Page 1 of 17
... LastLast
    Deleted

Am I the only one who thinks this Item Upgrade feauture is complete bullshit?

From a pvpers perspective, too max out your gear pre malovent, you will need around 40.000+ honor...

Not only that, why would you want to create an even more gear decisive pvp environment than what we already have?

I hear alot of people complaining about bots here on the forums, well hoooray blizz u just made sure that the remaining 10% that doesnt bot will have to start now. -.-

Deleted
    I neither do hate this new system nor do I like it. It feels like a way to keep people playing and rewards people who spent the time to cap valor/conquest points each week.

One positive point though, It allows you to min/max a little bit more when you are using your points to upgrade smartly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it. It gives you more options for upgrading your gear without being absolutely forced to ditch a better itemized piece of gear for the increased primary stats on a higher ilvl'd "upgrade". Also, considering how spread out gear drops are (example: the only two daggers for my rogue drop from the first boss in MV and the third boss in Terrace) it can help ease the pressure of lacking critical upgrades due to slow progression or poor luck with RNG.

As opposed to just spending more hp/cp for new gear right? That totally works.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    i like it, been both honor and valor capped for like 2 weeks now, gonna be able to do smth with excess points now

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get the issue. A minor upgrade of a 100 of a stat is hardly going to make or break a comp.

I like it. It gives people who have capped a reason to keep going, at least for a little while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mageyo View Post
    From a pvpers perspective, too max out your gear pre malovent, you will need around 40.000+ honor...

Not only that, why would you want to create an even more gear decisive pvp environment than what we already have?

I hear alot of people complaining about bots here on the forums, well hoooray blizz u just made sure that the remaining 10% that doesnt bot will have to start now. -.-
    Another complain about a feature that you really don't have to use it if you don't want to?.....my god some ppl just love to complain about anything really anything....

First of all it's not bullshit because it gives you the option to use your valor, justice, and honor points to upgrade items because there will be a time where a player have every items he needs from valor and not sure what to spend the points for. For example I have full epic item lvl 493 gears at the moment and I really don't need anything from valor points yet I still have over 1700+ valor points see the idea here? instead of just having the points for nothing now I can spend them to upgrade my current gears.

Personally I dont see a point in even doing this system. Blizzard should focus there efforts on other more important things, but I guess the UI team that handeles most of these things aint very busy seing there work was done 8 years ago or so

Well, thats just my POV. I see this feature as kinda pointless especially when reforge was put into the game.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    They shouldn't have included item upgrade for pvp items at all. This game is just becoming more and more alt hostile every patch now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    They shouldn't have included item upgrade for pvp items at all. This game is just becoming more and more alt hostile every patch now.
    alt hostile... what an amazingly proper term... it's so true.
    bad enough valor capping alts even with the BS 50% buff....(GRRR)

then throwing in ways to upgrade gear (and pvp gear) like that... ugh and there's no 50% conquest buff when you cap on your main....
    holy hell...

alt hostile indeed.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    People wanted more options. If there's a theme running in MoP, it's options.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I don't get the issue. A minor upgrade of a 100 of a stat is hardly going to make or break a comp.

I like it. It gives people who have capped a reason to keep going, at least for a little while.

It starts to get really significant when it's applied over a lot of gear. It reverses the model for conquest that has been in place for years, which is that middling players can progress their gear over the course of a season while the top players get all their gear quickly and compete for titles over the course of the season.

Now, people will be upgrading gear all the way through the season, and most people will never finish. It's also pretty punishing for pve players who never get to stop caring about valor.
    Author of DON'T EVER GET OLD , Nominated for the Edgar, Anthony and Thriller awards for Best First Novel.
    My Blog: http://danieljfriedman.blogspot.com
    My Warcraft/Gaming Blog: http://biggerthankologarn.blogspot.com
    My Twitter: http://twitter.com/DanFriedman81

10+ Year Old Account
    I like this idea. That way my gear that I currently have can be a bit better than it already is without having to rely on rng at all.

This also gives me a reason to care about justice and valor points. Unlike the post above me, I think this is a good thing. Seriously, how can actually having a use for something you otherwise wouldn't be a bad thing? Some people boggle my mind.

The problem with this system is that it stretches the gear grinding by a huge amount.

It will be pretty hard getting full BIS gear now.

And my concern is, will they balance encounters around just the raid drops, or around the upgraded BIS gear?

If it is around the upgraded gear, more casual guids will get a harder time killing bosses.

The only thing I hate about it, is it will make me farm 5 mans and do dailies again...

Deleted
    One of the biggest player issues in Cata was that people felt they had nothing to do anymore.

This feature will keep many players busy getting valor capped each week, because first people will take weeks/months to upgrade their current gear. And with each new gear item, you will need VP to upgrade it again.

So it is a simple feature giving a minor advantage, but it can have a major impact because many raiders will feel obliged to keep busy getting valor capped each week. Which is exactly what Blizzard wants.

Deleted
    Its either this or they bring new gear to farm? Whats the difference?

Deleted
    I don‘t hate it. Some players, like casuals, dont have alot of time to give for say hardmode raiding, this is a chance for them tp upgrade their gear without having to find a completely new piece. Hardmode raiders wouldnt be so held back by item level, since some lower ilevel pieces are BiS for a spec, why not upgrade a bis piece.

plus, some people have extra valor/juctice/honor/conquest that they dont need, like me, i have 4k honor and nothing to use it on.

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 02:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mageyo View Post

its not gear decisive. it depends on what your limit is......some ppl dont do arena/rbgs and dont go farther than honor gear...and now they have a chance to upgrade their own gear without breaking any limits...

I see nothing bad in it.
    As many things in the game you have to use it or not use it.

Also I think that the situation where you have nothing to do with your valour but to buy a boe boots and sell it for useless 250g is even more stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not a fan. It sounds to me like its just a way to drag out content patches. Now it will take twice as long to fully gear up a character, so people have a reason to keep raiding/pvping much longer. Not that theres anything wrong with that, but it just extends the already considerable grind every patch.