Page 4 of 102 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    How are the level 85 5-man heroics to solo as a warrior? Stuff like Deadmines, etc. Haven't picked up MoP yet, but I'm kinda curious as to how something like Foe Reaper would work solo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just did 3 timed in ZA, I flasked this time, took Bloodbath instead, used pots when I could and did ~60k DPS overall, 53k on Lynx and Eagle, 73k on Dragonhawk. I used shield block on trash more heavily this time so I could revenge spam. I had about 2 minutes left on the timer, once I get some more gear and try reforging down to exp/hit cap against the bosses and the rest in to mastery I can probably get away with no flask, and after the cleave buff.

No Trollbane though : (. And Hexlord still will not drop his sword.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post

Don't even bother trying Bear, he hits really fucking hard, I don't even think Blood DKs can solo him.
    Personally, I can solo the Bear boss as a Brewmaster pretty easily. It was a steep learning curve though. I think perhaps a Prot Warrior could too. The Bear boss has the mechanic where he charges the furthest player and puts a +500% Damage Taken debuff on them while he's in Troll form. Unfortunately that player is you. Any time that debuff is on, you need to pop Shield Wall, Last Stand, Shield Block, anything really. If I recall, there's two seperate instances of this, so splitting your CDs into two groups would be best. His actual Bear Form isn't a joke either, but much easier than his Troll form.

The best thing about finally downing that Bear boss, and finally killing Daakara is..
    Well.
    Fuck.
    You're not going to kill Daakara.
    When HE goes Bear Form, it's like 10x worse, and I don't see a way ANY pet-less melee class would do it. I don't even get close. When I did a quick speed run for some people, he popped Dragonhawk -> Eagle -> Lynx. But -every- time I've tried it solo, he pops Bear first, which may be a solo thing. Bear = death.

-Voojinn

10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine I could do him as Prot in full tank gear but he doesn't drop anything of interest to me and there's no way I could get 4 timed until T15 N BiS. I have the bear already too from Cata.

Tried it using battleshout, it went down a lot easier (3 timed). Just abuse the crap out of revenge. Once I get a little more gear I'll try it with no flask.

I just solo'd hard mode XT (10 obviously), it wasn't as bad as I thought. I did not use anything outside of what our class has on its own.

Spec: Fury
    Talents: Second Wind / Dragon Roar / Avatar
    Glyphs: Unending rage / Reck / Death from above (I would recommend glyph of colossus smash over DFA)

Strat: obviously don't pop cooldowns on pull. Don't pre-pot or anything. Just use your standard rotation until heart phase, which should be about 20-30 seconds. You will not get a tantrum if you're good enough. AFTER THE HEART DIES, QUICKLY BANDAGE! You will be back to 100% health. So will XT. Pop all cooldowns. I popped a str potion as well. Just burn as fast as you can at this point. I whirlwinded / RB'ed the sparks, but they didn't seem to really do anything. During the first tantrum you'll be around 80% still. Pop Die by the sword as soon is it starts and keep doing your thing. You won't die, but now you'll be hovering around that 30% mark where Second wind kicks in. I kept an eye on the tantrum timer, and around 2 seconds left, I switched to sword and board, popped shield wall, and went def stance. I lived through that.

Now just switch back to your dps stance / rotation, SW will heal you back up. XT was nearly dead at this point. He was about 15-20 seconds away from the next tantrum when he died.

Hope this helps!

Now on that note, I need help solo'ing Thorim...

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Deleted
    I have been soloing SWP for the bow (Finally got it this week!). The only tough boss is Brutallis. I go fury with full dps gear ilvl 485. The only talent you really need is second wind and I glyph the extra healing from bloodthirst. I go all out until about 4 stacks of the debuff then I swap to def stance, another couple of debuffs and then cooldowns like Demo Banner, DBTS, RC and shield wall. The main thing is not panic and use defensive cooldowns too early, you only need to start using them when Meteor Slash would 1 shot you.

Rest of it is easy, just kill the shadow person first on the shadow + fire boss.

with this :

•Raid groups are no longer necessary to enter pre-Mists of Pandara raid dungeons. Some bosses that previously required more than one player to defeat are now more easily dealt with by players battling alone:

•High Warlord Naj'entus in the Black Temple
    •Viscidus in the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj
    •Razorgore the Untamed in Blackwing Lair

and most likely later down the track more it seems as like finally warriors will get our chance to shine and solo more thn we ever could i know im gonna start testing myself probaly starting bwl
    Soon i shall awaken, soon i will be unleashed, soon our prophet will do what he know's he must and let me loose upon those who would dare call themselves my people's enemy's................my rise will bring fear to the heart of many the vengence of the draenei is coming those from draenor and beyond have not forgotten and we will show no mercy DEATH TO THE HORDE!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I soloed Daakara in ZA a couple days ago, I had to stack offensive CDs then rotate defensive CDs (also potted) to push him through bear phase ASAP and survive at the same time. Took me like 2 tries in prot w/DPS gear.

So can we solo RoS in Black Temple yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Tóny View Post
    So can we solo RoS in Black Temple yet?
    So only for RoS (rest is peace of cake)

Yes, with ~ilvl480 and stamina scroll+food you should be able to survive a tuned down burst of your own damage in def.stance + def-cds with 100 rage.
    No Avatar, Bloodbath will turn down your Burst and reflected damage will be a bit spread instead of going to oneshot you.

