Note II or SG III

About to buy myself a new phone. Currently standing between Samsung Note 2 and Samsung Galaxy s3. The prices in my country are the same so that doesnt matter. Im leaning more towards Note 2 just because it looks delicious, but I am afraid that the size will overwhelm me over time.

So could anyone give me pros and cons with why I should get Note 2 and Not S3 and vise versa?

Dont mention other phones, I will either get S3 or Note 2 so there is no point suggesting other phones

My dad once told me that aslong as religion existed, even I could make my own fantasy buddys

Will you use the stylus on the Note 2? If not get the S3.

I am in the same boat as you OP. I'm leaning toward the Note II. For a while I've wanted a tablet and a new phone. I was a click away from buying the SIII in July but I realized that the Nexus 4 was only a few months away and would probably be faster so I waited. I've had a shitty blackberry for 3 years now and figured I could wait a few months longer. Nexus 4 however dropped the ball big time with no LTE. So after reading numerous reviews with comparisons to iPhone 5, Nexus 4, and SIII I've concluded the Note II dominates them all as far as performance. It includes LTE and up to 64GB of storage with additional micro SD.

If you can get over the size of the Note II it's the best phone on the market hands down. If you can't get over the size than the SIII is a good option. The specs/performance on the Note II are so beastly though it should still outperform all of the 1st half 2013 smart phones and probably most of the 2nd half if not on par with those. A lot of people who own even demand it to be bigger. /shrug.

After reading a lot of reviews, searching youtube for videos and watching them for the last 2-3 hours I think I will go for the Note 2. It does fit in a regular jeans pocket, my hands are (avarage?) I guess. So typing with one hand should be OK but not as delightful as an S3. (Note 2 has a "one hand write" option). Even tho, I believe that the Note 2 will just take some time getting used to. After that it is surely a charm.

Please feel free to give me opinions from both sides. Really appreciating the answers so far. I havent decided just yet, haha!
    My dad once told me that aslong as religion existed, even I could make my own fantasy buddys

Another thing to consider is that there are rumors floating around of the S4 launching as early as March. Which would obviously be better than the SIII. While Samsung has of course denied the rumor (and no shit they will, cause nobody will buy S3) these things usually do end up becoming true. The Galaxy line upgrades pretty quicky as well.

SI -July 2010
    SII - Feb 2011
    SIISkyrocket - October/November 2011? Not sure can't find the exact date yet it was this time last year.
    SIII - July 2012
    SIV? - March 2013?

Compared to
    Note - October 2011
    Note II - September 2012

So you wouldn't see an upgrade for probably another year while the Galaxy line is updated much more often. Also as I said in my previous post, Note II will likely beat out/be on par with next years phones. Especially if it continues to receive android updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpenth View Post
    Another thing to consider is that there are rumors floating around of the S4 launching as early as March. Which would obviously be better than the SIII. While Samsung has of course denied the rumor (and no shit they will, cause nobody will buy S3) these things usually do end up becoming true. The Galaxy line upgrades pretty quicky as well.

SI -July 2010
    SII - Feb 2011
    SIISkyrocket - October/November 2011? Not sure can't find the exact date yet it was this time last year.
    SIII - July 2012
    SIV? - March 2013?

Compared to
    Note - October 2011
    Note II - September 2012

So you wouldn't see an upgrade for probably another year while the Galaxy line is updated much more often. Also as I said in my previous post, Note II will likely beat out/be on par with next years phones. Especially if it continues to receive android updates.
    Yup, thats what Ive heard aswell. And the Note 2 is a fucking beast so we'll see. Doubt I can wait much longer, my current HTC Sensation keeps shutting itself off at random, when I take pictures with blitz etc.

Honestly, if you're comfortable with the screen size ,the note 2 is by far the better phone of these two. the Droid DNA might be a good middle ground, but it's HTC and no removable storage.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    I have the Note II, (got it the first day it came out in U.S. on AT&T) and I absolutely love it, compared the size between it and the S3 in the AT&T store and that was partly a deciding factor (I have really big hands, and so need a large phone), the stylus is great, works like a charm.

Also, there is no lag, with that quad core 1.6 ghz processor in it.
    No lag in the Galaxy S2 either running android 4.1...
    And this is a dual core 1.2ghz processor.

Its all in the OS. Also at the end of the month. Galaxy s2 will get an unexpected OFFICIAL 4.1 upgrade.
    Upgrading GS2 UI to Nature UX (The Touchwiz used in Galaxy s3... Also getting smart stay and most of the gs3 features.
    Also the 50gb free dropbox space. After that the only reason i see worth upgrading from gs2 to gs3 is the 2 extra cores and a 0.3" bigger screen.

Not saying you should get the gs2 instead of 3 of course. But if you'd already had the s2
    Last edited by mmoc08e0cbb1c7; 2012-11-27 at 12:03 PM.

IMO the 2 don't even compare, Note II hands down. What really matters is can you deal with the size of it. I'm 6'3' 235lbs and It honestly fits me well, but my girlfriend is 105lbs fully clothed and it won't even fit in her jeans pocket.