Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If you are on a pve server you gotta watch who you kill so not to flag yourself for PVP

I managed to do my dailies on the PTR without ever flagging myself for pvp

It could be a huge bug regarding who gets flagged and why

Quote Originally Posted by Demec View Post
    It is a outdoor PvP thingy... you are supposed to fight against other players.
    From what I see there are not quests that require you to kill opposite faction players. Guards yes, players no. So it really isnt PvP. Of course Blizzard has made it that way since everything is really crowded and possibly flagging people automatically on PvE servers. Right now its impossible for horde on my server to get anything done with these quests unless you like dying dozens of times just to get 1 part of a quest done. It would be interesting if the sides were balanced but too many people have transfered to Alliance on my server along with a lot of alliance server transfers so Horde is screwed.

Along with the WG change I might just have to transfer to a horde server now. Basically if I cant do the new content or solo VoA because Alliance control all the PvP zones its a pretty big deal for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chirri View Post
    Honestly, I'm not entirely certain how I got flagged for PVP - there are flagged NPCs about, so I assume I may have stray tab-targeted one at some point but I could have sworn I was careful after I noticed them (didn't flag me when I noticed, just thought, "Huh, guess I'll be careful"). Went inside, carefully targeted stuff to attack, and somehow I was flagged. A group of the opposite faction were whirling through the area tearing up the random flagged enemy.

Next time I got flagged, I'd killed an NPC (single target dmg), wasn't flagged. Knelt down to loot, and suddenly I was flagged. No idea how that happened. No idea why there should be a delay between killing something and me getting flagged. I wasn't even healing anyone. Obliterated by the camping enemy.

Tip toed back, unflagged, and attacked only three NPCs for my quest, and was fine. Flagged enemies continued to circle on flying mounts up above.

It wouldn't be a big deal to me, I don't mind having to be careful about what I target to fight, but at the very least the getting flagged in the middle of looting just sort of confuses the hell out of me.
    That's the thing... I don't mind getting killed once or twice, I was on a pvp server in vanilla but I switched when my GF started playing, she couldn't stand it.
    I love a "good" fight, it's clean fun.

What I don't like is a group of horde waiting on you to attack an NPC then gang-rape you. That's not a "good" fight, it's lame and when you do it 6 times in a row, it's borderline greifing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by malbojia View Post
    I cancelled 2 of my 3 accounts and you may not give a fuck but you can bet your ass Blizz gives a fuck...
    Probably they should stop giving a fuck. That way all the QQers will be gone and we can have some cool stuff added to the game instead of nerfs and boredom.

Isn't that the whole point of the patch? War between Alliance and Horde = actually seeing and even fighting members of the opposite faction?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

While doing these quests earlier today I managed to get PvP flagged without noticing (on a PvE server). I went about my business as usual, even AFK'd a few times in the middle of completing the quests and no single Horde player seemed to care. Might just be bad luck that you got chased around, OP.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Isn't that the whole point of the patch? War between Alliance and Horde = actually seeing and even fighting members of the opposite faction?
    PvE focused people don't exactly like to actually pvp irl people controlling there chars who actually know what there doing ( Most of the time )

Just sayin

Honestly, I'm not entirely certain how I got flagged for PVP - there are flagged NPCs about, so I assume I may have stray tab-targeted one at some point but I could have sworn I was careful after I noticed them (didn't flag me when I noticed, just thought, "Huh, guess I'll be careful"). Went inside, carefully targeted stuff to attack, and somehow I was flagged. A group of the opposite faction were whirling through the area tearing up the random flagged enemy.

Next time I got flagged, I'd killed an NPC (single target dmg), wasn't flagged. Knelt down to loot, and suddenly I was flagged. No idea how that happened. No idea why there should be a delay between killing something and me getting flagged. I wasn't even healing anyone. Obliterated by the camping enemy.

Tip toed back, unflagged, and attacked only three NPCs for my quest, and was fine. Flagged enemies continued to circle on flying mounts up above.

It wouldn't be a big deal to me, I don't mind having to be careful about what I target to fight, but at the very least the getting flagged in the middle of looting just sort of confuses the hell out of me.
    Mm, sounds like this could possibly be an unintended bug that made it to live, and sounds like it might be related to AE looting. Ticket and put as much info as you can into it and with enough feedback - people are perfectly entitled to either like or dislike new content and what it asks of players - it'll eventually get hotfixed.

Much as I like story entwined quests, there should be no real reason to flag players for anything other than attacking a) major npcs (guards, vendors, citizens and other faction alligned mobs) b) attacking a faction city and c) another flagged player if you are on a PvE server.

I play on a PvP server; that is my choice, and I enjoy world PvP. I'm sure players on PvE servers quite enjoy the choice whether or not they want to be flagged; that's why they rolled on a PvE server and it defeats the purpose if the choice is taken away from them.

