Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vishiz View Post
    bitch about zones being dead for years, zones are now alive, time to quit, typical wow player.
    Its annoying when you have raids from 4 servers attacking a main city. Or when your in Wpvp, and the player abuses the server threshold, and uses it to escape. IMO its the worst fucking idea since guild lvling system, but I won't quit because of it.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

CRZ is a badly implemented corporate plan. If you want to quit over it then quit over the idea behind its existence

Blizzard were not allowed to do it the right way by shutting down servers because that would give bad public press, and then the stockholders would not get enough revenue.

They needed a way to solve the low population problem without losing face. That's where the CRZ came into a play. They made a conscious choice to put the demands of some pompous stockholders over the enjoyment of their customers.

That's why you should quit over it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Anyone remember when CRZ first went live? There were MASSIVE battles in areas like the Hellfire portal, STV, Halaa, all the old suspects. Halaa especially was amazing, you could actually get your Talbuk legitimately for the first time since BC! Man that was cool.
    Yeah dude that was totally awesome I was in this alliance raid and the horde also had a raid we did some PvP, people flying away etcetera, then suddenly we disappeared and were transfered to another CRZ where nobody was. Then we went to Halaa, no horde there. A few of us decided to go to another horde village in Nagrand to kill some mobs. Nothing happened, people left or returned to Halaa which was alliance dominated (no horde ever came, maybe 1 scout or something). Eventually a horde group of 5 players came to own the 2 of us after a long battle. It was awesome, the best hour of my life!! NOT. It was fucking boring, that is what it was. There would be more action in a random BG of Arathi Basin.

Then the pet battle bugs where you're not phased or put out of phasing.

Also the rare mobs I am hunting I surely won't get ever since this stupid feature has gone live.

Deleted
    They won't be quitting over this. If they do quit, it just means they were already bored as fuck with the game and the CRZ was the last straw.

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 04:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by galileoacosta View Post
    good riddance, i sayno one will miss em, i love CRZ
    Yes, losing even more players is such a good thing to happen in an MMO.

Deleted
    The impossible just happened. Thanks to the realm instability I was able to get TLPD spawn. However I was tabbed out while it happened. Once I found it (SW spawn) I managed to kite it but dismounted wrong and did not kill it. I ressed, and a level 90 from same faction but other realm was standing next to the dead body. Yeah, I know, it was stupid to dismount wrong but if it were not for CRZ I would've had it because my realm is dead as silence through the wind. Seriously, fuck CRZ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    The impossible just happened. Thanks to the realm instability I was able to get TLPD spawn. However I was tabbed out while it happened. Once I found it (SW spawn) I managed to kite it but dismounted wrong and did not kill it. I ressed, and a level 90 from same faction but other realm was standing next to the dead body. Yeah, I know, it was stupid to dismount wrong but if it were not for CRZ I would've had it because my realm is dead as silence through the wind. Seriously, fuck CRZ.
    My feelings are with you. But......
    If you were on your realms zone, chances are he wouldn't have been there... TLPD I mean.. he could have, or he could not have.

In case you do pet battle stuff, you would know that.
    You take the FP to a zone where you need a rare spawn pet. You fly there, and on your way there you see plenty of it on your tracker. The moment you land, POOF. they are gone. You arrived in CRZ.... The pets you saw you seen on your own realms zone. But now, after you landed, you are not in your realm anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    My feelings are with you. But......
    If you were on your realms zone, chances are he wouldn't have been there... TLPD I mean.. he could have, or he could not have.

In case you do pet battle stuff, you would know that.
    You take the FP to a zone where you need a rare spawn pet. You fly there, and on your way there you see plenty of it on your tracker. The moment you land, POOF. they are gone. You arrived in CRZ.... The pets you saw you seen on your own realms zone. But now, after you landed, you are not in your realm anymore.
    Of course the RNG would've been different that much is guaranteed because the spawn chance is very low and the chance it would've spawned on my realm at the very same moment it spawned on this CRZ is very, very low. Heck perhaps the realm crashed again while I was looking to kill it. However the spawn rate is same CRZ as it was on realm, I was on the CRZ, and the spawn was really there. I had aggro on him, I kited him. I even dotted him. But I fell down while doing so.

I've been camping the spot regularly. I do sometimes do a dungeon or BG that much is true, but I hardly ever see anyone else around. And then during my corpserun this tauren DK from a high pop realm is there.

PS: Dalaran is on same CRZ as The Storm Peaks. If you see TLPD, it is there. Period.
    Last edited by mmoc41a7fbf474; 2012-11-24 at 05:46 PM.

What makes you think you were on your realm? You could have been on the other guy's realm. Also grow up. It isn't your mob until you tag it and kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Jim View Post
    They won't be quitting over this. If they do quit, it just means they were already bored as fuck with the game and the CRZ was the last straw.

