10+ Year Old Account

Question New Rogue Glyph Idea - Thoughts?

Major Glyph idea:

Your Kidney Shot now stuns for 4 seconds, but no longer costs combo points.

Would rogues like this?
    Professional's Guide to: Upgrading Your Computer
    Quote Originally Posted by OperationFerret View Post
    Legion PvP is so bad that Holinka is handing out titles for watching the arena championships.

Quote Originally Posted by Taiknee View Post
    Major Glyph idea:

Your Kidney Shot now stuns for 4 seconds, but no longer costs combo points.

Would rogues like this?
    Rogues would like it, other classes probably wouldn't in pvp. All it would really do though is speed up the process of diminishing returns.

How about KS doesn't cost CPs or energy because that's how essentially every other stun in the game is. Oh, and make it do damage too.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It has the same feel as most of the current glyphs, I'd buy one for pvp.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

Deleted
    Major glyph: KSp only hits your target.

I doubt they would give us something that generous. That would give us a warrior level of control, albeit on only one target. We wouldn't want to step on the warrior kit, after all..

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 04:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Draigars View Post
    Major glyph: KSp only hits your target.
    The craziest thing is that this ability is essentially a meteor cleave. Super frustrating!

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    How about KS doesn't cost CPs or energy because that's how essentially every other stun in the game is.
    You know, it's kind of odd that I never really though about this before. KS is a stun that has both a considerable resource cost AND a cooldown.

Strange that I never really thought about that before, I just sort of flowed with how it worked and never really questioned it.

I've an idea!!

Minor Glyph - Glyph of Dual-Wielding. You're offhands appearence takes on the appearance of your main hand weapon.

(perfect if you have to have a dagger off-hand or have different weapon types)

How about KS doesn't cost CPs or energy because that's how essentially every other stun in the game is. Oh, and make it do damage too.
    Come to think of it, you're dead right there. I'm kinda getting tired talking to the wall as far as discussions about Rogues and their current problems compared to other classes go tho.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post
    You know, it's kind of odd that I never really though about this before. KS is a stun that has both a considerable resource cost AND a cooldown.

Strange that I never really thought about that before, I just sort of flowed with how it worked and never really questioned it.
    No one ever thinks about it because everyone who's played for a long time is still stuck in a mentality that classes that were once OP continue to be so.
    Rogues were very powerful as a stun class early on in the game's history, because there were very few other stuns in the game, and we could chain CS into a KS for the longest possible stun, but that hasn't been the case in a very long time.

To begin with, ignoring CS (which requires stealth) Paladins have had equal stuns to us for a decently long time, followed by warriors, druids, mages, hunters, priests... etc, so that now, every class in the game has the same, or often more control than a rogue.

This is the primary problem with rogues as a whole. The class is extremely outdated. Tools that once bordered on overpowered (cloak of shadows, Cheat Death) are now worthless in comparison to abilities other classes have. Rogues were overtuned for such a long time in early wow, that we've had very little change over the course of the years as other classes have been buffed and revamped.

Now we're stuck as a class with three talent specs that all play out as the same thing with different levels of energy starvation and alternate ability names, talents that are either garbage in their current form (lol burst of speed at a cost of half our resource bar, cheat death) , or should be something we get baseline (lol talented poisons that don't stack, shadowstep, nightstalker), and horrible control and mobility thanks to a mentality that we're a powerful class, fostered by our out-of-whack scaling at the end of expansions.

Rogues need to be torn down and rebuilt on par with the other classes, just as warlocks, and to a lesser extent, balance druids, fire mages, and ret paladins were.

Until that happens, we will continue to be a poor imitation of warriors and feral druids.

/endrant

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Come to think of it, you're dead right there. I'm kinda getting tired talking to the wall as far as discussions about Rogues and their current problems compared to other classes go tho.
    A lot of the new abilities other classes have gotten over the years are improved versions of what we already had. It's a valid topic, but I agree: pretty much beaten to death at this point...

Kidney shot : costs energy AND combo points, stuns 1 target
    Shockwave : no cost, AE stun, 10yd range, 80k crits on PvP targets

Yup, everything is fine.