Need help with Photo. Picture looks really "pixy". Proffessionals please

So i were out taking some pictures with a PENTAX K100D Super in 6 million pixel. The result became really wierd. You can't zoom in without seeing every little pixel in the picture and the picture really doesn't look like 6 million pixels even if it says it's 2000 x 3008.

I'm kinda new to photography, but can anyone experienced tell me why the result looks so poor?

Here is the link to some of the pics i took (not 2000x3000 resulution but i think you can see in the pictures what i mean with "pixly")

http://imgur.com/wjEg2,9fMM1,P1wQ8,WxQI7#0

Just blur it with Instagram like real photographers.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that's "grainy", and not "pixely" - no matter how many megapixels your camera has, it still needs good light to turn out good pictures. If you have a fast exposure (the amount of time that the shutter is open), the picture will become grainy if it's dark outside (or inside). A longer exposure time will fix this. You can also adjust the aperture to have a shorter depth of focus. If you're taking a picture of something that's alive, or moving somehow, you will need a short exposure time to make the picture sharp. You then either have to have a very short depth of focus, or extra lighting, like a flash.

I'm not sure I'm making much sense but... For that specific picture, you could have gotten a better one using a longer exposure, perhaps with a tripod.
    When someone asks, “What is best in life?” there’s only one answer: “To crush the newbs, see them driven before me, and read their lamentations on the forums” - Lylirra

Quote Originally Posted by Yavannie View Post
    I think that's "grainy", and not "pixely" - no matter how many megapixels your camera has, it still needs good light to turn out good pictures. If you have a fast exposure (the amount of time that the shutter is open), the picture will become grainy if it's dark outside (or inside). A longer exposure time will fix this. You can also adjust the aperture to have a shorter depth of focus. If you're taking a picture of something that's alive, or moving somehow, you will need a short exposure time to make the picture sharp. You then either have to have a very short depth of focus, or extra lighting, like a flash.

I'm not sure I'm making much sense but... For that specific picture, you could have gotten a better one using a longer exposure, perhaps with a tripod.
    Yeah i know what you mean, though i don't have any tripod and i'm a bit shaky on the hand, so i had the exposition time on 1/90 sec and f/13, with 3200 ISO.

Quote Originally Posted by Flagobha View Post
    Yeah i know what you mean, though i don't have any tripod and i'm a bit shaky on the hand, so i had the exposition time on 1/90 sec and f/13, with 3200 ISO.
    I would invest in a tripod.

the 3200 ISO is why it was so grainy. You are outside, taking a picture, get the f/stop higher (22) and make the ISO lower. Higher ISO = more grain, Lower ISO = less grain. You can get a clear shot even handheld at 1/60. That will help you get more light so you can make the ISO lower. Ideally outside you're 800 or less.

Here is a picture indoors of my son at almost 7 weeks old, using no flash, I think my ISO was around 1600 or so, and at F/4. http://i.imgur.com/7EmlR.jpg
    Last edited by Symphonic; 2012-11-24 at 08:06 PM.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    the 3200 ISO is why it was so grainy. You are outside, taking a picture, get the f/stop higher (22) and make the ISO lower. Higher ISO = more grain, Lower ISO = less grain. You can get a clear shot even handheld at 1/60. That will help you get more light so you can make the ISO lower. Ideally outside you're 800 or less.

Here is a picture indoors of my son at almost 7 weeks old, using no flash, I think my ISO was around 1600 or so, and at F/4. http://i.imgur.com/7EmlR.jpg
    That can't be your son, that's obviously the Pope.

Quote Originally Posted by Creotor View Post
    That can't be your son, that's obviously the Pope.
    Lol. Thanks. He is super cute, isn't he?
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Just looks grainy to me, similar to using 1600 or 3200 speed regular film (...yeah I'm that old). Check the settings on the camera. Sometimes, given your artistic preference, that is desired. Especially in black and white photography.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xSoulx View Post
    I would invest in a tripod.
    This seems the best advice. If you go to a bit of extra expense to get quality photos when choosing a camera, go a bit further and get a good tripod as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette of Seraphim View Post
    Just blur it with Instagram like real photographers.

You owe me 800 dollars for making me spill my coffee all over my notebook.