Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    I stated there was good reason to not trust them, and you retorted to that with Kael Thas. Hence, Muru.

They don't use Fel Magic, but the mentality they used to snort it is still there. Hence why I still find them boring.
    Was it evil to siphon on Muru maybe, was it necessary ? Yes it was.

Why should they change their mentality, it was this mentality that saved their kingdom from utter destruction, if they had kept to their high elven traditions there wouldn't be a Quel'thalas left. They are capable of good and at the same time are willing to unleash hell if they deem it is necessary.

At the end of the day, Horde needed a 'pretty' race, and so you have all of this lore shoe-horning to explain the decision to have the Blood Elves in the Horde.
    It is pretty obvious that Metzen and co. have no problem playing fast and loose with the lore if it suits the bean counters at Blizzard, or there is a marketing need, etc and that makes it really hard to follow anymore. I think the whole red shirt guy at Blizzcon was the essence of the problem; you have a lot of players who really get into the lore and storyline and it seems like it is the folks creating the lore that can't keep their crap straight
    Last edited by Aildrik; 2012-11-26 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post

Why should they change their mentality, it was this mentality that saved their kingdom from utter destruction, if they had kept to their high elven traditions there wouldn't be a Quel'thalas left. They are capable of good and at the same time are willing to unleash hell if they deem it is necessary.
    They had plenty of Mana Wyrms and Demons to snort instead of a sentient being of pure light.
    Why did they have to molest him now?

They had plenty of Mana Wyrms and Demons to snort instead of a sentient being of pure light.
    Why did they have to molest him now?
    Because that thing is alien and we dont know anything about their motives. Blood Elves got their foreign policy from Imperium of Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Maybe? Of course it was, what kind of person are you.
    Why it is evil, explain.

Deleted
    Was it necessary? In what way was it necessary? For what?

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Because that thing is alien and we dont know anything about their motives. Blood Elves got their foreign policy from Imperium of Man.
    As much as I'd enjoy the premise of Garrosh developing a cockney accent, I'll have to debate the latter part.

Deleted
    So the first thing you would do with something you don't know is you would drain its energy?

So the first thing you would do with something you don't know is you would drain its energy?
    The Imperium of Man would be more likely to shoot it than give out blood transfusions from it to the rank and file anyways.

Study it, butcher it for anything usefull, prepare for retaliation.

Was it necessary? In what way was it necessary? For what?
    They were surrounded by undead besieged daily and there was a vast source of light power right in front of you, you could either use it tarnish yourself in order to protect your city or leave it be and leave a weapon that could turn the tide against the scourge.

They were surrounded by undead besieged daily and there was a vast source of light power right in front of you, you could either use it tarnish yourself in order to protect your city or leave it be and leave a weapon that could turn the tide against the scourge.
    Or you could open negotiations with it and have it send in an army of windchimes to scare away the zombies.

The Naruu don't seem to be against helping looking at their history.

Or you could open negotiations with it and have it send in an army of windchimes to scare away the zombies.

They are beings of light, as such they have tendency to abandon you when you need them most.

Deleted
    They were surrounded by undead besieged daily and there was a vast source of light power right in front of you, you could either use it tarnish your yourself in order to protect your city or leave it be and leave a weapon that could turn the tide against the scourge.
    Yeah there are different ways to harness the light. But did they really need the light? They were powerful sorcerers. I can see that the power of a Naaru can be useful and it might be tempting to control its powers, but in the end it was that same Naaru that redeemed the Blood Elves and gave them their purified Sunwell back. I just hope it humbled the Blood Elves and in the future they'll think twice about abusing other creatures.

True, though that wasn't part of Murus plan as far as we know Muru never tried to speak to any blood elf in Silvermoon. His plan was after all to die in order to become a part of the sunwell. In order to get the blood elves into their great army of the light.

Deleted
    They are beings of light, as such they have tendency to abandon you when you need them most.
    Only if you stop believing in them.

Yeah there are different ways to harness the light. But did they really need the light? They were powerful sorcerers. I can see that the power of a Naaru can be useful and it might be tempting to control its powers, but in the end it was that same Naaru that redeemed the Blood Elves and gave them their purified Sunwell back. I just hope it humbled the Blood Elves and in the future they'll think twice about abusing other creatures.
    Most blood elves had a mindset of Liadrin they thought the light abandoned them, and they thought using it that way was just for all the pain they suffered. That changed quite dratically after the restoration of the Sunwell.

Lady Liadrin says: My brothers and sisters, words cannot describe what I felt upon seeing the Sunwell rekindled.
    Lady Liadrin says: In that moment, the Light revealed to me the truth of the terrible things I had done.
    Lady Liadrin says: Our people had walked a dark path and mine was among the darkest of them all.
    Lady Liadrin says: But the Light showed me that I was not lost. It helped me to find the strength to survive in spite of all that had happened and all the evil I had wrought.
    Lady Liadrin says: It is a strength that we sin'dorei all share. It is a strength we will need to free ourselves of the addiction ravaging our people.
    Lady Liadrin says: It will be the most difficult battle we have ever faced, but our resolve and the power of the Sunwell will sustain us until we have been restored to our greatness.

Well you are allowed to be quite delusional, if 90% of your entire race gets massacred wouldn't you agree.

True, though that wasn't part of Murus plan as far as we know Muru never tried to speak to any blood elf in Silvermoon. His plan was after all to die in order to become a part of the sunwell. In order to get the blood elves into their great army of the light.
    It never touched on Muru himself if memory serves back in the old chain, so that part is admittedly vague.

Someone's been reading too much Grim-Dark
    Hell the entire reason they couldn't use the Light on their own was because they refused to go to Therapy.
    It quite literally left them because they stopped believing in it.

Most blood elves had a mindset of Liadrin they thought the light abandoned them, and they thought using it that way was just for all the pain they suffered. That changed quite dratically after the restoration of the Sunwell.

Lady Liadrin says: My brothers and sisters, words cannot describe what I felt upon seeing the Sunwell rekindled.
    Lady Liadrin says: In that moment, the Light revealed to me the truth of the terrible things I had done.
    Lady Liadrin says: Our people had walked a dark path and mine was among the darkest of them all.
    Lady Liadrin says: But the Light showed me that I was not lost. It helped me to find the strength to survive in spite of all that had happened and all the evil I had wrought.
    Lady Liadrin says: It is a strength that we sin'dorei all share. It is a strength we will need to free ourselves of the addiction ravaging our people.
    Lady Liadrin says: It will be the most difficult battle we have ever faced, but our resolve and the power of the Sunwell will sustain us until we have been restored to our greatness.
    And that would be a great plot element if they didnt sweep it under the rug after BC. Just went back to snorting magic and whatever else they could regardless of what it caused.
    Last edited by Stuffs; 2012-11-26 at 08:33 PM.

Would you trust something so self-centered?

It quite literally left them because they stopped believing in it.
    Given the circumstances I would have a problem to keep believing if most of my family is dead my homeland in utter ruins and almost everyone I knew was dead or worse.

Deleted

Well you are allowed to be quite delusional, if 90% of your entire race gets massacred wouldn't you agree.
    Then they don't understand the Light.