ? Clearly not intended

By your logic, any error in the game has been caused by Blizzard. That means that all the bans in the past wouldn't have happened. That isn't the case though.

Deleted
    Iam astounded by the stupendous amount of butthurt from certain forum-members in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account

Way to completely miss the point by replaying with Insurance bullshit, good job.

By your logic, any error in the game has been caused by Blizzard. That means that all the bans in the past wouldn't have happened. That isn't the case though.
    You do not think blizzard forgetting about old tier, and setbonuses, when they are removing other effects that could have done the same as the one described in op post ?

They oversaw quite a few things that can be abused on the fight, if thats not blizzards fault....

My logic is fine btw ^^

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 10:52 AM ----------

Way to completely miss the point by replaying with Insurance bullshit, good job.
    missed the point ? how about using some argument that doesnt come back and hit you in the face because you werent creative enough to come up with something else.

Go kill something prenerf and come whine afterwards, maybe you are lucky and they have not removed this "exploit" from tsulong, and you will receive your first prenerf kill. go get em
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 2012-11-24 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by snegro View Post
    They used a healing ability on a boss you have to heal.
    They cheesed the fight with old gear to abuse a set bonus that shouldn't ave seen the light of day in there. If this isn't an exploit I don't see how so many of the things ppl got nailed on by Blizzard could have been.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

4 set doesn't heal, it is a % increase to health, The boss "Dies" when he reaches a certain %. That set bonus pushes his health up, he cancles buff, his health goes to 100% BEFORE the health gained from the 4 set is removed. Cheesing the fight.

Deleted
    You do not think blizzard forgetting about old tier, and setbonuses, when they are removing other effects that could have done the same as the one described in op post ?

They oversaw quite a few things that can be abused on the fight, if thats not blizzards fault....

My logic is fine btw ^^

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 10:52 AM ----------

missed the point ? how about using some argument that doesnt come back and hit you in the face because you werent creative enough to come up with something else.

Go kill something prenerf and come whine afterwards, maybe you are lucky and they have not removed this "exploit" from tsulong, and you will receive your first prenerf kill. go get em
    I think most people in this thread agree that you're living in your own world, where ToS dont exist. Keep up your fantasy, might help ya if you arrive in the real world.