Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Episode of Sanctum Going Live Now

9pm PST, Gamebreaker's The Sanctum will be streaming another new ep.

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/live/

(You might have to disable your adblocker, I was having problems seeing anything.)

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can't find the video footage now..... :<
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

twitch .tv/gamebreakertv/b/342480013 -stars at about 1 hour 15 mins

listening to it now.
    Last edited by Ragefit; 2012-11-24 at 01:21 PM.

Used to watch this show, before it got cancelled and the lame reason they came up with for cancelling the show, not enough updates..... Afaik Rift is the only MMO thats put out 12 major updates in 1.5 yrs, so its total BS lol.

I am pretty sure that wasn't the exact reason why the Sanctum was cancelled. It was the lack of news to generate interesting discussion around. Yea, Rift had a lot of updates but there wasn't much controversial or exciting. Nor does the game have the cultural impact to keep a lively show going such as World of Warcraft.

Rift news is just not... exciting.

"There was a patch!"
    "Stuff was working mostly as intended!
    "Trion hotfixed the unintended stuff a hour later!"
    "Trion, too good."

It's just business as usua with Riftl. And really can't spin a change to Fan Out in Rift update #1957216 into the same 40~ min discussion that a change to Protection Warrior's Charge skill does on Legendary. Rift doesn't have that sort of cultural cache of Warcraft, controversy of SWTOR or popular momentum of Guild Wars 2.

Truthfully, it's not a Rift problem either. Would likely run into the same "dead news" issue w/r/t to other smaller MMOs. What is there to say about Tera update #12 that can fill a half hour of a talk show? Or Secret World? Or Aion? Or... you get the picture.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-11-24 at 04:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I am pretty sure that wasn't the exact reason why the Sanctum was cancelled. It was the lack of news to generate interesting discussion around. Yea, Rift had a lot of updates but there wasn't much controversial or exciting. Nor does the game have the cultural impact to keep a lively show going such as World of Warcraft.

Rift news is just not... exciting.

"There was a patch!"
    "Stuff was working mostly as intended!
    "Trion hotfixed the unintended stuff a hour later!"
    "Trion, too good."
    haha, It's definitely not :P there's soooooo much news/controversy that people just don't talk about, which only somebody as hooked on the game like me which challenge just to show how easy it is here is a few controversial topics I'll quickly list off the top of my head I'd look at discussing If I had some sort of high-rated RIFT show :P

• New Chronicle initially advertised to be included with the release of Storm Legion, what happend to it? When is it being released?
    • The Denodrome, what's happend with that?
    • PVP - Damage on certain abilities to high, meaning certian classes and combinations can almost 1 shot a fully valor geared player
    • Conquest, when is it coming back and are Trion really happy with the state of it amusing its the same as pre-storm legion?
    • The Grind to 60, is it to much for casual players that can only afford to play a couple of hours a week?
    • World firsts - Does testing devalue them? Additional ways around player testing?
    • Do the new souls have a use in Endgame raiding?
    • Experts - To difficult to access and to hard for the average player
    • Crucia is almost down and Regulos soon to follow, whats happening next?
    • Hunt RIFTS: To much of a same old, same old grind to rank V greater Hunt RIFTS?
    • Various Zone event problems... Steepes of Infinity, fortress one capture overtuned so that literally at least 200+ Invasions spawned which at the same time crashed the EU servers (Co-incidence?)
    • Raid gear from Vendors a bit to expensive?
    • Could more stuff be done to encourage mentoring at 60?
    • Fishing Bots

Literally threw this list together in 2 Minuites, I could probably at least double the size of topics, the problem is they don't actively play the game to the extent I do and similar players at my level do, therefore they are not terribly aware of all the issues that are happening.

Deleted
    nice i like the sanctum :P

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    haha, It's definitely not :P there's soooooo much news/controversy that people just don't talk about, which only somebody as hooked on the game like me which challenge just to show how easy it is here is a few controversial topics I'll quickly list off the top of my head I'd look at discussing If I had some sort of high-rated RIFT show :P
    Awesome! Now find 3 other people to spin that into a funny and watchable talk show with high production quality. Go!

Lack of news or updates isn't a thing. Lack news that makes a compelling & watchable show every week-- is. Rift is too small.

[Also, I watched you guys kill Gangnum a few nights ago. Gz. Tell Sharogy, I <3s one Warrior to another.]

