Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanani View Post
    I hate swedish because its unnecessary language for us and I dont really like swedish language at all. Finns do infact have a real reason to hate swedes, just look at history. Swedish is like a mix of german and english and it sounds really boring to me as I already know english. We have our own beautiful language that we should care about, not our neighbour's language.

If you truly consider yourself finnish you wont teach your kids swedish, only finnish. If you however do teach them swedish too, then fine. Just dont make everyone else learn your stupid language even if they dont want to.

Many people, me included would have liked to learn another language BUT we were forced to learn swedish instead and many people arent ready to learn 4 languages at once (finnish, english, swedish, the language you chose). Dont tell me you can learn fourth language on top of all this, we have enough school work without extra language. Its funny how you people cling to sweden and cant let go. Its 2012 already.
    Well, there's obviously a lot of people who only know Swedish in Finland because their relatives haven't learned anything else than Finnish. I can understand removing Swedish from mandatory Finnish education, but forcing people to learn Finnish and effectively removing Swedish from villages that has spoken Swedish for centuries (literally) just sounds wrong.

And there's seriously no need to insult our language.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VelmuVeera View Post
    WAlso, why not teach ones kids two languages if it's possible and it has been researched that talking 2 or more languages as a mother tongue improves some parts of the brain, so I don't really find any downsides of that either.
    Because forcing elementary school aged kids to learn 3 languages simultaneously is beyond retarded.

Nokia ... thats it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    English might be useful to learn, swedish not so much.
    Learning Swedish supports English at least a little bit and just being bilingual according to some researches increases your cognitive skills in your brain which can't be a bad thing at least http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/18/op...f=general&_r=0

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 02:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Because forcing elementary school aged kids to learn 3 languages simultaneously is beyond retarded.
    I didn't mean pakkoruotsi, I meant the parents learning two languages to their kid when they are small.

Deleted
    I didn't mean pakkoruotsi, I meant the parents learning two languages to their kid when they are small.
    Ahh my bad, apologizes. This is definitely worth it, and I intend, if I manage to grab me a missus and have children, to teach them 2 languages before going to school. So much easier to be bilingual if it's been done starting from the cradle.

Thanks to Marco Heitala's brother, I know how to properly call someone a "fucking hippie" if I ever find myself in Finland. Though.....that's probably not gonna get me too far, besides maybe getting me my ass kicked.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2012-11-28 at 03:41 AM.

Deleted
    Learning Swedish supports English at least a little bit and just being bilingual according to some researches increases your cognitive skills in your brain which can't be a bad thing at least http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/18/op...f=general&_r=0

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 02:07 AM ----------

More like english supports learning other languages. In reality only people who are bilingual are fennoswedes (5%) even if you like to think finland is bilingual country it is not. 5% of its population is bilingual and 95% are simply forced to learn the language 5% of the population speaks. Then you wonder why people hate you and your language. Ill give you a tip; its because its being forced down their throats. Its no use trying to reason with fennoswedes. You love swedish way too much and arent ready to let go of it. All you people do is hold finland back and make sure finland will always be sweden's underdog. What baffles me the most is that you fennoswedes get some kind of weird satisfaction from forcing swedishness to finns and I find it insulting as a finn. You wont understand. Youre not a finn.
    Last edited by mmoc614b31b9c1; 2012-11-28 at 12:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    Winter war was Finland vs soviets. WW2 just happened to happen at the same time.
    Finland signed the pact against USSR. UK declared war on Finland. Finland had garissoned german troops on it. It was in WW2, it was an Axis country. You can't argue against this.

If you say they weren't in WW2 simply because they fought USSR mostly, I can say Japan wasn't in WW2 since they fought USA and China mostly but didn't care about UK, France, USSR and the rest.

Deleted
    More like english supports learning other languages. In reality only people who are bilingual are fennoswedes (5%) even if you like to think finland is bilingual country it is not. 5% of its population is bilingual and 95% are simply forced to learn the language 5% of the population speaks. Then you wonder why people hate you and your language. Ill give you a tip; its because its being forced down their throats. Its no use trying to reason with fennoswedes. You love swedish way too much and arent ready to let go of it. All you people do is hold finland back and make sure finland will always be sweden's underdog. What baffles me the most is that you fennoswedes get some kind of weird satisfaction from forcing swedishness to finns and I find it insulting as a finn. You wont understand. Youre not a finn.
    He said he doesn't care if Swedish is removed from Finnish school.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    And one of them is only spoken by 10 out of 7000 million people. It is as retarded as if every Swedish would have to learn Arabic because 5 % of population are immigrants speaking it.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you rape someone, you get a ticket or conditional.

If you burn down a church, you're going to jail. For a very long time!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkis View Post
    Decent cheese, outdated cellphones, ascii language, lovely scenery.
    LMAO
    Last edited by Kuja; 2012-11-28 at 01:29 PM.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    And there's seriously no need to insult our language.
    Huh? That's like saying "don't insult my house." Some languages simply sound stupid to some people and that's really are there is to it. I'm not saying Swedish is among them for me, but for example, i hate German, Spanish and French from the bottom of my soul.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentStocket View Post
    And one of them is only spoken by 10 out of 7000 million people. It is as retarded as if every Swedish would have to learn Arabic because 5 % of population are immigrants speaking it.
    Good comparison actually. Also it could be argued that even russian would be more beneficial to learn in schools here than swedish.

Quote Originally Posted by Willeonge View Post
    Doing my best to drink as much as I can.
    4 cups a day for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Huh? That's like saying "don't insult my house." Some languages simply sound stupid to some people and that's really are there is to it. I'm not saying Swedish is among them for me, but for example, i hate German, Spanish and French from the bottom of my soul.
    Doesn't mean you have to say it's stupid when he knows there are many Swedes around.

Then you wonder why people hate you and your language. Ill give you a tip; its because its being forced down their throats. Its no use trying to reason with fennoswedes. You love swedish way too much and arent ready to let go of it. All you people do is hold finland back and make sure finland will always be sweden's underdog. What baffles me the most is that you fennoswedes get some kind of weird satisfaction from forcing swedishness to finns and I find it insulting as a finn. You wont understand. Youre not a finn.
    Given the amount of built up anger, misinformation and borderline paranoia in this post, I'd say it's useless to try and reason with you.

And saying finland's swedes aren't finns is probably the most insulting thing in this thread so far, given how many generations most of them have lived here. Which country do you think they root for in sports events? Hint: not Sweden.

Anyway I felt I needed to stop by in this thread and point out that views like this aren't widely held.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Doesn't mean you have to say it's stupid when he knows there are many Swedes around.
    Swed's learn English, Finns learn English.

Why would we learn Swedish too? We already have a common second language.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

What I know, and also this guy does not give a fuck.

They know how to party
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    You wont understand. Youre not a finn.
    This statement sums up your tardiness pretty well. Why wouldn't I be a Finn just because I speak another language as my mother tongue in addition to Finnish?