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 04:06 PM ----------

Yes, losing even more players is such a good thing to happen in an MMO.
    Actually that last sentence is now irrelevant with the future of open worlds across realms play...

Let's say in X years ... WoW would loose 90% of its players and you would have 200k players per region ...

In full cross server play that would mean 200k can play together in the open world ....

... That's 20 (!) times more people playing together than one single WoW server could ever hold....

And CRZ is just starting...

.... See? That's why you have to be an idiot if you want to whine about cross server play ...

It is the future of ALL MMORPG developments coming from Blizzard. Be that WoW or Titan.

Average mmo poster #1) "If you don't like it vote with your wallet"
    Average mmo poster #2) "I don't Like this im quiting"
    Average mmo poster #1 "LOL at all these babies quitting because they don't like it"

Hmmm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    What makes you think you were on your realm? You could have been on the other guy's realm. Also grow up. It isn't your mob until you tag it and kill it.
    I am not claiming at all it is "my" realm because I understand how CRZ works.

"My" realm is now simply Orgrimmar, Stormwind, and Pandaria. That's it. All other zones are clusters.

Ie. Cluster A, Cluster B, Cluster C, et al.

Cluster A: Realm A, B, C, D, E, F, G.
    Cluster B: Realm H, I, J, K, L, M, N.
    Cluster C: ...

Realm G = my realm, very low pop.
    Realm D = my competitors realm, a high pop realm.

Both variables are truthful to the situation as described.

If person from Realm G gets TLPD spawn the chance he'd have competition is simply lower (also since it was like that before CRZ) than person from realm D who is on high pop realm means more competition.

I never claimed the mob was "mine". I don't hate the person who took killed the mob and got the mount. On the contrary, I congratulate them (did not express, but I do). I am angry at myself for failing, and at the system because the thing I hated in theory has happened to me in practice. Had TLPD been spawned pre-CRZ I'd have gotten it even if I failed first attack because of lack of competition.

Deleted
    ive had no problem with CRZ, and ive leveled to characters from 1-85 so far since mop, its made it a bit more interesting, in cata it felt like a single player game leveling up, never saw another player, now i see lots while questing at low levels, i dont understand all the hate for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Actually that last sentence is now irrelevant with the future of open worlds across realms play...

Let's say in X years ... WoW would loose 90% of its players and you would have 200k players per region ...

In full cross server play that would mean 200k can play together in the open world ....

... That's 20 (!) times more people playing together than one single WoW server could ever hold....

And CRZ is just starting...

.... See? That's why you have to be an idiot if you want to whine about cross server play ...

It is the future of ALL MMORPG developments coming from Blizzard. Be that WoW or Titan.
    CRZ = disturbing technology which changed people's realm choices. Previous choices were: realm you play, faction you play, friends you play with (IRL or virtual), the guild you're in, also the other guilds on the realm, the competition on AH, pve/pvp, rp or not. It is the complete package you roll on. Now added variable is everything CRZ brings. How is your CRZ cluster? Yes sure nothing is static, the world changes, but this is a revolution which happened over night and in order to adapt to it you got 4 choices: quit (vote with your wallet as someone said), accept it (eat the dogfood), reroll (costs time, cannot roll to a place w/o it), transfer (costs money, cannot roll to a place w/o it) which is a dilemma with only bad choices available for a significant potion of playerbase. This is very different from a game which has CRZ from start.

Deleted
    I don't see a problem at all. After MoP launched - sure, it was impossible to do a couple of quests in the Barrens. But right now I'm not experiencing any issues - just the opposite, it feels the same old way as I level alts.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    I'm laughing at the fact people are quitting over a feature that really makes zones more lively.
    Malls at midnight on Black Friday can be described as "lively." This doesn't make me want to be at a mall on Black Friday though. Crzs give many players that Black Friday at midnight feeling: the hassle just isn't worth the benefit.

Some players may enjoy Crz, but why would anyone laugh at other players having issues?

the only thing that pisses me off is the clusterfuck it is to level a gathering profession or just farming mats for lvling a profession.. i have to compete with a handful of players and bots from my own server, now i gotta compete with a handful of players/bots from 6 different servers.. if i wanted to farm on an extremely full server, id xfer to illidan. even then it wouldnt be as packed as crz makes it
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

you know what? I would normally never quit because of QRZ... but a lot of my friends did and so it somehow affects me as well. -.- I haven't locked into WoW for 2 weeks now.

Quote Originally Posted by Madmajix View Post
    Average mmo poster #1) "If you don't like it vote with your wallet"
    Average mmo poster #2) "I don't Like this im quiting"
    Average mmo poster #1 "LOL at all these babies quitting because they don't like it"

Hmmm.
    The problem is most of the people claiming to quit don't ever actually quit. We might take it a bit more seriously if it wasn't typically an empty threat.

