Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Wintersday is coming!

The next patch which includes the holiday event which will run from December 14 through January 3rd.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-ga...december-2012/
    Valar morghulis

Was the best GW1 event.

I still hoard my candy canes in GW1. The other day my husband wanted a CC and I hesitated wasting it on him. Too valuable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Was the best GW1 event.

I still hoard my candy canes in GW1. The other day my husband wanted a CC and I hesitated wasting it on him. Too valuable.
    LOL!! Fencers i'm the same exact way!! My mesmer is the keeper of the mini pets.... and the candycanes... no one will take my precious!!

AND WOOT!! Right after finals end!! BOOYAH BABY!!

Before Tixx arrives in Lion’s Arch in his massive airship toy workshop
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

One of my favorite holiday events (although really, almost all of the events ArenaNet did for GW1 were great).

15+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait. Starts right off my last workday for this year! Also longer specials event mean also more time to fix bugs which will eventually be happening (a very positive thing from a programmer's POV!).
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Also, PVP snowball fights are going be a living hell if they are like the food fight from Halloween. :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, PVP snowball fights are going be a living hell if they are like the food fight from Halloween. :<
    Fencers you of all people should know that wasn't a food fight but was infact Costume Brawl!! (god i love costume brawl in both RL and Tyria...) I'm excited to see how they'll implement snowball fights!!
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

I didn't do much food fighting during Halloween...but it seems to me a simple solution to total chaos (if that's what the food fight was) is make it require being in a (readily-available) costume/town clothes (make it so you need mittens/winter coat or something) to participate (both attacking and being attacked). Or do like GW1 and have a snowball fight arena...better yet, do both, so you can have a free-for-all(-participating) globally, and a PvP/rated snowball fight arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

I wonder how different it will be. I mean the gods are basically gone right? So there won't be the Grenth versus Dwayna battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Fencers you of all people should know that wasn't a food fight but was infact Costume Brawl!! (god i love costume brawl in both RL and Tyria...) I'm excited to see how they'll implement snowball fights!!
    At the food tables? I thought that was food fight. I just sorta spammed F for a few minutes. I didn't really understand what was happening...

10+ Year Old Account
    At the food tables? I thought that was food fight. I just sorta spammed F for a few minutes. I didn't really understand what was happening...
    That was just something the Mad King outfit could spawn... it was part of the costume brawl essentially what the witch and mad king costumes did was they had an ability that brought people into the brawl (mad kings was a food fighting table witch was a cauldron that turned you into an animal) making it so people who -didn't/don't- have costumes to be able to participate, however they'd be at a disadvantage due to the costume provided by the cauldron being temporary thus leaving them open for a bit when it ends and then the food table not even giving you a costume (granted you become immune to costume brawl damage and can dish out a lot of it while using it)

I played A LOT of costume brawl..... kinda bad that majority of my Halloween experience was running around the town as a witch throwing bats at people xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    I played A LOT of costume brawl..... kinda bad that majority of my Halloween experience was running around the town as a witch throwing bats at people xD
    Just sayin'

http://i.imgur.com/HNhzb.jpg
    Valar morghulis

Very excited, looks like there will be a lot more days to play this one and I cannot wait to see what else they will be adding. Also want another wallpaper for my screen saver, guess the toy ship will have to do before they release an official one!

Also another note if you look on that page you can also see "January 2013 Coming Soon" so looks like they're going to try and keep up with the monthly updates which is very exciting!
    Excited

You're a mean one... Mr. Grenth.

I wonder if we see something more about the Human Gods. Since the Avatar of Dwayna and Grenth always had a little "showdown".

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    You're a mean one... Mr. Grenth.

I wonder if we see something more about the Human Gods. Since the Avatar of Dwayna and Grenth always had a little "showdown".
    I doubt it, because a major theme of GW2 (both readily apparent and stated by the devs) is the absence of the human gods, since apparently around the time of Nightfall/shortly thereafter. I would highly doubt they would so quickly reintroduce them (I believe one of the devs said it's unlikely we'll ever see them, and particularly in the near future), though it might be interesting if they slowly bring them back over the course of the game -- or have those 2 reappear suddenly during a (future) wintersday.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    I doubt it, because a major theme of GW2 (both readily apparent and stated by the devs) is the absence of the human gods, since apparently around the time of Nightfall/shortly thereafter. I would highly doubt they would so quickly reintroduce them (I believe one of the devs said it's unlikely we'll ever see them, and particularly in the near future), though it might be interesting if they slowly bring them back over the course of the game -- or have those 2 reappear suddenly during a (future) wintersday.
    False, avatar of Dwayna and Grenth are already in game, go to either of their shrines an /kneel and one of their avatars will appear that you can talk to, it would not surprise me if the avatars (which already have models) will show up.

Deleted

Ah, Halloween, how I miss thee.

This will be my first ever Winters Day. Nice to see them expanding on the event period tho. Also that Airship/golem blimp looks amazing. I hope we can go inside it for like a dungeon or somthing.

Ah I'm so excited for this! I love Winter and Christmas and Wintersday just sounds awesome! I hope it is even more epic than Halloween was!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm don't think i ever saw this event on GW1 mainly cause i don't recall playing GW1 on Christmas season.