Page 38 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MossEs View Post
    Mods from WarZ have come forward saying the game is a blatant rip off, There will never been any vehicles, Wildlife and weather cycles, and they already have plans to abandon the game within 6 moths..
    yeah, sure... proofs about that being oficial? Because the only thing that comes to my mind is the hack of one of the mods account on the forum and start deleting a lot of threads (i dont know if they created any "troll-thread"), and trolling people.

Have they announced the date for a wipe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenion View Post
    Have they announced the date for a wipe?
    November 30th! and I believe in the content patch before that the civilian weapons are added and made to be more common than the military grade ones.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    Patch Notes For Today:

You can now create clans and have a clan chat in game. You can switch to the clan chat with F3.
    The entire map is now available.
    Misc engine optimizations.
    Added some memory optimizations.
    A language filter has been implemented for chat.
    Player names can only contain alphanumerical characters.
    Zombies now properly react to barricades.
    You can now see the amount of xp you get when killing Zombies.
    Fixed some Zombie AI issues.
    Fixed some crash issues.
    Fixed a bug that allowed you to bind the windows and Esc keys.
    Fixed a bug that allowed you to bind the same key to multiple actions.
    Fixed bug that left the scope up when switching to
    Fixed a bunch of animations.
    Fixed the disconnecting bug.
    Fixed a bug where grass was not showing up while zoomed in with Scopes, Binoculars, and Range Finder.
    Fixed bugs with the chat that allowed size and color changes.
    Should note that apparently it takes 1000 GC to create a clan so me and many others are SOL since the devs said to freely spend it and there was no mention of it having a cost.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm rather surprised that you have to pay to create a clan using GC but the fact you have a clan only chat seems worth it.

Keep in mind they have to earn money somehow and being able to have a clan chat is more of a luxury than necessity and if it proves to be too much you can simply use mumble/skype/team speak or ventrillo.

I'm excited to go home and explore the last part of the map for new items

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    I'm rather surprised that you have to pay to create a clan using GC but the fact you have a clan only chat seems worth it.

Keep in mind they have to earn money somehow and being able to have a clan chat is more of a luxury than necessity and if it proves to be too much you can simply use mumble/skype/team speak or ventrillo.

So its free to play - ?

lol pay to win

So its free to play - ?

lol pay to win
    Erm, while I'm not sure of the specifics, how is that "winning"? And please say you're not one of those, "All f2p games are p2w!" people, because I'm getting tired of people who completely reject reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    So its free to play - ?

lol pay to win
    Not sure the point of just highlighting one part, just to emphasize that any company needs to earn money?
    They do need to live...
    How it is pay to win in anyway from that mentioning?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Not sure the point of just highlighting one part, just to emphasize that any company needs to earn money?
    They do need to live...
    Highlight part where is says- Have to earn money some how, The game costs up to AAA prices for less contents than an Ethiopians pantry..

They could remove the zombies and I don't thing the player base would notice for a few day

Deleted
    1st of i attempted to stay out of this topic but got a bit confused here

So its free to play - ?

lol pay to win
    Since when is it F2p? Last time i checked you need to buy the game.

Deleted
    I'll post this here. For the record, I was debating whether to buy the game or not, and really want a Zombie game like DayZ + WarZ. However;

http://www.rhinocrunch.com/forum/gen...z?limitstart=0

I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with DayZ after reading this, as well as the Reddit thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/commen..._game_thewarz/

edit: this isn't to incite some WarZ hate, I just think people should be aware before purchasing. If it was DayZ being thrown under the bus, I would post exactly the same.
    Last edited by mmoc2bcebb3185; 2012-11-28 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    I'll post this here. For the record, I was debating whether to buy the game or not, and really want a Zombie game like DayZ + WarZ. However;

I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with DayZ after reading this, as well as the Reddit thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/commen..._game_thewarz/

edit: this isn't to incite some WarZ hate, I just think people should be aware before purchasing. If it was DayZ being thrown under the bus, I would post exactly the same.
    Rhinocrunch is nothing more then a hardcore DayZ fanboy. I wouldn't take anything he says seriously. If you have patients, I would suggest The Dead Linger. It's still in very very early alpha and has a long way to go, but in the end it will be the best zombie survival game. Don't be put off by the graphics, again it's in early alpha and the graphics are just place holders. Just some key features for The Dead Linger. Randomly generated earth sized worlds. Interact with any object you see and enter any building you see. When I say interact with every object, I mean you can literally pick up a piece of wood on the ground and nail it to a door. There will be vehicles such as cars, boats, and aircraft. Single player mode and online mode.
    Last edited by AdrianCC100; 2012-11-28 at 02:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Hmm an ex employee with a grudge and rhino crunch the biggest day z fanby going...not sure those are the 2 greatest candidates for a fair opinion on the game. That being said, I am not believing half the stuff we've been told about this game, keep waiting for that killer patch but right now each one is just not improving the game that much.

10+ Year Old Account

That guy was a forum mod.... there is no way he would know any of that stuff (even if it was true). He is just mad that his account got hacked and WarZ decided not to keep him as a mod because of his stupidity.

Rhinocrunch was the same guy who had "proof" that the WarZ was a complete fake. Well now we are all playing it.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2012-11-28 at 03:26 PM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

I've seen a few of his (Rhino's) vids and read a few of his reddit posts. He's terrible. I've yet to see any evidence on his part to support any of his claims, and as Adrian said, he seems to be more of a hardcore DayZ guy (check his YouTube for further evidence, or his post history on reddit) with a grudge against another game.

