Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

Proving you're a vanilla player?

Hey all

Just been trying to think about what items/gear/anything else you could have that could prove you were a vanilla player

I've been wracking(sp?) my brain to try and think of things that were only around in vanilla that weren't available once other expansions came along....Achieve's didn't come in until BC...Scarab Lord could be gotten in BC...Naxx gear...not to mention the BMAH

Only things that jumped out were the pre-BC event gear and the original epic mounts....(and that one legendary that accidentally dropped in MC)....What other things could you have which could be from vanilla WoW and only from vanilla WoW?

corrupted ashbringer?
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

Feat of strength with old pvp titles = instant proof.

The higher the rank the more proof that person played vanilla longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    umm date the account created would be obvious
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Deleted
    zergling .

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does it even matter? Who cares? Your skill now is what matters.

Could you only get Corrupted Ashbringer in original WoW? I was a bit of a WoW beginner back then and didn't know much about it....You couldn't get it in BC when Naxx was still going?

And couldn't you have gotten Mini diablo from buying the Vanilla collectors edition anytime? I know people still sell the collectors editions on Ebay...I'm not sure about that but would be great to know

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Why does it even matter? Who cares? Your skill now is what matter.
    I was just about to post this. You beat my Darsithis.

Proving to others that you're a vanilla player is a little silly. Are you trying to get people to think "highly" of you? Why do you need that?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Even though I didn't play in Vanilla, could I say I did? Since I have one of the original epic mounts

10+ Year Old Account
    Beyond it not meaning much, why would you need to prove this? If nobody is going to believe you, then you're wasting you breath beyond saying "yes I was".
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

For sure...I'm not meaning this for being a vanilla vs anything debate...I'm just genuinely interested with all the changes taken place and all the things that are made available is there any way to tell?

Maybe from a nostalgia viewpoint...like, has anything unique survived

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php

If you care about telling how old a character is.

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charsheet/36335446

Oldest guy I have left on my account, don't ask me why I deleted stuff when I was younger, I was stupid.

As for other stuff, only a few things like ash,asteish, the old epic mounts (tauren is only one i can think of), FoS PvP titles, think that is about it anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by Banders View Post
    Hey all

Just been trying to think about what items/gear/anything else you could have that could prove you were a vanilla player

I've been wracking(sp?) my brain to try and think of things that were only around in vanilla that weren't available once other expansions came along....Achieve's didn't come in until BC...Scarab Lord could be gotten in BC...Naxx gear...not to mention the BMAH

Only things that jumped out were the pre-BC event gear and the original epic mounts....(and that one legendary that accidentally dropped in MC)....What other things could you have which could be from vanilla WoW and only from vanilla WoW?
    I'm confused as to why you need to prove you were a vanilla player in the first place. I'm on my 5th account so no items carry across but I know I played in Vanilla... and since I was actually there I can prove it via the knowledge I obtained at the time.

Anything else just seems unnecessary - what do we really have to prove? That we got here first?

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't we just have this thread?

Particular feats - pvp titles, original mount feats, and the tabard from the opening of the Dark Portal event are really the only way to prove it in-game.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Seems like I've seen a few of these post. I'm a little confused on what the big deal is. Most of the guys I raid with raided back in Vanilla, though many are much more casual than they were when they first played, and most of them are not that good. Which seems to be at odds with this notion that if you played in Vanilla you must be awesome now.

I dunno, when I hear people go on and on about Vanilla it seems like they are trying to earn some "old timers" points. I'm not sure many people who didn't play care.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    I'm confused as to why you need to prove you were a vanilla player in the first place. I'm on my 5th account so no items carry across but I know I played in Vanilla... and since I was actually there I can prove it via the knowledge I obtained at the time.

Anything else just seems unnecessary - what do we really have to prove? That we got here first?
    Lol...fair enough...I think using "prove" in the OP may have gotten people thinking the wrong thing. It's not an Epeen contest rather looking back over the 8 years of WoW.

Like I said a few posts up....Just a genuine interest in what unique things have survived

10+ Year Old Account
    The Purple scarab i cant remember the mounts name it was a one time mount u had to participate in the opening of the raid, As well as the Scout titles and titles like that...
    Stop making me repeat myself! Its bad for my health!*Gundam Wing (Duo)*

10+ Year Old Account
    My lvl 60 rogue i still have him on a frozen account

First Seen Dec 27, 04
    Last Seen May 07, 06
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwing-Lairz View Post
    The Purple scarab i cant remember the mounts name it was a one time mount u had to participate in the opening of the raid, As well as the Scout titles and titles like that...
    I'm pretty sure you could have gotten that sneakily in BC by transferring servers with unopened gates...

Genuine question - did they award PvP titles as feats of strength when they introduced the achive system in BC? I'm on my second account and wasn't a big PvPer so can't remember what they did