Don't listen to the people here telling you are crying over nothing. Ticket and feedback your concerns if you don't like it in a constructive way. There should, at the very least, be warnings on quests that tell you that you run a direct risk against clashing with the opposing faction players and it will flag your character.

I love PvP. I love world PvP. I love decent faction vs. faction conflict in content. But what I also love is fair play and watching the arse-hats who think that ganking solo PvE'ers with about five thousand lifetime kills in CRZ groups because they couldn't hack it on their own servers not get their own way of lol'ing over killing a bunch of solo players who didn't have much of a choice due to a buggy daily hub or despite their choice of playing on a PvE server is just that.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

If you're on a PVE server you don't even have to flag yourself to do ANY of the dailies. Hell, you can go kill NPC's INSIDE the alliance keep and it won't flag you.

So, no, you don't have to PvP to do these dailies if you don't want to.

It has to be a bug

the only reason you should be pvp flagged is if you wanna capture the GY, Tower etc not by killing no name npcs as part of the dailies

Honestly I would reroll to a PVP server if I didn't already have a gillion friends on both factions on my current server. Maybe when they all quit...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by malbojia View Post
    I cancelled 2 of my 3 accounts and you may not give a fuck but you can bet your ass Blizz gives a fuck...
    I highly doubt they care that much.

Ever since some point in WotLK, PvP flagging started to get more and more annoying on PvE servers. Started with introduction of pvp flagging when flying over any opposite faction village (you only got autoflag when entering enemy capital city), then they made it on auto when you get attacked by PvP flagged NPCs, and intricate interacting with with allies NPCs (e.g., by splash heals) or with medium like non-flagged mob attacked by other faction player (e.g., by taunting some of such mobs you get PvP flag).
    The whole point of game is PvE. PvP is just bonus activity with dedicated servers if someone is really into it. Pushing this minor aspect of the game in the face of everyone is bad move. Europe doesn't have patch up yet, so I can't really judge, but if these new dailies do indeed involve you in PvP either directly or indirectly (as I described above) - it will add to backfire, which is already coming soon, after MoP release and expiring APs which played big role in making picture look good.

I'm so glad I found this thread ... was thinking of resubbing to check out the new stuff. If getting flagged PVP is mandatory, there's no way, no how I'm going anywhere near that. I'll just wait and see if there's some kind of bug, or if that's really Blizz's intent.

Cannons inside the Horde Keep will knock you off your flying mount and flag you. If you stay on the ground, you should be fine (and yeah, watch who you're hitting too).

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    It's simple. Don't attack enemy players. If you just attack the NPCs you will not be flagged. It's your own fault.

There is some kind of bug going on. I wasn't even attacking anything trying to grab/destroy crates and I was getting flagged.

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 09:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    PvE focused people don't exactly like to actually pvp irl people controlling there chars who actually know what there doing ( Most of the time )

Just sayin

I suck at pvp.

I hate pvp.

I will flat out refuse to do any PvE content that makes me PvP. ( which is why are 5 years I don't have any holidays done. )
    I wish they wouldn't try and mix the two but oh well.
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2012-11-28 at 02:42 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    There is some kind of bug going on. I wasn't even attacking anything trying to grab destroy crates and I was getting flagged.

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 09:40 PM ----------

I suck at pvp.

I hate pvp.

I will flat out refuse to do any PvE content that makes me PvP. ( which is why are 5 years I don't have any holidays done. )
    I wish they wouldn't try and mix the two but oh well.
    World of Warcraft. Sorry buddy, if you hate it so much then just let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by Needonboots View Post
    What you're describing isn't "griefing".
    lets sum things up shall we?
    playing on a pvp server, doesn't like pvp interrupting his dailies.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    The expansion is about war. The entire concept is unfortunately moot if they can't blur the lines between PvE and PvP.

Don't get me wrong, I totally understand some people's need to roll on a PvE server. I myself have always played on a PvP server even though im not the best or really into PvP. But I like the concept of the world feeling threatening, and you just can't get that on a PvE server imo.

There's always the option to not do this questline, but I bet thats not really an 'option' for a lotta people as they love the lore and story and wanna see it.

Its a drop in the bucket, and blizz's first time trying to meld Pve and Pvp to actually tell a story...I welcome it.
    TBH, they should first at least do attempts at balancing server populations before they hand more world pvp out... 50% of the servers are at a 2:1 ratio or worse A:H or H:A, as someone on a 1:4 A:H ratio server as horde, I'm getting rather tired of this open world content tbh.

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 03:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    Does not play on a PvP server. Learn to read the post please.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    This thread is about people on pve servers who have no wish to get flagged for pvp but for some reason its tagging people while they are doing there dailies

The only reason you should be tagged for PVP is if you wish to capture objectives that help questing easier such as the GY, Tower etc those are optional

This is not how it worked on the PTR and expect to see it get hotfixed