Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    If you mean do I play my alts? Yes, I do, but not to the degree I did back in cata, I just honestly cant be f'd to do the reps all over again.
    I have two alts, one main. One of my alts has done 0 dailiies, grinded only as much rep as I got on the way to level 90 (honored with Klaxxi due to questing in Dread Wastes from 89 to 90), has been doing LFR since day one and now has about 475 ilvl. Only hit 90 on him exactly two weeks ago.

The reps are not necessary. It's still really fast and easy to gear up an alt. If you aren't willing to PvP / spend some gold though, well, tough luck.

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 01:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Once we get 5.1 I'm sure there will be either quests/scenarios or something that makes getting 470 ilevel on a fresh 90 pretty easy
    It's already pretty easy. I just did it on my last 90, hit level 90 on a Saturday, raided MSV LFR that same day. It took me until the following Tuesday to hit 470 ilvl and start doing HoF LFR. I was a bit disappointed that I was unable to do HoF LFR during the first week that he was 90 but grinding reps and doing dailies would not have helped me out there anyway.

I've always been an altoholic. 17 85s at the end of Cata, none was a "main". However, my monk is definitely my main now and still my only 90. Not sure how many of those 85s are going to make it to 90...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    If you mean do I play my alts? Yes, I do, but not to the degree I did back in cata, I just honestly cant be f'd to do the reps all over again.
    Tend to have the same view here. Just can't stand to redo dailies over and over for different toons.

10+ Year Old Account
    yep i still am for sure but i dont do dailies on all of them

Meh...I'm taking my bloody time getting my alt toons to 90....there really isn't much endgame I want to do with them other than raiding, and running the shit out of LFR all the time would drive me batshit and make me enjoy raiding less. I mainly use my alts for professions.

I still really enjoy the raiding (as in normal/heroic) but I've kind of gotten out of my altoholic craze I've had since mid-TBC...while I have 2 other 90s I really don't use them (though I may eventually gear them up a bit more so I have a little flexibility to offer the guild). Really doesn't have anything to do with dailies, I just don't care enough atm to dump a lot of time into alts like I used to.

Well my main raids, and I've got a few other alt 90's, but there isn't much else to do, so I'm slowly working on getting one of those alts more raid friendly. Maybe I'll level a few more alts, but IDK, my main does all of the stuff, so there isn't anything else to do.

Deleted
    No I only like my resto shaman still, stopped playing all other toons.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've found three, maybe four, toons is a good number for me. My main (ele shammy) is 90 and is the toon I raid with, grind rep for, farm the most with, etc. But I love my aff lock and spriest as well and play them a good amount too, focusing on farming and other things... and I'll probably start playing my original main (mage) soon too - love the variety of play styles though I only enjoy casters and dps... a balance druid is the only caster that really hasn't 'grabbed me' - I've one at lvl 45 but not sure I'll lvl him anymore unless they fix some of the problems they have.

Deleted
    Got 5 warriors lvl 90. I don't know why, i think im warrioholic.

Yep still an Altoholic and I hate it lol. I have 5 level 90's, 89 spriest (for double agent achievement), 88 mage, 85 pally, 80 druid, 70 Rogue, 62 Monk and my level 1 bank alt (he does an important job so he counts too :P)

You aren't the only one, I can't play the same character for 7-8 years.

I just got the Quintessential Quintet (five 90s) achievement last week, and I am already working on my sixth 90
    It will be my final 90 (I promise!), because I have gotten bored as hell slogging through all the same quests again! I have almost done them to the point of memorizing them.

Sometimes I feel like I am lagging too much behind in progression compared to my others in my guild (have not yet raided or PVP'ed on any of my toons, but my guild is fairly casual).
    My main focus right now once I finish my sixth 90, is to finish maxing the remaining professions (skinning, leatherworking, tailoring) to get Master of All achievement, and hopefully earn a bit of money in the process.

I have a "Raiding Main" and a "Everyday Main." An Elemental Shaman and a Mistweaver Monk. I honestly want to have a level 90 of each class and I'm pushing a bit here or there but I'm prone to "phases" and healing and DoT DPS is currently my thing so I'm having issues with even logging into some of my alts.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Never really was one, aside from complete boredom.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll get on my alts if I just get tired of playing on my druid. There's something about seeing the gold surround me when I ding... But yeah, I'd call myself an altaholic.
    There has been an awakening... Have you felt it?

Deleted
    Never been an altoholic even got 1 90 only lol

Resto/Guardian Druid main

Prot/Arms Warrior alt

then a bunch of 85 profession alts that I'll never touch again due to how meh leveling gets after Jade Forest. MoH drops seem to be better than release week but still can't be arsed to level them.

Deleted
    Well i do play my alts still, but not as much compared to other expansions. Doing the dailies only on my main.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well not at the moment, I might do more alts when they gain flying earlier, but for now I'm not rushing it. Normally I would have had 4-5 max toons by now, at the moment I am at 2 and feel no urge to do another yet.

Not doing rep grinds anyway really on main so even less on alts, that won't be a problem

10+ Year Old Account
    Not only do I have an 85+ of every class, but I continually roll and delete characters all the time. Or I'll get one to a specific level that I enjoy, and twink them (for PvE). I have 4 accounts now, started up my fourth with MoP's release, to hold all of my characters. I only play on one server, btw.

As far as my 85+'s go, I bounce around all the time. Just depends on what I feel like playing. That's the great thing about having alts, if I get bored of one character or class, I can just go play another :-)

90s: Warlock, Paladin, Death Knight, Hunter, Shaman, Priest

86+: Druid (86), Mage (89)

85: Rogue, Monk, Warrior
    Last edited by endersblade; 2012-11-26 at 10:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.