Was Mindbender Buffed in 5.1?

Well, was it? I see nothing about it in the 5.1 patch notes but I recall reading about its mana return being buffed.

Deleted
    It was a hotfix wasnt it ?

Anyway, the talent is pure fucking shit. It's supposed to deal more damage, but on players it deals the same amount as the Shadowfiend.

It just got it's tooltip fixed, mindbender was always returning 1.46% mana per hit since mop launch there was no buff whatsoever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    It just got it's tooltip fixed, mindbender was always returning 1.46% mana per hit since mop launch there was no buff whatsoever.
    There was something with an increase to 2.0, or 1.76 or something i believe.

Quote Originally Posted by verba View Post
    It was a hotfix wasnt it ?

Anyway, the talent is pure fucking shit. It's supposed to deal more damage, but on players it deals the same amount as the Shadowfiend.
    Mindbender has a lower CD, cast more often, higher DPS over a course of a fight. This is more constant damage, not burst damage.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twintop View Post
    Mindbender has a lower CD, cast more often, higher DPS over a course of a fight. This is more constant damage, not burst damage.
    It's not worth it either way, unless you're a healer and need more mana.

You are incredibly incorrect. On single target fights (especially high movement), MB is competitive with FDCL if not better. On multiple target fights, it is best by a landslide if you're in a very high movement situation.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    Hydra made a nice comparison between the two talents for in PvP (which also applies to PvE, but without the chance of hits being wasted)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuU-yd7vNqM&feature=g-u

Quote Originally Posted by Twintop View Post
    Probably cuz Mindbender/Fiend are pretty bursty already in PvP. They melee for about 30K non-crit in PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't agree with this, Mindbender hits for very high ammounts. FDCL sometimes never procs for me during a whole VT, and in those cases, I would much rather have the MB.

Deleted
    mindbender is just fine. but i agree, tooltip was a bit random before