Item Level upgrade question

I couldn't seem to find this (is there a FAQ about this item level upgrade anywhere?), but is the item level upgrade with valor points spread across your whole gear or on a per item basis? In other words, can you upgrade every item you have twice or is it limited to only 2 "upgrades" across your whole gear?

Come on man...

Just think about it for a second..

I did. If it's 2 upgrades per items it's honestly retarded, but I guess by your response that's the case.

1500 x 15 x 2 = 45000 vp to upgrade two full bis sets for raiders like myself who tank and dps depending on the encounter. Another 3000 if I would wanna prepare to dual wield, just in case.

Deleted
    2 x upgrade per item, not 2 in total, and you can take from that, the cost is per upgrade

BTW where do we go to upgrade it? valor vendor?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mikoslav View Post
    BTW where do we go to upgrade it? valor vendor?
    A new ethereal next to the reforge guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about enchants and gems, do we lose them when we upgrade. that would be a terrible gold sink

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokugan View Post
    What about enchants and gems, do we lose them when we upgrade. that would be a terrible gold sink
    Do you lose enchants and gems when you reforge? Of course not...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyoh View Post
    I did. If it's 2 upgrades per items it's honestly retarded, but I guess by your response that's the case.

1500 x 15 x 2 = 45000 vp to upgrade two full bis sets for raiders like myself who tank and dps depending on the encounter. Another 3000 if I would wanna prepare to dual wield, just in case.
    Yea I don't think you're intended to upgrade 30 items that way. It's a small boost you give to selected items..

You will only want to upgrade items that are either BIS for you (as of the current content) or items of which you know you won't replace them in near future.

Other than that, upgrading all items for a mere 1500 valor should seem a little, um, unrealistic maybe. The intention is clearly to give you a reason to grind valor cap even after you outgeared valor items. Dailies forever, or something...

Valor upgrading is this expac's alternative to Valor bought BoEs / Valor to Conquest conversion.

wonder if the next raid tier's ilvl is based on pre or post-upgrade item level. if it's pre, then non-heroic items in the new tier will be hardly an upgrade.
    for example firelands heroic was 391. dragon soul normal 397. so firelands hc upgraded twice is 398, meaning the normal loot would be pretty much useless.

that's most likley how it will end up, I guess. if they base the new tier's ilvl on upgraded ilvl from previous tier, it's a pretty big step for new/rerolled chars that don't have access to months of valor points to upgrade their gear from the previous raiding tier.

I think Trinkets, Weapons and Chest pieces are the ones you should upgrade, since they provide the most stats thus more stats per valor spent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shedi View Post
    Do you lose enchants and gems when you reforge? Of course not...
    If its similar to upgrading to 2200 pieces for PVP you would lose your enchants and gems

If its similar to upgrading to 2200 pieces for PVP you would lose your enchants and gems
    But it's not. It's the same item as before.

Deleted
    Well, yeah, with the PVP pieces you buy actual new pieces of gear. With this feature you just upgrade your item through a reforge-like UI window.