Redit: Just read the forum post...volunteer mods on sites like that don't get to know about the development of the game in any depth or detail. He just sounds upset that they removed him as a mod, then got forum banned when he raged about it on the forums. His claims of banning his account as well seem kinda sketchy, but if they did do it, that's pretty bad.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-11-28 at 03:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not even sure if you can call this guy a DayZ fanboi based on one of his comments:

Look how early this game is in Development, a true developer would NEVER release a game that currently has no objective rather than pointlessly running around for hours on hours collecting soup cans.
    Doesnt seem like he gets the point of these games at all and Im sure WarZ has way more developed content to follow than DayZ does.

If you are in certain proximity of your clan mate, you can see blue arrow on top of their character.

10+ Year Old Account
    New update went out today on what they plan to do:

1. Wipe
    As we're moving toward Foundation Release ( which most likely will be at same time we'll launch game on Steam ) we'll do a wipe - most likely this weekend. You'll get back all GC you bought as part of the packages, you'll also get some extra free GC as our thank you for being early players. Most likely you'll have all in game characters unlocked for - once again - our present to you guys! We also thinking about giving our some "zombie survival kits" - set of items necessary to start over surviving in a zombie world.

2. New way of buying game. New packages
    As we've said before - we want our early adopters to feel special - so we decided that we'll stop selling Survivor, Pioneer packages ( Legend's sales are over for good now, with about 500 or so keys are still available at retail Gamestop locations around USA ). Instead we'll offer number of "unnamed" packages that doesn't offer any recognition ingame, or doesn't unlock any characters from the start, etc. Only difference between packages will be the amount of GC you get.

3. New Antihack
    New antihack is coming. I think it'll happen around mid-end of December - new system is relying on analyzing players patterns and reacting upon them. It's pretty complex system running on separate server, and we hope it will let us to replace existing system - that still most of the time ( is wallhack or ESP is used ) rely on humans to ban cheaters - which can take day or two. Once again - we'll become slightly more secure in our never ending fight with hackers.

4. Steam release
    Okay this one is simple - game will become available on Steam. We also exploring ways for existing users to link game to their Steam accounts - nothing to report there yet, but we're working on this.

5. GC Sale
    Yes you'll be able to buy GC after wipe!

6. New features roadmap.
    Okay this one will be more like "wishlist" - it's based on Hammerpoint's internal development plan, but as always something may come up - new hacks, other things that will slow us down. So please take this more like a guidelines, not hard promises:

Foundation Release ( December 2012 )
    - Clans
    - Friends
    - Leaderboards
    - Server rentals
    - New set of building blocks ( aka barricades and USABLE objects like hydroponics systems )
    - Call for help functionality
    - Accessing your inventory from Safe Settlement without loging out of the game
    - Accessing Store from Safe Settlement without loging out of the game
    - .22 cal guns - rifles, pistols
    - More cool melee weapons
    - Better use of ballistic helmets, armor vests.
    - Flare guns ( okay we had it for a while, but just didn't released it to you guys yet )
    - Better weight system
    - Option to turn on crosshairs in TPS

Still December 2012, but maybe moved to January '13
    - "Safe" or "Locker" items - allows you to safely store items anywhere on the map ( think of DayZ's tents, but working properly ). Two types - one with 4-5 digits PIN lock, other with no lock at all
    - Map adjustments - even more walkable places - mountains, hills, some tweaks on textures, more enterable buildings, more stuff, new types of trees, etc. Lighting tweaks.
    - New characters
    - New survival items ( energy tonics to replenish Stamina, meds, etc )
    - Tear Gas ( yes this is why you'll want gas masks )
    - More civilian weapons

January-February 2013
    - 5-6 stronghold maps to be added to the game
    - Driveable Vehicles
    - Melee fist fights
    - Player defined missions !

March 2013
    - Better Medic system
    - Potentially ( okay POTENTIALLY is a keyword ) - weapons crafting

June - August 2013
    - New Map ! One that will be probably 4 times bigger than current Colorado map
    - 5-6 more stronghold maps
    Kinda sad how long we'll be waiting for new maps and such, but nice to see a general game plan!

UPDATE:
    Okay guys, you've asked us to change how clans are being created - and we've listened.

1) Clans creation will be free. We probably will put restriction on time you need to play before you'll be able to create Clan, but basic clan creation will be free.

2) Default Clan size will be 10-20 members - enough for most folks to play with their friends.

3) Additional clan slots will be sold in increments of 20 members. Price is TBD. I personally feel it should be like $5-7
    Last edited by Treeskee; 2012-11-28 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Clans update

Thanks again for the patch notes Tree

There is a large gap in maps but if they do manage to release 5-6 stronghold maps by February then you'll be very occupied with that until we get more.

Crafting weapons = awesome

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 08:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Onaturi View Post
    Since when is it F2p? Last time i checked you need to buy the game.
    You purchase the game once think of it as GW2, purchase the game once and any fee's after that are optional, they provide public servers and updates which is funded from people renting a server for themselves or buying food in the micro-transaction store. Some people try to make out to be as pay to win when it really isn't since it gives you no gameplay edge over someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    They do need to live...
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Erm, while I'm not sure of the specifics, how is that "winning"? And please say you're not one of those, "All f2p games are p2w!" people, because I'm getting tired of people who completely reject reality.
    My thanks for posting on my behalf
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-11-28 at 09:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You purchase the game once and from there it's F2P
    That's called buy to play, free to play does not mean the lack of a subscription but the lack of a cost to play the game. I realise you're responding to someone else's claim that it's F2P, just seen a lot of people call it that and yours is the most recent post .
    Last edited by Nirawen; 2012-11-28 at 08:54 PM.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.