Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    I miss when strangulate used to do a shitton of damage probably the only reason why it had such requirements
    And that was back in... never?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowstep View Post
    im a frost dk, and i can handle a warrior and hunter( about the same arena rating and gear as me) blowing Cds at me just by swapping to Blood presence and use IB while they are hitting me,peeling one out with Remorseless Winter and maybe death pact if my health drop much,with the ocasion Deathstrike in the middle of that if i see my life drop too fast...
    Then swapp again to frost presence and killing them......
    Do you fight bots perhaps? Try using remorseless winter on a warrior with avatar up, or a hunter that actually knows how to use that pet snare dispel. Hell, warrior can just heroic leap outside your deathgrip range and charge back in once the RW snare fades. But hey, if you can outheal warrior and hunter burst with your deathstrikes and then just swap to frost presence and spank them to death with 0 runes left... I think you need to wake up.

I'd argue DK's have the worst survivability in arenas, especially when you take in consideration their crap mobility.
    Last edited by Noxia; 2012-11-27 at 12:59 AM.

"Rune generation and management has been returned to it's pre-4.0 state. In addition, the entire level 75 tier talents have been removed and replaced by new talents that promote a less 'Whack-A-Mole' choice in playstyle."

That's fixed.

The rune system was terrible in wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxia View Post
    Prolly back round 3.0 when a few abilities also had an additionally OP effect on top of what it does now. DnD for instance used to stun when glyphed, Plague Strike used to remove HoTs and Scourge Strike used to do straight up magic damage. Old UB also used to be a monstrous AoE up until ToC hit....trying to think of anything else we might have lost.....Icy Touch may have put a debuff on casters akin to what NS does now.....AotD may have been flat out broken at release too.

Of all the things I miss the most it was probably the HB+Timmy spec from Naxx. I was working my way up to raiding before it got patched but did all my leveling with it. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    Really? I liked it. It certainly wasn't a deep as it is now but the game play wise it meant we were still a very active class. No fucking Rune Locking anyway. Biggest problem in Wrath IMO was Frost being clunky as hell with Blood runes instead of Death runes. Blood strike was a really shitty ability lol.
    Last edited by Kronik85; 2012-11-27 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    Because spending several seconds auto-attacking because you blew through all your runes is fun.

The old system had a much better flow to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Prolly back round 3.0 when a few abilities also had an additionally OP effect on top of what it does now. DnD for instance used to stun when glyphed, Plague Strike used to remove HoTs and Scourge Strike used to do straight up magic damage. Old UB also used to be a monstrous AoE up until ToC hit....trying to think of anything else we might have lost.....Icy Touch may have put a debuff on casters akin to what NS does now.....AotD may have been flat out broken at release too.
    Trust me I know my DK well, over 100 days played since wotlk and I didn't even play that much during cata. Strangulate never had a dmg component to it, though there used to be a glyph that increased it's range to like 50yd iirc. UB never was a "monstrous" aoe but it was too much on top of all the other AoE. Also the fact that you could pretty much spam it and use it as an imba aoe pull tool. I don't think IT ever had any healing absorb on it, though it used to reduce attack speed. But yeah, old PS, SS and the weird UH/Frost IT machine gun spec were quite... interesting indeed. And just to nitpick, DnD didn't stun, it was a 2 sec horror/fear effect with % chance to proc and it was indeed quite OP.

What else have we lost? Corpse explosion on pet for crazy burst, bone shield with dmg bonus %, baseline 50% dmg reduction on IBF, AMS with no absorb cap, DS/DP crit heals, my personal favourite raise ally in arenas, frost strike that you couldn't dodge or parry, ridiculous ArP trinket stacking blood spec almost one shotting people in bgs and a bunch of other things. Apologize for slight offtopic.

The problem with the old rune system was the lack of flexibility.

You had to use runes within the grace period or you lose damage which is impossible to ever get back.

The lack of flexibility in when you get to spend runes and the lack of something like runic empowerment to make things more interesting resulted in very predictable ability use, and these days you only lose damage if you sit around doing nothing with two runes of the same type full, so you get to pool resources for target swapping or burst without losing damage.

Strangulate never had a dmg component to it
    You don't know the class as well as you think you do.

Do you fight bots perhaps? Try using remorseless winter on a warrior with avatar up, or a hunter that actually knows how to use that pet snare dispel. Hell, warrior can just heroic leap outside your deathgrip range and charge back in once the RW snare fades. But hey, if you can outheal warrior and hunter burst with your deathstrikes and then just swap to frost presence and spank them to death with 0 runes left... I think you need to wake up.

I'd argue DK's have the worst survivability in arenas, especially when you take in consideration their crap mobility.
    im sorry to tell you but i think you really should read what i've typed, but i know that for some reading and understanding is hard...

Using your examples.... if the warrior leaps AWAY from me to avoid being snared he isnt hitting me right?and the timer on his cds are being wasted right? he can charge back again when RW fades but with IB on i wont be stuned and his major burst source is by now wasted and gone,.... and im not using only deathstrikes to outheal the burst, we DKs have other Cds, like deathpact, lichborn deatcoil spam, and the most important one is that IM NOT PLAYING ALONE vs 2 players in arenas...
    I dont do 3v3 so i wont comment on that,maybe in 3s we have more troubles, i dont really know..

and i actually didnt understand your point when you said that i "change back to Frost presence and spank them with 0 runes left"...changing presence doesnt afect your runes or runes regeneration, only afects your runic power and the glyph lets retain 70% of your runic power on presence swap, so like i told you, i didnt understand this point...

An yeah Stragulate used to deal shadow damage at the end of the silence effect, but you know so well your Dk that you dismiss what other players say, even when other players are certain of this...
    because you know sooo well your DK

And again using your words : "Trust me i know my DK well" i have almost 200 days played on him and he even wasnt my main trough Cata...
    lol
    Last edited by shadowstep; 2012-11-27 at 09:54 PM.

Honestly, I think DKs are in a pretty damn good place where they are. Look at the patch notes, major patch and blizzard didn't really do much except fix death strike in PvP. I'm quite happy with the DK rotations, damage, and tanking ability. They're very well rounded in my opinion.