Failed to blacklist map

Anyone else getting this red error message when trying to downrate bgs? It still puts them as red, but on my screen it comes up with failed to blacklist map in red.

Deleted
    You can't blacklist a BG that's CtA, not sure if that was the case?

Deleted
    well in my case, i black listen the mines BG ( horrible...horrible bg) and i still get it as a random BG on my shaman ( yes i did it on my shaman.)

Quote Originally Posted by force18 View Post
    Anyone else getting this red error message when trying to downrate bgs? It still puts them as red, but on my screen it comes up with failed to blacklist map in red.
    Yeah I'm getting this as well. The thumbs down highlights red but I get the error message still.

Deleted
    Hmm unless it was the CtA BG, it makes no sense. Cause that's the only time you can't down vote a BG - or if you have more than 2 down voted already ofc. Could be a bug, did you try relogging?

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't want to necro but don't want to start more threads of the same issue so I chose this one and hope that was the right decision.

I also have this problem, constantly. The thumbs are there, I get this error message and I still can get the blacklisted BG's (yes, they are not CtA)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryonic View Post
    Don't want to necro but don't want to start more threads of the same issue so I chose this one and hope that was the right decision.

I also have this problem, constantly. The thumbs are there, I get this error message and I still can get the blacklisted BG's (yes, they are not CtA)

hm mine is saying failed to blacklist map, and puts the red hand next to it, and ive never got a BG that ive black listed so i guessed it was working and just showing some fake error.

Found a fix for this:

1. Blacklist whatever 2 BG's you want to blacklist (mine are IoC and AV/SotA).
    2. Get "failed to blacklist bla bla" error.
    3. do a /reloadui
    4. Uncheck the 2 BG's, and check them again - this time you WONT get the "failed.." error, and you WONT get into the blacklisted BG's
    5. Profit.

Deleted
    After my initial posts, I got the issue myself. The part about ticking them, unticking and ticking them again isn't working. I thought it was my UI but guildies with same UI don't have the issue. Then I'm thinking it must be an add-on. Will try the reload thing.

I opened a ticket some time ago, cause I started getting the issue right after 5.1. The reply I got was "We're aware of the problem".....

I just uncheck them and re-check them when it happens, never have a problem.

Remember the /reloadui -between- checking and unchecking and then checking again