Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Should blizzard remove old 2man raid mechanics from outdated content?

So patch 5.1 is coming out today and we can finally enter raids on our own and try to solo them
    The only problem is that some encounters still require 2 players to complete. Apparently blizzard altered a vanilla encounter so it could be soloable.

Anyone think blizzard should remove the 2-man boss mechanics from old, outdated content
    ENTIRELY so players don't need to request assistance everytime they reach a certain point in the raid.

I mean if they are doing it for some raids why not most of them? RoS especially. -_-

I believe they have tweaked most 'impassible' old raid bosses. Mainly to allow people to more easily chase the new companion pets in the old raids.

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyboombat View Post
    I believe they have tweaked most 'impassible' old raid bosses. Mainly to allow people to more easily chase the new companion pets in the old raids.
    I heard it was only a few vanilla raid. I am not even sure they changed c'thun. Never heard of them altering RoS or half of Naxx, ulduar, etc

There is no comprehensive list for what changes they made to what bosses, we'll have to wait for live to find out. Maybe they changed a lot, maybe they changed a little.

That said, the amount of change they did make is almost certainly based on what can be done easily and in a short amount of time. Reworking old raids will -never- be high on the priority list, and they shouldn't be. If a boss can "doable" by changing a couple of timers or threshold numbers then it is not a big deal to do a quick change and a quick test. If a boss requires a significant amount of coding to be solo-friendly don't expect it will ever happen as it is just not important enough to devote the time.

If I could complete all of ulduar on normal I would be satisfied enough. Naxx andBT would be nice too! Never seen the inside of the so-called "greatest raid"

Here are known changes:http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/11/13/pa...s-made-easier/

Quote Originally Posted by whatthefudge View Post
    If a boss requires a significant amount of coding to be solo-friendly don't expect it will ever happen as it is just not important enough to devote the time.
    Would RoS require such heavy coding. I mean he is the only thing preventing players from steamrolling an easy solo.
    Last edited by TheEaterofSouls; 2012-11-27 at 05:32 PM.

Deleted
    "O no, I have to play with someone else in a MMO"

Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    "O no, I have to play with someone else in a MMO"
    Not gonna lie with you: "I am a very shy person. I was born that way if you know what I mean. " >.>

What's the problem with Naxxramas? I've soloed it several times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    I mean if they are doing it for some raids why not most of them? RoS especially. -_-
    Why's everyone always mentionning RoS?
    Most of the classes (at least 8 out of the 11 classes) can already solo this boss.
    The real impossible ones are Gunship, Dreamwalker (for non-healer/dk), Kalecgos (skippable), Razorgore (fixed)...

Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    Most of the classes (at least 8 out of the 11 classes) can already solo this boss.
    The real impossible ones are Gunship, Dreamwalker (for non-healer/dk), Kalecgos (skippable), Razorgore (fixed)...
    While possible, its still a major pain in the ass. Even for me, and I play a DK.

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 05:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    The only roadblock I'm aware of in naxx is gluth25, very hard to outheal those damn zombies.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    You're right, no problem with Naxx. Razuvious and Thaddius are probably the toughest to solo but still doable now.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post

The only roadblock I'm aware of in naxx is gluth25, very hard to outheal those damn zombies.
    Simplest fix. Just significantly reduce the zombies damage done.

(Anyone know if c'thun is soloable?)

15+ Year Old Account

Pull Ouro in the room with him, as soon as you are "devoured" Ouro will port you out and place you in front of him. Takes ages to kill him, but it's doable.

10+ Year Old Account

I think it was at some point, not sure if anymore. You had to pull Ouro with you to solo C'thun. When you were eaten, Ouro would teleport you right out of there, preventing the whole raid (you) from being in the stomach. Not quite sure if this was how it was done, but something like that.

Damn you Demetrion!

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I think it was at some point, not sure if anymore. You had to pull Ouro with you to solo C'thun. When you were eaten, Ouro would teleport you right out of there, preventing the whole raid (you) from being in the stomach. Not quite sure if this was how it was done, but something like that.
    Its a mechanic that prevents you evade bugging the boss, basically as soon as you go into the stomach ouro will pull you out cause you're not near him, though this way takes about 2 hours since c'thun has his 99% damage reduction shield up the whole time. Its easier to just grab another person and 2man it, it'll take a few mins at most.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

I really wouldn't care if they did or if they didn't. But part of me kinda believes that if a full raid of level-appropriate toons wanted to try and have a nostalgic experience, they could go and raid the old raids very similarly to back in the day, mechanic-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    In phase 2, RoS chains casts Spirit Shock, a 5-sec confuse. When I tried on my rogue, I was chain-confused until death, no dimishing returns. Now if someone knows how to get past this boss, let me know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscassey View Post
    In phase 2, RoS chains casts Spirit Shock, a 5-sec confuse. When I tried on my rogue, I was chain-confused until death, no dimishing returns. Now if someone knows how to get past this boss, let me know.
    I think pets can kill it for you, like shaman Fire Elemental. As a rogue, you are out of luck I believe.

Leeching poison, glyph of kick, glyph of shiv and preparation. Kick the first spirit shock, chain 2 Shadow cloaks for the next ones, kick the next one after that if is still alive. Shiv on CD, recuperate up, patience, practice and you will solo this boss with no problems each week. Rogues are all about control... RoS is a real test to that statement.

Deleted
    Rogues can solo RoS.