Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    all of our level 90 talents need to have damage added back to them, or other classes control talents that have damage need to be taken away. When i read that they took the damage off the end talents I was flabbergasted. Now actually pvping for once, I am at a complete lack of words beyond flabbergasted at why the damage was taken away to begin with.

We really don't need damage back on our level 90 talents, pvp has far greater problems than that right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aneska View Post
    Here we go, and blizz dont even have to pay me.

All specs:
    Strangulate: remove rune cost, GCD and facing requirement
    Boneshield: make this baseline
    Icebound Fortitude: Increase dmg reduction

Unholy:
    Remove Pet summon CD, remove all pet spells of GCD, and remove rune cost from Dark Transformation.

Frost:
    Increase Chains of Ice duration.
    Overall Frost dmg needs to be reduced a bit, maybe?

Fixed your dk class for you right here.

Your welcome :P

(This post is aimed at PVPers)
    Why not just say you want to have a GOD mode button... or, do you just suck that badly at DK that you think they need even more buffing?

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 10:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Jim View Post
    PVE-ers, please get out of this threat. Dks have no issues in pve so reading "my dk is fine" while it refers strictly to pve, is completely irrelevant.
    PVP changes affect PVE, or haven't you realized that, telling all the PVE to get out just proves you dont give a flying FUCK about anything but your FUCKING self. When you start giving a FUCK about the entire class instead of just your self then come back and we'll talk.. and YOU should be the one to step the fuck away....

All specs:
    Rune cost and GCD should be removed from strang, facing requirement I can go either way on. Strang is by far the longest cooldown silence in the game, it needs to be more user friendly.

I'm unsure about making boneshield baseline. We need more survivability and this would be decent passive survivability, but I worry that it might be too much.

IBF needs to be upped to 40% or so. DK's are the only melee without a large damage reduction cooldown of some sort. It leaves us at the mercy of other melee.

Unholy:
    Remove Pet summon CD, remove all pet spells of GCD, and remove rune cost from Dark Transformation.
    Pet summon CD needs to stay, we should have the same sort of punishments that every other pet class has.

The only pet spell that should be messed with is gnaw. It should not have an energy cost and should be taken off the global cooldown, that would bring it inline with every other pet class in that regard.

I don't really see a reason to remove the rune cost of DT. It's a damage cooldown, it should cost something.

Frost:
    No on coi duration. What I would love to see is it reverted back to what it was in wrath (maybe just if you have chilblains like the root now), namely that it slows to 99% and then the enemy gains speed back over a few seconds. This would add a lot of utility that isn't there right now and also add some survivability that is sorely lacking.

In regards to death strike, I really don't see buffing it as being a good idea, it just treads the line of being useless or amazing.

DK's need a better survivability cooldown, I think IBF just needs to be buffed and maybe a little bit of passive mitigation. More importantly is that we need some utility, if you play frost all you have is a 2 minute silence, unholy you gain a stun that you have to work hard to guarantee is up. Both can pick up remorseless winter, but in it's current state it's not very good. The stacks are too easy to remove or mitigate. I feel like it should be put up to 1.5 or 2 minutes and made instant, but I'm not sure on that.

Unholy needs a little bit of a damage buff, I really think that they'd probably be fine if necrotic strike was made to work with unholy runes again, the healing debuff would probably make up for the lack of burst and work well with other classes.

The last thing I can think of at the moment is soul reaper. This talent bugs me. The 5 seconds between putting it on the target and it going off makes it almost useless to use, the way health bars move. I feel like it should just be made instant damage and then on a 6 second cooldown (or whatever it is, pretty sure it's 6). That way it wouldn't affect pve damage at all, but it would be much more useful in pvp.

So to throw out my credentials, I don't claim to be amazing, but I have been rival (last season, not season 5), so I at least have some decent insight into the class.

All specs:

Unholy:

Frost:

Fixed your dk class for you right here.

Your welcome :P

(This post is aimed at PVPers)
    - So make Strangulate like Mind Freeze? I think that would turn them into another FotM with 2 instant interrupts, one having a silence. If anything, shorten the CD on it.
    - What would be the point of giving all specs something you'd expect a tank-like spec to have? Seems it'd just make DK's overpowered in PvP(again, FotM).
    - For IBF, I can almost see buffing it slightly. I'd only suggest up to 25%, otherwise it's going to get a bit ridiculous fighting one who goes full defensive(which is sort of the point, but beyond being able to handle fighting one).

- Basically making it so Unholy can go balls fucking crazy with their pet abilities? I think this would result in worse balance issue than we've had with Hunters and their nuke macros. Awful, AWFUL idea.

- Elaborate nerfing Frost spec. Overall damage reduction from all abilities? If you're suggesting Obliterate, then everyone will most likely turn to 1h Frost since it's priority system is kind of the opposite. I don't see what's wrong with Frost at the moment. 2h has great burst, and I can stay competitive throughout the fight.

Truth be told, if Blizzard WERE paying you and these were the results...if I were you, I'd be expecting a demotion and drop in pay. I hope you're never one to diss on Ghostcrawler, because you have nooooo room to talk...

Replace Plague Leech with something that actually has something to do with putting diseases on targets, NOT removing them:
    Creeping Death: Each time your Blood Plague or Frost Fever deals damage, it has a 70% chance of spreading to 2 nearby targets within 5 yards. Diseases spread this way deal 25% more damage (Gonna be more passive of the three tier-1 talents).

