Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Soul Reaper no longer resets swing timer!

Just thought I'd let you know they've gotten rid of this bug in the latest patch.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Good to know that this has finally been fixed.

Deleted
    So happy to hear this, will finally be able to cast soul reaper without worrying about KM procs

Sounds like a good reason to celebrate o/

Deleted
    gg blizz, moar KM procs on execute phase for me!

Well that's an improvement, did they do anything else with it though? It seems like a fairly bad 'execute' to me still. Still costing a rune as 2H Frost is pretty meh (though I play DW currently) and it's useless on multi-target (3+) as HB hits harder.

Deleted
    On multi-target you gonna use SR only to gain the haste buff imo, as you said HB does more damage per rune.

I don't have any problem with SR being 2her tho, I just don't use it on cd only when I have KM.

Of course, I don't have a problem with actually being able to use it... It's just that you'd have thought with it being an execute with that much cost for the damage (Rune, GCD, 6sec CD, and 5sec "Dot"), it would at least either be useful during multi-target (to a limit, but at least 4 imo) or remove/change the cost to make it less clunky.

I think RP would have been a better choice for 2H, still proccing the T5 talent would be even better, but maybe slightly OP.

Deleted
    KM procs at the start of the swing timer now, good changes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by makkk View Post
    KM procs at the start of the swing timer now, good changes
    Wait, no. Swing timers track the time needed to your character to start the swing so you are gonna wait anyway. At least if you are using the WA swing timer.

Yeah, but at least now rather than waiting halfway through your swing timer to see it pop, it's a very small fraction of it. Has anyone noticed Rime proccing less? I actually had Frost Fever fall off because of it in LFR yesterday.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

The important difference between how killing machine used to work and how it works now is that now you know exactly when it's going to have a chance to proc. Before the fix it could proc anywhere between almost immediately after an auto attack lands and most of a second later.

You don't need to be able to see into the future to play frost properly any more, and I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    Has anyone noticed Rime proccing less? I actually had Frost Fever fall off because of it in LFR yesterday.
    This is probably just a combination of deep breath paranoia and confirmation bias.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    Yeah, but at least now rather than waiting halfway through your swing timer to see it pop, it's a very small fraction of it. Has anyone noticed Rime proccing less? I actually had Frost Fever fall off because of it in LFR yesterday.
    Sometimes it happened to me aswell but too not many times, just 1-2 pulls every raid lockout.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    The important difference between how killing machine used to work and how it works now is that now you know exactly when it's going to have a chance to proc. Before the fix it could proc anywhere between almost immediately after an auto attack lands and most of a second later.
    Never had those problems tbh, it always procced at the same time for me (it never procced immediately after but only 0.3-0.4 seconds later)
    Last edited by mmocc39afa2be3; 2012-11-28 at 04:04 PM.

Nice! I totally forgot to check.

Quote Originally Posted by Italiandk View Post
    Never had those problems tbh, it always procced at the same time for me (it never procced immediately after but only 0.3-0.4 seconds later)
    The outliers didn't happen very often, but I've seen delays of anything between 0.2 and 0.7 seconds when looking through logs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    The outliers didn't happen very often, but I've seen delays of anything between 0.2 and 0.7 seconds when looking through logs.
    Really? I never checked tbh, I just got used to wait a bit more than 1 second after my swing timer reached 0 that I assumed it procced always at a certain time after the swing landed.

Simcraft is already updated with the fix. It'll be in their next release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, this is definitely good to hear.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ajamu/advanced <---- That's my DK right over there.

How much of a DPS boost will 2H get from this bug fix?

Not a huge amount. Something in the order of about 2k.

Quote Originally Posted by Italiandk View Post
    Really? I never checked tbh, I just got used to wait a bit more than 1 second after my swing timer reached 0 that I assumed it procced always at a certain time after the swing landed.
    If the delay was constant the fix wouldn't have been needed.

This is a massive quality of life change for anyone who actually cares about using killing machine effectively.
    Last edited by Shiira; 2012-11-29 at 02:34 AM.