So, the PVPdominant faction

Hi there. I am interested in playing SWTOR (especially with the F2P option), and when it comes to mmos, I usually find my self more interested in the PVP aspect of things rather than everything else. However, as I am sure many people here know, it can be frustrating playing the faction that is less coordinated or pvp geared, as winning a Battleground, Warzone, Scenario will be very hard, with alot of players just going off to do their own thing, or the faction seemingly unable to Win.

I was wondering, in SWTOR, which faction should I choose for a smoother and less frustrating PVP experience? Like which one has the Higher Win rate or (in your opinion) more team-orientated players?
    Last edited by Krunk; 2012-11-25 at 01:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure about all servers and regions, but on the two English realms I have played on, Republics are more coordinated and usually don't have the lack of healers. Win ratio is higher. You do see a few healers on Imp side from time to time, but its rare. I for one have decided to re-roll republic side just for the PVP bit.

Take note, this goes for NON-premades. I have yet not done much premade myself, but I hear the ratio is more even on rated warzones.

The myth, is that all the "kids" pick imp to look cool, as republic dont have the best gear looks compared to imp. These kids being the ones that don't really care when doing warzones and just run around doing whatever they feel like doing instead of working together. Also healing being a tabu, as you will see 80% dualwielding lightsabers.
    Again, just a myth going around.
    Jugg Death's Demise - Impetus Norvegicus - Kazzak EU

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I'm not sure about all servers and regions, but on the two English realms I have played on, Republics are more coordinated and usually don't have the lack of healers. Win ratio is higher. You do see a few healers on Imp side from time to time, but its rare. I for one have decided to re-roll republic side just for the PVP bit.

Take note, this goes for NON-premades. I have yet not done much premade myself, but I hear the ratio is more even on rated warzones.

The myth, is that all the "kids" pick imp to look cool, as republic dont have the best gear looks compared to imp. These kids being the ones that don't really care when doing warzones and just run around doing whatever they feel like doing instead of working together. Also healing being a tabu, as you will see 80% dualwielding lightsabers.
    Again, just a myth going around.
    Lol have you seen Bounty Hunter gear? It's atrocious.

Thanks for the help. I was leaning towards Republic because I like to play Paladin-like classes, and this just helps me make my decision easier.

Any suggestions for a good Republic PVP or RP server? I'm not picky about the zone

Quote Originally Posted by Krunk View Post
    Thanks for the help. I was leaning towards Republic because I like to play Paladin-like classes, and this just helps me make my decision easier.

Any suggestions for a good Republic PVP or RP server? I'm not picky about the zone
    In terms of pvp or rp servers, just pick the one in your timezone / country. There aren't many choices.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

You've got The Bastion which is West Coast, and Prophecy of the Five which is East Coast. If you have any concerns whatsoever about lag on your computer, go with the server in your region. Even a small/negligible amount of ability delay becomes unbearable in real PVP.

Deleted
    Hi there. I am interested in playing SWTOR (especially with the F2P option), and when it comes to mmos, I usually find my self more interested in the PVP aspect of things rather than everything else. However, as I am sure many people here know, it can be frustrating playing the faction that is less coordinated or pvp geared, as winning a Battleground, Warzone, Scenario will be very hard, with alot of players just going off to do their own thing, or the faction seemingly unable to Win.

I was wondering, in SWTOR, which faction should I choose for a smoother and less frustrating PVP experience? Like which one has the Higher Win rate or (in your opinion) more team-orientated players?
    I find on my current server there is an ebb and flow to which faction holds the bragging rights. Some weeks I have my 9/9 weekly done by bedtime on the Wednesday, some weeks it takes through to the Friday.
    I have to say though I find your reasons for choosing a faction, IMHO, very questionable. I know you said PvP is important to you, I can relate to that as most of my game time is PvPing, but there are some nice stories on both side when levelling and each class has a very distinct feel to it.....even though they are 'mirrors' I think they feel different in terms of immersion into the game.
    Coupled with that, your thinking is compounding the problem of faction imbalance and IMO repeatedly steamrolling the opposition can be as frustrating/boring as getting beaten more often than not but every now and again being on a good team. Even if on your server the balance of power has swung towards one faction, and you end up on the 'weaker' faction, you should still be able to get into a PvP guild and do some 1/2 premade 1/2 Pug setups before going onto ranked PvP both of which would give you the team oriented organisation you are looking for.
    Last edited by mmoc53c2ae6845; 2012-11-25 at 07:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morros View Post
    Lol have you seen Bounty Hunter gear? It's atrocious.
    I use the War Hero shells for my Merc... I personally think Bounty Hunter War Hero gear looks AMAZING.

Also, I'm on Prophecy of the Five and it seems Empire is our dominant PvP faction- however you still get a lot of pugs that like to make you lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I use the War Hero shells for my Merc... I personally think Bounty Hunter War Hero gear looks AMAZING.

Also, I'm on Prophecy of the Five and it seems Empire is our dominant PvP faction- however you still get a lot of pugs that like to make you lose.
    To each their own, so far the only BH set I like is the Black Hole/Dread Guard set.

Trooper is my main, and I'm okay with the Rakata set, Black Hole set, I haven't really decided on yet. :/

No real difference between factions and it's server dependent. Also lots of people play both factions and some guilds have a guild on the other faction. Just play what you want to play, there are no gameplay differences between the opposite faction mirror classes (hence mirror).

Deleted
    REB REB REB -

Im on tomb of F N - REB always win - 80/20 -

Frustrates me no end!

Quote Originally Posted by Lethorien View Post
    REB REB REB -

Im on tomb of F N - REB always win - 80/20 -

Frustrates me no end!
    This is weird. I am also playing at ToFN empire side and I'm winning 50% (maybe slightly more) of my games.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post

That's what I'm going for as well, I think it looks amazing!

as for faction sides.... I had demolishing matches on both sides (the other team were farmed on their spawn point) so... it's all up to the time and "luck" when you make pvp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Odegon View Post
    This is weird. I am also playing at ToFN empire side and I'm winning 50% (maybe slightly more) of my games.
    loging at 10pm, try solo que, play 10 matches and tell me how many times you beat reb.