Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Tbh the girl was pretty freaking stupid to laugh at someone with a gun. That's just plain stupid. They also shouldn't of been in his home AT ALL.

I think all three people are (were) simply guilty. The stupid, idiotic teens shouldn't of robbed somebody his house and laugh at somebody at gunpoint, while the stupid, idiotic guy shouldn't of killed them after they were disabled.

I didn't know this, but I also think people are being too harsh on the 64 yr old guy. He had all the right to shoot them at first sight, and he probably became scared after the girl came downstairs (which was another stupid move by the girl -.-).
    He said that she laughed at him, its highly unlikely that it is actually true, her cousin was just killed and she had been shot, he is early undoubtedly delusional judging by his comments in the article.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I surely don't, and neither do most Americans. Some states have these laws, but the majority of our most densely populated states do not. Looking for the absolute worst things that happen in a nation of 300 million people will result in you finding some awful things. We have many individual states, even cities, that are larger than your entire country. Yes, you'll find that some are quite bad, others are quite good. Comparing the US to Denmark is about as useful as comparing one block of one city to an entire state elsewhere; that is to say, it's completely pointless.

I guess it's not entirely pointless. If you're just looking for a self serving way to pat your nation on the back for being so much better than those barbaric Americans, you can do that.
    I'm not saying my country is perfect, far from it. I'm just saying that the law that entitles you to shoot someone in your own apartment is wrong. And I can result in two young kids death. And when looking in this thread I can compare the mentality from these two countries, it just scares me, that so many people think it's okay. There's nothing more to say to it. (of course it's not representative, but it's what I got atm)
    I hope you all enjoy your guns and your national debt over there in the land of the "free"

Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    can only hope Obama do something about that Gun law. I'm willing to bet my balls that it would reduce the crime rate and unnatural death in America with atleast 30-40%
    That sounds great! Obama is so wonderful he can make criminals( people known for not following laws) abide by guns laws?
    Also he can make sure the police are at the scene of all crimes 100% of the time before any damage can be done to law abiding citizens and their hard earned property?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    More evidence that he wasn't in the right state of mind. Guy has been victimized multiple times in the past and now has been pushed to taking two lives. He was in an extremely fragile mental state and needs help. Everyone here baying for the blood of a 64 year old man whos life is now ruined no matter what happens should really take a hard look at themselves.

Only good out come here is this guy gets some mental help (jail isn't the correction option) and can go back to being a functioning member of society.
    Person with guns goes trigger happy and point blank executes a girl for no perceivable reason (or was she going to get up after having a few shots put into her chest and run off with his tv) should very expressly be removed from society. But don't hope for an insanity plea. His attempting to hide evidence afterword instead of calling an ambulance/police ruined that for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wvx View Post
    Keep in mind a couple of things :

1 - When in highschool everyone does stupid stuff , some more then others .
    2 - The girl apeared a couple of minutes after he already shot the boy ... 1 posibility is that she was outside waiting for him and she didn't hear the 2 gunshots , she knew he was unarmed so if she heard the gunshots (if she was inside the home) she would have probably guess her cousin was shot and would have run out ; when she saw he wasn't comming out she went inside to look for him , when she got near the staircase he shot her from the basement , she fell down the stairs ..... are you FUCKING telling me she would have laughed in that situation (down on the ground and a man with a gun pointed at her after being shot...) .... most probably she was either choking or coughing .
    3 - I am not against shooting robbers that deserve it , but what he did to the girl was an execution ... and NO SANE person would ever do that .
    4 - Being popular or not is irrelevant .
    I did stupid shit in high school too, but breaking and entering, come on. These 2 obviously weren't productive members of society if they break into peoples houses for funzies. One of them was 18, that is an adult, they should both have known better.

Where are you getting this story from? there is no way she didn't hear the gunshots. She was probably just in another part of the house. Whether she was laughing, or coughing, she is still awake and able to pull out a weapon, the laughing just made her sound like a sociopath.

I agreed that the girl could have lived, but I don't think this man should go to jail. He was just defending his home. If there were 2 people, who is to say there couldn't be a third? I would have killed both of them too, just to make sure if there was another person these 2 wouldn't be a problem.

I know being popular is irrelevant, but I think it's funny that that is what EVERYONE jumps to. "she was popular" "she was a role model" "the loved to make people smile" as if that means they can't break into peoples homes.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

I think the moral of the story is;
    If a person is well known to be a very crazy, gun-toting, trigger happy nervous pensioner: You probably shouldn't break in to their house repeatedly and corner them in the basement.

(alternatively, the moral could be: If you're going to break in to someones house and rob them, make sure you're young, white, and either are a girl or with a girl... then if you do get shot, you STILL won't get the blame and the media and police will actually care about you)
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Drud-addled youth try and rob an old man's home over the holidays and are made good. I can't tell you how many criminals getting 3 hots and a cot in jail deserve what these 2 got instead of living off our tax dollars. But yeah, they're "good students" and great kids I'm sure. Kudos to this guy for finishing these future psychopaths off.

