Poll: How do you fill an ice cube tray?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I pee in my trays.. Ice cube making machine doesn't work... Better drink my own piss, with iced down piss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Other... it comes in a bag, pre frozen.

Other for me I guess. The method I use is closer to pocket by pocket but not really. I just move the tray back and forth under the water a bunch of times until it overflows.

Well here's an obvious answer, poor water into the tray and then put it in the freezer.

Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    What kind of autistic psycho does it pocket by pocket?

Infracted: Please be more respectful
    You got infracted for that? I thought it was rather funny - and obviously meant as sarcasm than really insulting somebody.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    You got infracted for that? I thought it was rather funny - and obviously meant as sarcasm than really insulting somebody.
    Meh, I got an infraction a couple weeks ago from the same mod for making a joke alluding to an earlier post in the same thread. Maybe I offended him somehow without realizing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

gravity, and then level it off pocket by pocket..

EVERYTHING MUST BE LEVEL!

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't pay attention when I fill a ice cube tray...other people do?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I chose other...there is a slave...I mean machine in my freezer that just dumps them into a bucket for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    What the hell is this "ice cube tray" you speak of?
    Do people not have ice machines? I thought it comes standard with all freezers.
    Of course it doesn't. If you want a built in ice machine they're very expensive. Cheap fridges tend to just be basic and not have all that fancy stuff.

As for me I just fill up the entire thing. I don't know if you call it pocket to pocket. I just fill it in the middle and it overflows onto the rest. When it's completely over flowing I just tip it a bit to level it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Of course it doesn't. If you want a built in ice machine they're very expensive. Cheap fridges tend to just be basic and not have all that fancy stuff.

As for me I just fill up the entire thing. I don't know if you call it pocket to pocket. I just fill it in the middle and it overflows onto the rest. When it's completely over flowing I just tip it a bit to level it out.
    ^ The barriers between individual cells are usually lower than the main one bordering the tray. You can do it the "gravity" way without tilting it.
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?

Quote Originally Posted by Valiea View Post
    I pee in my trays.. Ice cube making machine doesn't work... Better drink my own piss, with iced down piss.
    Bear grylls would be proud.

OT: Pocket by pocket, screw gravity!
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    lmao what a tupic, i use gravity though i have been very interested in one of those "American" fridges as we call them here. Those fridges where you can put a cup/glass under whatever it's called and it spits out a few cubes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post
    lmao what a tupic, i use gravity though i have been very interested in one of those "American" fridges as we call them here. Those fridges where you can put a cup/glass under whatever it's called and it spits out a few cubes.
    Would tell you how it works, but it's a national secret.

Gravity. Pocket by pocket is wayyyyyy too frickin slow. lol

That said, god do I miss having an automatic ice maker. I mean, my fridge has one, but my house doesn't have the plumbing required for it. It sucks.

Deleted

I use Ice cube bags.

I put my tray under the tap and horizontally position it so that the stream of water hits the centre of the tray. I turn on the tap until the tray is overflowing. I turn off the tap and place the tray in the freezer. My ice cube tray is currently snapped in half because it's cheap garbage, so I must do this for both pieces. There's no thought required at all; I'm surprised this is even a topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukari View Post
    Equality is a universal concept, you either care about it for everyone, or you don't care about it. It can't be compartmentalized, you can't champion equality for solely one group, that's inimical to the whole idea of equality.
    To make room for the cupcake!

Deleted
    I think that's an American thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gravity, way easier. My sister does it pocket for pocket though. Or we use those bags Siggma posted about.

Our freezer is damn old, but as it still works, it doesn´t need to be replaced.
    Last edited by Taurenburger; 2012-11-26 at 06:34 AM.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

I was unaware that people still used ice cube trays