Blood Siphon (Unholy): Heals you for 50% of the damage done by Blood Plague on your current target. When a target that yields experience or honor dies while afflicted with Blood Plague, you and your ghoul/geist are healed for X (allows you to free up a Major Glyph so Unholy isn't so reliant on Dark Succor; also a passive heal for some Unholy love).

Summon Gargoyle: Please make this poor guy deal Shadow damage...

These are my only complaints really: Some passive defense via life-leeching and upping Gargoyle's damage a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Retributed View Post
    - Elaborate nerfing Frost spec. Overall damage reduction from all abilities? If you're suggesting Obliterate, then everyone will most likely turn to 1h Frost since it's priority system is kind of the opposite. I don't see what's wrong with Frost at the moment. 2h has great burst, and I can stay competitive throughout the fight.
    The problem with Frost is this:

Need to be stronger versus heavy-armored classes and a little weaker versus light armor. This wasn't a problem in cata since most of our damage was frost damage.

I suggest them to rework "Might of the Frozen Wastes" and "Threat of Thassarian" to no longer increase FS and Obliterate damage. Keep the other bonuses. Increase FS-damage by 30% and Obliterate-damage by 10% for all frost DK's instead, also make Obliterate ignore 15% armor per diseases. This would even things out. We would be strong against heavy armor again and less OP against Light armor.

I would also love to see a new dps-skill with around 15-30sec CD. I think frost has too few damaging skills. Not for a dps-increase but for some change to our boring rotation. Soul Reaper also need some use in PvP for frost, because it's hardly worth putting on the action bar now

IBF for frost/unh needs to be buffed. 20%? Really? Spriests/boomkins have a passive 15%.

im a frost dk, and i can handle a warrior and hunter( about the same arena rating and gear as me) blowing Cds at me just by swapping to Blood presence and use IB while they are hitting me,peeling one out with Remorseless Winter and maybe death pact if my health drop much,with the ocasion Deathstrike in the middle of that if i see my life drop too fast...
    Then swapp again to frost presence and killing them.....
    Use your Blood Presence as a defensive cd.... it really helps alot and there is a glyph that helps presence changing too...
    only do 2vs2 with another Frost DK that is a RL friend, and we only have 1900 rating but i guess it doesnt change much in the 3vs3 bracket...

Do dks not realize they have blood presence? All these claims of dks having low survivability kinda throws me off when I see dks sitting over 400k health in arenas, not to mention it gives passive DR and increased armor. Of course it nerfs your damage, so does defensive stance for my war but we use it anyway.

The only thing dks need is a slight buff to survivability against melee, maybe roll 10% physical DR into frost presence or something, and a nerf to frost dks fucking damage. Seriously frost dks damage is unhealable currently and with hybrid healing, war, hunter, and mage nerfs next patch dks will be steamrolling everything if their damage isnt held in check a bit.

Blood presence is 10% damage reduction.

Plenty of ranged can get more than that without sacrificing anything.

It helps, it just doesn't help enough.

And yes, our damage is pretty silly right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    Blood presence is 10% damage reduction.

Plenty of ranged can get more than that without sacrificing anything.

It helps, it just doesn't help enough.

And yes, our damage is pretty silly right now.
    It isnt "only" 10% damage reduction.....
    It also gives you 25% stamina and 55% armor....
    You dont play alone in arenas, and blood presence mixed with the other defensive cds that DK have (and we have plenty)its enough to endure a burst phase of the enemy team, especially if your teammate(s) are also doing their jobs, peeling or cc'ing (or going for a kill) on the other team players...
    The only thing i can complain about my Dk in arenas is that we dont have a Disarm ability , if they gave us that we really would be OP

Deleted
    Do you guys realise that DK is THE ONLY class at the moment who needs to sacrifice their damage to use ANY cooldowns, both offensive and defensive.
    Our damage is fairly good as long as we don't need to try play defensive, but when that happens, the game ends.

The biggest problem we have is melee opponents. We are far too squishy and even a good player can't do a shit against ferals/wars/enhas or retri pallys.
    Of course mages have to be included to that list since they 1shot after ams goes cd.

Simple fix - remove every resource cost of our cooldown abilities. Maybe tune frosts damage bit down to make unholy playable too.

The fuck did I just read?

But yeah unholy pet summoning does need to be Instant. Thats about it.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

10+ Year Old Account
    Give Death Strike a 0 resource cost, make it spamming without gcd, also make it scale 18 times more effective with Mastery.

Also, because no shield, make vengeance stack up 27 times quicker.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    Give Death Strike a 0 resource cost
    Sad but death strike doesn't count as cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    lol dks they talent into that useless purgatory and then they wonder why they lack survivability.
    Pretty useful in Low Level dungeons actually. Dont have the RP generation required to actually use LB and DC heals.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by savvasp View Post
    For arenas they kinda do (Unless they play with a warrior).
    I thought "playing a warrior" was the fix to DK's in arena... Shucks. :-)

why warrior have charge 12 secs cds and dk have death grip 25 secs cds.Mage can kiting us easy spellsteal hand of freedom so annoyed

I miss when strangulate used to do a shitton of damage probably the only reason why it had such requirements