All that said, guaranteed he gets a murder conviction because some liberal judge and jury will make him pay.
    The psychopath I see is that guy...
    And you I put under suspicion for it too....
    Someone who even applauds cold blooded murder is........ a psychopath? At least they have some serious social deficits.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    You seem to be as ignorant about American law and what can be done as I am about Scandinavian laws.
    Isnt it kinda cool when you refuse to dismiss laws that were created in 1776 by your founding fathers but condone the laws of other country which are just as stupid as the right to bear arms. In example islamic laws where you can stone a woman for showing her face or something. Even tho the latter laws go way back.

Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    You made no relevant points there that i agree with
    Fixed it for you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forum...s-self-defense

Very similar situation in terms of the execution mechanic. First degree murder.

Nothing in common, go to a law school.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe he did nothing wrong with the use of the gun to stop/kill them, as the law allows. Without knowing if they were armed or not, it's better to stop a burglar in his tracks and ask questions later rather than allow them to pull a piece on you.

I also believe, however, that he was in the wrong for the overkill. If the first shots killed or immobilized them, that's all that was necessary by the law. Anything more turned it into murder, and that's pretty much exactly what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by larrakeyah View Post
    Of course you have 0 knowledge: Mall Security, Gniral, ad666, Horkymon... have mercilessly demolished your pseudo-moral, legally absurd arguments.
    Really, I have a different recollection of this bunch of people who incorrectly cites the Minnesota castle law because they think the Wikipedia description is the same as the actual law; ignores scientific evidence to claim that gunshot victims are doomed to die, and argues that it wasn't murder because... he's not convicted yet? Or something.

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 02:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    I believe he did nothing wrong with the use of the gun to stop/kill them, as the law allows.
    No law allows him to kill them like this.

Quote Originally Posted by theandersc View Post
    I'm not saying my country is perfect, far from it. I'm just saying that the law that entitles you to shoot someone in your own apartment is wrong. And I can result in two young kids death. And when looking in this thread I can compare the mentality from these two countries, it just scares me, that so many people think it's okay. There's nothing more to say to it. (of course it's not representative, but it's what I got atm)
    I hope you all enjoy your guns and your national debt over there in the land of the "free"
    It baffles me that you think people shouldn't have the right to defend themselves or their property.

(If you think deadly force isn't permissible, then you think that no violence is permissible, since any violence carries the risk of death.... and if you think no violence is permissible, that means you think people in your home should have free reign until the police show up, assuming you're actually able to make a call for help and they get there in time.)

I think the guy in this case clearly went too far, but I don't understand what's so evil about defending yourself or your property.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by larrakeyah View Post
    Nothing in common, go to a law school.
    Pharmacist puts an invader down - ok with the law.
    Pharmacist goes around the counter and executes the person - first degree murder.

Do I need to do simple word replacement for you or is that good enough?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have time to read the full story but I think I got the gist of it.

If they broke into his home then he has a right to defend himself and his property. In the event of their deaths he should have called the police as soon as the crime occurred though. However I know this will be controversial so that's just my take.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forum...s-self-defense

Very similar situation in terms of the execution mechanic. First degree murder.
    He was charged because as the article states Prosecutors also said Ersland obviously did not think of the boy as a threat because he walked right over the boy and has his back to the boy as he gets the second gun. This is not the case here where he said he feared for his life so while similar they won't be able to prove that he did or didn't fear for his life.

Gun laws mean that it is illegal to buy guns (with exceptions), which means you need a license etc to get a gun. So yes, it would reduce crime, or at least the use of guns, as it makes them harder to acquire. And in the end, having someone's property stolen is a lot better then dealing with a double homicide, regardless of the fact that the people are guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Cite me the chapter, section and paragraph of the actual Minnesota statute.
    unfortunately the measure passed by votes of 40-23 in the Senate and 85-47 in the House, but was veto'd by the governor.
    this guy might be SOL. too bad for him, what he did would have been legal in over 50% of the states.
    Last edited by Sealed Shut; 2012-11-27 at 02:15 PM.

Person with guns goes trigger happy and point blank executes a girl for no perceivable reason (or was she going to get up after having a few shots put into her chest and run off with his tv) should very expressly be removed from society. But don't hope for an insanity plea. His attempting to hide evidence afterword instead of calling an ambulance/police ruined that for him.
    He was under great duress. Remember the head line a month ago about the girl strangling her new born and hiding the body? Did you think she should go to jail forever? People don't act rationally when under the kind of stress from taking a life. Just because he is old doesn't mean he is any different. In fact he has been victimized before and the law failed to protect him then, forcing his hand in this case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavril View Post
    He was charged because as the article states Prosecutors also said Ersland obviously did not think of the boy as a threat because he walked right over the boy and has his back to the boy as he gets the second gun. This is not the case here where he said he feared for his life so while similar they won't be able to prove that he did or didn't fear for his life.
    Alright, I'll play along. Tell me. If you are fearing for your life.... do you reach down, grab the threat thus tying up your hands, and drag her across the floor? Doesn't the fact that he physically touched and moved her, and willingly got that close before finishing her off, not seem a little bit wrong for the "it was self defense" act?

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 03:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    He was under great duress. Remember the head line a month ago about the girl strangling her new born and hiding the body? Did you think she should go to jail forever? People don't act rationally when under the kind of stress from taking a life. Just because he is old doesn't mean he is any different. In fact he has been victimized before and the law failed to protect him then, forcing his hand in this case.
    Sorry, vigilante justice isn't legal. Stop trying to think that the world is Batman.