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 08:50 PM ----------

I am not claiming at all it is "my" realm because I understand how CRZ works.

"My" realm is now simply Orgrimmar, Stormwind, and Pandaria. That's it. All other zones are clusters.

Ie. Cluster A, Cluster B, Cluster C, et al.

Cluster A: Realm A, B, C, D, E, F, G.
    Cluster B: Realm H, I, J, K, L, M, N.
    Cluster C: ...

Realm G = my realm, very low pop.
    Realm D = my competitors realm, a high pop realm.

Both variables are truthful to the situation as described.

If person from Realm G gets TLPD spawn the chance he'd have competition is simply lower (also since it was like that before CRZ) than person from realm D who is on high pop realm means more competition.

I never claimed the mob was "mine". I don't hate the person who took killed the mob and got the mount. On the contrary, I congratulate them (did not express, but I do). I am angry at myself for failing, and at the system because the thing I hated in theory has happened to me in practice. Had TLPD been spawned pre-CRZ I'd have gotten it even if I failed first attack because of lack of competition.
    If you truly understood how cross realm zones work you would understand not all zones are a part of it. In fact a good majority of them aren't. It is only the zones flagged by Blizzard manually as not having an appropriate amount of players. Either way the point remains Blizzard intended for there to be competition for things liike TLPD and it is entirely irrelevant who got it and which realm they are on. The mount is for you not your realm if you don't get the mount it shouldn't matter who did. So like I said, grow up.
    Last edited by xanzul; 2012-11-25 at 04:00 AM.

Keep throwing salt on Blizzards peeved off subscriber base.

Quote Originally Posted by SteakAndAlePie View Post
    you know what? I would normally never quit because of QRZ... but a lot of my friends did and so it somehow affects me as well. -.- I haven't logged into WoW for 2 weeks now.
    Know that feeling very well my mains guild in Cata 465 members ran 3 10 man raid teams, heroic core, normal core, signup for those we couldn't accomodate in the other two. Had anywhere from 8-18-35 on at any given time. 8 was usually holiday traffic.

Guilds dropped to 258 members and I hear on vent they are lucky if they have 3-4 people online most days and can't even field a guild raid anymore. Everyone of the 3 core raid teams had access to the beta, they never came back.

Now the remainder of the guild are discussing a chapter house in another game.

Keep lol'ing, I'm sure Bliz will be so happy come their 4th quarter results.

p.s. never made 25 mans, GM just didn't want to deal with trying to co-ordinate it.
    Last edited by Tharn; 2012-11-25 at 03:55 AM.

CRZ = disturbing technology which changed people's realm choices. Previous choices were: realm you play, faction you play, friends you play with (IRL or virtual), the guild you're in, also the other guilds on the realm, the competition on AH, pve/pvp, rp or not. It is the complete package you roll on. Now added variable is everything CRZ brings. How is your CRZ cluster? Yes sure nothing is static, the world changes, but this is a revolution which happened over night and in order to adapt to it you got 4 choices: quit (vote with your wallet as someone said), accept it (eat the dogfood), reroll (costs time, cannot roll to a place w/o it), transfer (costs money, cannot roll to a place w/o it) which is a dilemma with only bad choices available for a significant potion of playerbase. This is very different from a game which has CRZ from start.
    The problem is you have never ever at any point whatsoever had a choice in who plays around you. You could zip zap from realm to realm to realm to avoid people but the fact is Blizzard wants zones to be active and filled with people. Don't like it? You are playing the wrong game and most definitely have the wrong menality to be in any online community. It isn't always about you and only you and nothing else.

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 08:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by adorich View Post
    Malls at midnight on Black Friday can be described as "lively." This doesn't make me want to be at a mall on Black Friday though. Crzs give many players that Black Friday at midnight feeling: the hassle just isn't worth the benefit.

Some players may enjoy Crz, but why would anyone laugh at other players having issues?
    And yet malls were intended to serve a certain capacity of people whether you like it or not. The same goes for zones in this game. Blizzard didn't intend on allowing zones to be empty and for players to have free reign over all the resources and quest mobs they desire with absolutely zero competition.

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 08:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    the only thing that pisses me off is the clusterfuck it is to level a gathering profession or just farming mats for lvling a profession.. i have to compete with a handful of players and bots from my own server, now i gotta compete with a handful of players/bots from 6 different servers.. if i wanted to farm on an extremely full server, id xfer to illidan. even then it wouldnt be as packed as crz makes it
    Again zones were built from the ground up for that amount of players. You aren't supposed to get every ore and herb in the zone with zero competition. I'm sorry but this isn't a legitimate complaint. There is a case to be made that maybe the number of people should be adjusted but to pretend this isn't intentional just stifles honest discussion and derails it.
    Last edited by xanzul; 2012-11-25 at 03:59 AM.