You list all those things seatin and I can't help but ask, What's the status on the Failcasts? Too much raiding to have time to put one together? I don't have a clue how mutch work actually goes into them.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherion View Post
    You list all those things seatin and I can't help but ask, What's the status on the Failcasts? Too much raiding to have time to put one together? I don't have a clue how mutch work actually goes into them.
    lol @ failcasts, Seatin you should trademark that and just go forward, who needs other websites!

But yeah Neth, Seatin's currently competing for world firsts and he's too busy to even say hi to is dear friend Antipathy online

I think once the race is over, he'd be in a position to do a lot more.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

10+ Year Old Account
    Except when the Sanctum was actually still pumping out episodes, what you listed never existed in the game. There wasn't much to report on last year.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    lol @ failcasts, Seatin you should trademark that and just go forward, who needs other websites!

But yeah Neth, Seatin's currently competing for world firsts and he's too busy to even say hi to is dear friend Antipathy online

I think once the race is over, he'd be in a position to do a lot more.
    ^This basically, There is so much I want to do! but at heart I'm an endgame raider and currently we are pushing for Crucia at this moment in time, Once she's down that'll give me a couple of weeks to do a few more video's etc etc, but for now I just don't have the time :'(

I agree with Seatin that there is actually plenty to cover, but it's much less public than in WoW. Most of the controversy goes on amongst members of Top 10 guilds and a lot of people don't hear about it unless they madly refresh their forums/run in the same circles.

You could do a lot with it, but no-one who produces Sanctum or anything similar is in the position to cover the content. To an extent Seatin does, as does RaidLock but those are fairly infrequent and as mentioned, progression gets in the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I have heard the Dendrome is coming in 2.1. :P
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Most of the controversy goes on amongst members of Top 10 guilds and a lot of people don't hear about it unless they madly refresh their forums/run in the same circles.
    That's the main reason I'd love to see more of them. The konwledge of the game and what's going on behind the scenes differentiates so much between the different lvls of players. Casts like the failcasts help close that gap and lets the casuals/less dedicated in on the stories too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just started watching.... 1 minute in and I'm weirded out by their lame attempts at humor. >_>

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 12:39 PM ----------

The two guests could both also seriously use better cams and mics. Ugh.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherion View Post
    That's the main reason I'd love to see more of them. The konwledge of the game and what's going on behind the scenes differentiates so much between the different lvls of players. Casts like the failcasts help close that gap and lets the casuals/less dedicated in on the stories too.
    Unfortunately due to Zykor leaving for C.O.D and also Noge being a bit busy, if I did another failcast, which eventually I'll recruit and build a team to do so, it would'nt be with the same setup, but when I get round to doing it, I want to make it much more fun and banter filled while also covering some key issues, so that its quite enjoyable to watch ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately due to Zykor leaving for C.O.D and also Noge being a bit busy, if I did another failcast, which eventually I'll recruit and build a team to do so, it would'nt be with the same setup, but when I get round to doing it, I want to make it much more fun and banter filled while also covering some key issues, so that its quite enjoyable to watch ^^
    oo oo me me. ._.

Seriously I want do this so badly.
    "A flower.

I'd consider it, but as said, I'm not quite sure if I am radio ready for stuff like that. But I'd be willing to fill in if needed.

I think this is a good idea, as long as you can get people who are genuinely doing it for the love of the game rather than because they think the show will be massive and get loads of views. Fencers is unfortunately right in that theres both a greater pool of people who actually know what they're talking about, and a greater audience that will tune in for even the small topics.

It was a shame for the cred of the game that Ciderhelm stopped making videos. Having the founder of Tankspot making vids and praising the raid encounters was good exposure. Its unfortunate that he had a baby come along and LoL vids were simply a better use of his time for the returns he got. If Rift could have hooked some of the bigger names on youtube, it would have done wonders for its exposure. As it was, you had Yogscast and TB play it briefly, and neither were massively enthusiastic about it (Totalbiscuit at several points made it sound like he thought it was a WoW clone), even if neither said anything negative about it. Jesse Cox seemed to enjoy it, though is videos were often buried under a load of other ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    You know, at some point, Hitler was "just a beta" and people didn't stop him... then he went live.
    Just saying.
    MMO Champ forums - where Cata is comparable to Hitler.