Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Crit on everything.

Why does blizz keep putting crit on almost every Mail intellect item?
    I mean, neither elemental or resto values crit anymore than an old dog shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayeonz View Post
    Why does blizz keep putting crit on almost every Mail intellect item?
    I mean, neither elemental or resto values crit anymore than an old dog shit.
    Resto does, at least for now.

Items in the first tier of raiding aren't meant to be optimal. If every item had optimal stats, then all future upgrades would just be 'the same, but more of it'. Boring.

Furthermore, if there are bad items out there, then you'll appreciate the good ones more. Psychological stuff!

Deleted
    And Tier items need to have decent itemization compared to non tier.

Deleted
    Restoration benefits highly from Crit atm, because it triggers Resurgence and Ancestral Awakening.

Apparently Resto doesn't benefit from mana regen anymore.

resto gets plenty of benifit from crit and crit is far better for elemental in mop then previously

Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    Apparently Resto doesn't benefit from mana regen anymore.
    I'm assuming you mean Resto does not benefit from Resurgence, which is not true. Crits still give mana back if you have water shield up Resurgence

Deleted
    Both specs do benefit from crit and as said, resto value it highly. And while it's not Elemental's best stat (though in some cases it actually can be), crit is still very good for elemental now and is not to be snuffed at.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Items in the first tier of raiding aren't meant to be optimal. If every item had optimal stats, then all future upgrades would just be 'the same, but more of it'. Boring.

Furthermore, if there are bad items out there, then you'll appreciate the good ones more. Psychological stuff!
    Exactly.

Itemization and set bonuses in the first tier of an expansion are designed to be "meh". That way, as itemization and bonuses improve, you're not just thinking "woo, slightly higher item level". You're thinking "awesome, I get to dump some of this crit."

The OP's point is also pretty out of whack with the reality. There's a bunch of crit stuff, sure, but I only have two pieces of gear with crit on them, one of them being the sha-gem MH mace. You're not forced into a ton of crit gear.

Quote Originally Posted by HavocsCall View Post
    I'm assuming you mean Resto does not benefit from Resurgence, which is not true. Crits still give mana back if you have water shield up Resurgence
    you missed the sarcasm

Deleted
    Crit isn't bad for Ele either. It's still the worst stat but it's not far behind.

I heart crit as a resto shaman! Armory me - I stack it! I welcome any and all crit gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavalynn View Post
    I heart crit as a resto shaman! Armory me - I stack it! I welcome any and all crit gear.
    Same, Crit is very lovely. My fellow raid healers are always jealous when I have more mana still then them and ask for a Mana Tide, while I'm still at 70%. Mastery is very lovely, but I don't notice much of a difference when I reforge higher into it, while crit's always give mana back, is sweet. Also, means I can stack more stat+stat gems instead of pure spirit. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2751&e=3231

Quote Originally Posted by Cathina View Post
    Same, Crit is very lovely. My fellow raid healers are always jealous when I have more mana still then them and ask for a Mana Tide, while I'm still at 70%. Mastery is very lovely, but I don't notice much of a difference when I reforge higher into it, while crit's always give mana back, is sweet. Also, means I can stack more stat+stat gems instead of pure spirit. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2751&e=3231

no one stacks crit and holds 70% mastery the stats are not there yet to even do so
    - Lostep -

Quote Originally Posted by Biotics83 View Post
    no one stacks crit and holds 70% mastery the stats are not there yet to even do so
    70 percent mana not mastery notice the .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biotics83 View Post
    XD I was talking about my mana. I didn't say mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathina View Post
    Exactly. There's only a couple fights where I'd love to have more mastery (ex. 2-healing Garalon). I still have a comfortable amount of mastery though, so it's not like when people are low, I'm not hitting them with a decent heal. I'd rather lose 5%-10% in mastery and gain 5% crit (which is my rough calculation for the reforging I did) How I view it, people aren't sitting at low health for very long, so that would mean that crit is more beneficial over the long haul of a fight. Who knows, I may change things up a few bosses down the road, but for now, this is what works for me!

crit is number 1 for resto right now as you only need like 2 pieces of gear with haste and mastery on them to get to your soft caps. most of the gear out there right now is itemized torwards ele, especially the rep gear which had several pieces lacking spirit altogether.

Spirit/Crit is generally considered the best stat itemization for Resto. The main reasons why Crit is good for resto is.

1. With Ancestral Swiftness specced, the only obtainable haste threshold without stacking haste is automatic (only requires just over 800 haste). There is very little value in stacking haste past that threshold. The second haste threshold involves HTT/HST, and apparently totem duration thresholds are bugged.

2. There's no such thing as a mastery breakpoint. Why do people keep saying that? Mastery holds a linear value no matter how much mastery rating you add. You can in theory go above 100% mastery and still gain the same value, because it would just add more than 100% scaling healing.

3. In the majority of real world raid situations, Crit provides more throughput item point for item point than mastery. The breakpoint where Crit is more throughput than mastery is 64% for AOE healing and 44% for single target healing. The reality of most raid healing environments (especially 25 man) is that you seldom have people below those thresholds for a sustained period. Unless you are on a progression fight where people often sit below that threshold, Crit pulls ahead.

4. The extra mana regen stacking Crit gives from Resurgence is an additional bonus.