Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirri View Post
    Sha of Fear drops 509 iLvl gear. And i have completely no idea how you came to conclude that drops from boss = gear requirements.
    509?? It should be on the same lvl as Will and Grand Empress, dammit I had hopes this boss will survive the reset.

Quote Originally Posted by nehunter View Post
    509?? It should be on the same lvl as Will and Grand Empress, dammit I had hopes this boss will survive the reset.
    Grand Empress drops 509 iLvl gear as well ..
    Do you even .. nevermind.

HoF and TotES drop higher iLvl loot compared to MSV

@Mirri Well I thought being the end-boss of this tier Sha of Fear and top guilds coming from so many HC clears, it would make more sense for it to be tuned for 516 gear, so didn't bothered to check.
    And I meant Sha should be at the same lvl of difficulty with Grand Empress, sorry I see now it was ambiguous.

@Mirri Well I thought being the end-boss of this tier Sha of Fear and top guilds coming from so many HC clears, it would make more sense for it to be tuned for 516 gear, so didn't bothered to check.
    And I meant Sha should be at the same lvl of difficulty with Grand Empress, sorry I see now it was ambiguous.
    Sha of Fear is the end boss of this tier, MSV is the entry level raid, then you progress into Heart of Fear, and in fact, you CANNOT enter Terrace(Normal) without having Empress killed on Normal mode. And after you kill Empress, Sha of Fear appears in front of you and wants you to fight him in Terrace.

:Mirri Well I thought being the end-boss of this tier Sha of Fear and top guilds coming from so many HC clears, it would make more sense for it to be tuned for 516 gear, so didn't bothered to check.
    You can't have Sha of Fear be tuned for 516 iLvl when no-one in the world can be at 516 iLvl. Anyway tuning is for Blizzard to decide and they will make adjustments if those are needed. And why should Sha of Fear be the same lvl of difficulty as Grand Empress. Care to explain your reasoning? I would think Sha should be indeed harder since its the last boss of the tier.

I made such a mess.

All I wanted was to compare Sha of Fear with Ragnaros.

And regarding iLvl, I make the assumption that bosses are tuned for 7-13 iLvl below what they drop, depending on how may bosses you can kill before fighting them. It's not a perfect assumption, I agree.

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 10:26 PM ----------

There are random exceptions to this rule, like Atramedes; BoT Council > Cho'gall; Baleroc, Beth> Majordorm; Deathwhisper; HoF Imperial pre-nerf. But in most cases the rule holds.
    Last edited by nehunter; 2012-11-24 at 10:29 PM.

Deleted
    Anyone know if Midwinter got rolled back after their Tsulong kill ?

Quote Originally Posted by Halaberiel View Post
    Anyone know if Midwinter got rolled back after their Tsulong kill ?
    For using the same strat as 90% of the other 2/4+ guilds? Doubt it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snegro View Post
    For using the same strat as 90% of the other 2/4+ guilds? Doubt it.
    Sorry but where do you have that "90%" from?

Sha of Fear is brutal. I mean... WoW it's brutal. Speaking as someone who's seen the fight. Holy mother of God. You can only take 4 healers, and most of the time 3 of the healers are busy fighting the platforms leaving 1 healer to heal the entire raid damage and tank damage at Sha's normal platform. Holy mother of God this fight. It's on par, if not harder, than pre-nerf M'uru.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    Sorry but where do you have that "90%" from?
    Before the RC / UF hotfix you had warrior's doing the exact same things Druids with 4 pc Guardian (from DS) were doing, and DKs were doing 500k - 1 mil DPS with UF, where UF would remove 30% of Tsulong's hp. Not intended in any way. I think most guilds exploited Tsulong in some way.
    Last edited by HamSandwichFace; 2012-11-24 at 11:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HamSandwichFace View Post
    Sha of Fear is brutal. I mean... WoW it's brutal. Speaking as someone who's seen the fight. Holy mother of God. You can only take 4 healers, and most of the time 3 of the healers are busy fighting the platforms leaving 1 healer to heal the entire raid damage and tank damage at Sha's normal platform. Holy mother of God this fight. It's on par, if not harder, than pre-nerf M'uru.

Before the RC / UF hotfix you had warrior's doing the exact same things Druids with 4 pc Guardian (from DS) were doing, and DKs were doing 500k - 1 mil DPS with UF, where UF would remove 30% of Tsulong's hp. Not intended in any way. I think most guilds exploited Tsulong in some way.
    I only know 2 guilds who did it out of 16 kills (25man) who did it doesn't really matter (Apex isn't one of them) I do know how most of the guild who killed it did it, don't know if only 2 did it, but at least 10 others didn't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is it a fight that can be overcome with enough execution and skill? Or is it just ridiculously tuned and/or tuned to be 'impossible' with current gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Is it a fight that can be overcome with enough execution and skill? Or is it just ridiculously tuned and/or tuned to be 'impossible' with current gear?
    Our best attempt is 70%, everything requires execution. The platform (where you fight the mini bosses) require so much precision. The damage is really high. I don't think Mistweavers are especially good here, 2 Paladins, 1 Shaman and 1 Disc IMO.

Our best attempt is 70%, everything requires execution. The platform (where you fight the mini bosses) require so much precision. The damage is really high. I don't think Mistweavers are especially good here, 2 Paladins, 1 Shaman and 1 Disc IMO.
    Ouch.. gd luck with your attempts. You might find phase 2 even harder than phase 1.

Ouch.. gd luck with your attempts. You might find phase 2 even harder than phase 1.
    It is harder. Lei's Hope is there to act as a "congratulations, now you have an actual chance of doing the fight." I can't see the boss going down this week at all, it's far to difficult (from what I can see). I think it might even stay alive next week too, especially if the adds got fixed. For people unaware, the hotfix basically stopped the adds evading after a certain number of passes (of the Light buff) and also actually made them do their AoE damage.

Deleted
    i hope it's blood legion or method, cba paragon, heard enough of them already

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can't have Sha of Fear be tuned for 516 iLvl when no-one in the world can be at 516 iLvl. Anyway tuning is for Blizzard to decide and they will make adjustments if those are needed. And why should Sha of Fear be the same lvl of difficulty as Grand Empress. Care to explain your reasoning? I would think Sha should be indeed harder since its the last boss of the tier.

Actually you can be (very close at least) with item level upgrade system. Which does not mean it is tuned that high

What is your guild by the way? Just wondering