10+ Year Old Account

New subforum: Warcraft Lore

New subforum: Warcraft Lore

I see many threads about Warcraft lore inside WoW general discussions subforum. I was thinking that Warcraft Lore deservesa subforum dedicated to it. So this will split it from General discussions. Also it will hold players who dislike lore better from these threads. Maybe splitting lore into it's own subforum might give the subject more what those threads deserve. Love for lore.

What do you think?

Poll: Add Warcraft Lore as subforum?

Vote results:

offtopic: Couldn't add a poll from the edit post screens, so i used a pollsystem from a dutch site i am familiar with. So sorry for the dutch language. I can't change it all.
    Last edited by Z3ROR; 2012-11-26 at 06:51 PM.

I really like the idea, and imo this forum deserves a lore subforum if you look at all those lore threads. But the idea has come up pretty often and they always respond with ''show us if there is enough interest with people making these threads and responding in it''.

Im pretty sure a lore subforum would be a lot more active like the other ones: PvP, achievements, professions, roleplaying etc. In the general discussions, there are always plenty of lore threads to prove that there's enough interest. making a subforum for lore could really clean up a lot of threads in the general discussions, and other threads don't get sinked in to the bottom so fast.

Lore subforum got my vote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a good idea *nods* I would even love to apply to become a mod for it! *grins*

It would fit this kind of forum, as lore is a major part of the game. And there's so much of it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

This has been suggested a ton in the past, and while it seems like a popular idea, the actual amount of active lore threads in GenWoW at any given point is never enough to justify its own dedicated forum.

Going to shove a couple recent admin replies here on this topic:

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    There's just not enough discussion about lore right now to justify it, plus it will end up being a troll magnet.

The best way to see us implement a lore forum is to show us that there's actually enough interest -- that means more than just one or two active lore threads all the time.
    Right now we just don't see enough activity for a dedicated forum. I know there are occasionally a couple active threads, but a forum needs more than that to sustain it.

The general discussions forum can house the threads for now, and I know the RP forum welcomes discussion especially of the sort that would help RP character building and so on. If we see a big boost in activity, we'll definitely consider a dedicated forum; it's just not there yet.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

10+ Year Old Account
    In other words, don't just vote, go out there and keep posting lore threads!

10+ Year Old Account
    Me personally not being somebody who likes to post threads (in case its a double post). Means if i post i would only post in the active threads out there, or otherwise not at all.

One thing i do wonder because this is the same as there being no pet battle forum section. Why are these two (pet battle/ lore forum) which "arguably" i think would provide more post then the achievements forum are not there and the achievements forum is? Or does it really provide more posts?

Also wouldnt a forum dedicated to for example the lore/pet battles not entice people to post topics about that quicker then in a general discussion section?

Yes, suprised there aint one.

Quote Originally Posted by schippie View Post
    Why are these two (pet battle/ lore forum) which "arguably" i think would provide more post then the achievements forum are not there and the achievements forum is? Or does it really provide more posts?

This quote is from quite awhile ago, so I'm not sure on current numbers, but if anything, it would feel like the achievement forum activity has gone up a lot since MoP.

Edit: To give an idea of the scale I'm talking about, in our Achievements forum, which is probably the smallest main discussion forum, we have about 10 new threads per day. I don't think lore threads could sustain even a fraction of that for a long time.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysia View Post
    This quote is from quite awhile ago, so I'm not sure on current numbers, but if anything, it would feel like the achievement forum activity has gone up a lot since MoP.
    One question i do have still i would really like to see achievements take it up against the pet battle forum. I cant imagine that would not produce more post.
    Why not try it out for a month / two months and if it flops put it back into the general discussion if it does not generate enough post. Since i really think that measuring it by the amount of post in general will not provide an accurate image.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    In other words, don't just vote, go out there and keep posting lore threads!
    This.

Lots of people think they're interested in posting on a subject or just like voting yes on polls, but the real question is how many people actually post lore-related stuff and how active those discussions are.