Poll: How do you fill an ice cube tray?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Always (well, its not something I do very often) been doing pocket by pocket but it seems that the gravity way is a lot faster...

mix of both
    I run it through 'pocket by pocket' kinda, since there's not much room in my sink, but I do it very sloppily. after that I tip/turn it and let gravity take course to equally fill them up. works much quicker.

Pour water in the middle of the tray until over flowing, pour out on the long side, even up the opposite side I poured from. Seems to get me the most consistent results with as little work as possible.

The gravity method usually leaves the top 2-6 cubes a little small requiring that you go back and fill them up, thus avoiding any efficiency the gravity method had.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    Join the 21st century and buy a freezer with an ice maker.
    Or those of us who have sense can just not spend a few thousand dollars putting in new plumbing and getting a new refrigerator/freezer to get an ice maker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blockygame View Post
    Most people probably don't even know that running water over the back of the tray makes removing the cubes cleaner and easier.
    You can also just twist the tray in opposite directions from either side and not waste water or risk dropping half of your ice cubes in the sink.

Deleted
    My faucet has a shower-like setting, which I use to just simply shower my trays in their entirety. Very little spills out, and it's done in a second or five.

I chose other.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    You can also just twist the tray in opposite directions from either side and not waste water...
    Are people being serious about this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukari View Post
    Equality is a universal concept, you either care about it for everyone, or you don't care about it. It can't be compartmentalized, you can't champion equality for solely one group, that's inimical to the whole idea of equality.
    To make room for the cupcake!

Quote Originally Posted by TheShinyOne View Post
    Are people being serious about this?
    Cutting out water wasting practices saves you money.

I use magic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pocket by pocket but I do it a lot faster than the video, with the tap running faster too.

Cutting out water wasting practices saves you money.
    Where do you people live that water is so costly that it drives people to be so concerned about even the most insignificant of water usage?
    Equality is a universal concept, you either care about it for everyone, or you don't care about it. It can't be compartmentalized, you can't champion equality for solely one group, that's inimical to the whole idea of equality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where do you people live that water is so costly that it drives people to be so concerned about even the most insignificant of water usage?
    Southern California?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    Southern California?
    Sounds like a horrible place to live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gravity... but i have the machine thing that makes ice so i don't fill it up often
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

I think every fridge my family has owned since I was born had an ice maker...

It seems insignificant, but when you get ice like 4 or 5 times a day it adds up over a year, especially if you live in a desert area.

10+ Year Old Account
    9 months out of the year I could step outside and grab a handfull of a clean white snow/ice and use it.

Setting food that needs to be frozen outside the door instead of walking to the freezer is usually a lot more convenient too. And about 20 degrees colder.

...but when you get ice like 4 or 5 times a day it adds up over a year...
    4 or 5 times a day? There's your problem.

4 or 5 times a day? There's your problem.
    Wanting cold water isn't a problem.

I couldn't really explain the methods I was thinking of but I surprisingly found videos doing both.

Pocket by pocket:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbDFh4ehVr4

Gravity:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB9i5uJ6Msk

Which method do you use?
    with soda duh O-O
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Wanting cold water isn't a problem.
    Why not just put a jug of water in the fridge instead?