Just killed Yogg 0 light solo - now THAT was a challenge. I actually even died when delivering the killing blow, so I had to run back to collect loot
    So for a list of my Ulduar solo'ing so far

Flame Levi: Normal (fuck 4 tower lol)
    Razorscale: Down
    Ignis: Hard mode down
    XT 002: Hard mode down
    Council: Down (can't not kill steelbreaker first, the debuff just hits too hard and you will die from it after the first guy is down)
    Algalon: lol nope
    Kologarn: Down
    Auriaya: Down
    Hodir: Hard mode down
    Thorim: Hard mode down
    Freya: Hard mode down (you can basically kill her with full stacks of healing buff on her)
    Mimiron: Down
    Vezax: Down
    Yogg: Down, 0 light

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

"Sunwell Plateu - Trash killed me already, so I guess I wont be able to kill anything in there"

its only 1 mob who kills you, its sun slayer or something like that

just burst him down and your fine

first boss of sunwell cant be soled because the mechanic

the others ones are pretty easy...

I was able to down C'Thun solo yesterady. I haven't had a ton of experience prior, maybe 5 kills, so I can't tell what they changed to make it easier. I remember trying at 85 and having issues. Done in Arms with decent but not great gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried XT-002 25M, no heartbreaker yesterday as prot in DPS gear, did 38k DPS but I hit the enrage timer and he was only at 21%. It took 10 fucking minutes too, would not recommend, just bring a nonplate/protector (if you really want that weirdo tier anyways) along. I didn't use DPS CDs as much as I should have but whatever.

Deleted
    halfus,valiona,ascendant council from cataclysm ones that i went to try.

Not sure if it's anything special but I did Earth, Wind & Fire (10 player) today after like 2 tries

Spec: fury
    talents: second wind + whatever you prefer

<3 for Shyama for this signature!

Deleted
    Lord Marrowgar, 25M Heroic @ ICC
    He ate me alive as arms (100k swings) so i went prot and he couldn't drop me fast enough - second wind healed me back up during shield block.

Sadly Lady Deathwhisper gave me a good beating afterwards, couldn't stand her curse.

10+ Year Old Account
    XT-002 25 man normal down as prot, I had to flask, pot, pay a lot of attention and I had 18 sec left on enrage with 489 ilvl (same set as in my sig, with Elegon tank trinket and N Qiang shield). I did 46.5k DPS, and I used DR to kill the healing adds, only like 3-4 got through that attempt. Had 1 419k attempt that I wasnt paying enough attention to. Didn't have the shield block glyph either. I left the pummelers up for extra revenges. Make sure to pop Sbar/ demo shout etc for Tantrums. Going on in Uld now, and will try my hand at some FL 10 fights later, I have no H Souldrinker though. : (

If I get 4 piece, or the normal Ambershaper sword, I should be able to faceroll a lot more.

Edit: Steelbreak ---> Runemaster ---> lightning dude was easy but took a long time.

Kologarn on 25 = good luck with that, just loled him on 10.

Auriya doesn't require any sort of special DPS, but you need good cooldown management. Sbar is your best friend here.

Wat, Freya... ugh. Trying as fury. You have to clear all trash and you can't ignore mechanics. Using bladestorm on the add trio made it a cakewalk. DON'T do this as prot, it will be a huge clusterfuck. No chest spawned, fuck these bugs.

Got Alg 10 to 43% before getting phased as prot, trying as fury. Seems doable. Certainly once I get more gear.

Ow, he killed me when at 63%, fuck it, not going back on him until I have some serious gear. Like, 500 ilvl as prot DPS.

... wtf, "You have entered too many instances recently" for a raid? Solo? Ugh. Guess I'll JUST do the bosses I have on "farm".
    Last edited by Freedom; 2012-12-01 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    So only for RoS (rest is peace of cake)

Yes, with ~ilvl480 and stamina scroll+food you should be able to survive a tuned down burst of your own damage in def.stance + def-cds with 100 rage.
    No Avatar, Bloodbath will turn down your Burst and reflected damage will be a bit spread instead of going to oneshot you.
    I downed RoS today, and after wiping once due to your explained method, I figured out a proper (but slow) way to beat the 2nd part of the encounter. As said, I went all out at first (Popping ALL my CD's, going 100k+ dps mode), which meant I got some nasty 90k crits on my own arse.

So the second try I went with the slow approach, which meants that < 30% I waited for a Second Wind tick, then did a Bloodthirst, waited for a tick again, repeat. It's slow (well, the encounter is still beaten within 2/3 mins), but worked wonders for me.

I had more problems with Gurtogg, but I guess that was cause I didn't have my burst CD's yet so I almost got overwhelmed by his stacking debuff.

Council was easier then I thought, I just went all out on the priest NPC, interrupted and zerged.

Illidans elementals almost killed me (popped a health pot just in time), got meleed for 160k, 'sup with that?

On another subject, I also figured I'd give MH and SSC a shot. All in MH didn't cause any problems, altho Winterchill is a bitch (Frost Nova + DnD UGH ). SSC was a cakewalk, except for Lady Vashj. She killed me as I delivered the killing blow, which was lucky I guess. I got her to ~60% when she went into the add/elemental phase, when I clicked the last ''beam'' I popped a health pot to get to ~60% hp, popped ALL my CD's and went nuts. And even then she still killed me, but I guess that was due to poor defensive cooldown management.

All in all I'm pretty satisfied. My gear isn't top notch, but it's a nice feeling to solo these instances that drop so many cool transmo stuff! Time to farm my 2nd Glaive now

Deleted
    EoE10

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------