Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Hey guys!

Updated my pastebins on page 2.

Stagger has a new custom function (thanks to my friend GfxAMK) with shortened numbers, so it looks like the Guard one where it says "20k" instead of 20.000.

Here is the code for a quick switch

Code:
    function() local stagger = select(14, UnitAura("player", "light stagger", nil, "HARMFUL")) or select(14, UnitAura("player", "moderate stagger", nil, "HARMFUL")) or select(14, UnitAura("player", "heavy stagger", nil, "HARMFUL"));if(stagger > 999) then stagger = math.floor(stagger/1000) .. "k" end;return stagger; end
    He also polished the Guard one a little bit so here is the code for that

Code:
    function () local name,_,icon,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,value=UnitBuff("player", "Guard"); if(value > 999) then value = math.floor(value/1000) .. "k" end; return(value) end
    He took the Million part out of both functions so it is a little bit more lightweight.

Hope you guys enjoy thos

cheers

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, perhaps someone might be able to give me a hand. I'm trying to get my TP WA to work but so far I'm not having any luck, I've got this atm http://pastebin.com/LGLfYRen but what I want it to do is to show the timer on the bottom and stacks on the right side but for some reason WA is being very uncooperative.

Also for anyone that wants a dynamic stagger WA (shows the timer and DoT damage) here's one I made: http://pastebin.com/39vkaASy
    Have one for shuffle too: http://pastebin.com/ZtrLrBun
    Last edited by Byrogan; 2012-11-10 at 03:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Misa View Post
    Stagger has a new custom function (thanks to my friend GfxAMK) with shortened numbers, so it looks like the Guard one where it says "20k" instead of 20.000.

Here is the code for a quick switch

Code:
    function() local stagger = select(14, UnitAura("player", "light stagger", nil, "HARMFUL")) or select(14, UnitAura("player", "moderate stagger", nil, "HARMFUL")) or select(14, UnitAura("player", "heavy stagger", nil, "HARMFUL"));if(stagger > 999) then stagger = math.floor(stagger/1000) .. "k" end;return stagger; end
    Slight tweak to keep one decimal place, can't really code but briefly tested and seemed to work:

Code:
    function() local stagger = select(14, UnitAura("player", "light stagger", nil, "HARMFUL")) or select(14, UnitAura("player", "moderate stagger", nil, "HARMFUL")) or select(14, UnitAura("player", "heavy stagger", nil, "HARMFUL"));if(stagger > 999) then stagger = (math.floor(stagger/100))/10 .. "k" end;return stagger; end

Deleted
    Added a Energy Bar on my post on Page 2 (http://pastebin.com/SUFQNzch)

Quote Originally Posted by Misa View Post
    - snippet -
    So, any update on this function? It's not working for me on 5.1 with Weak Auras version 1.4.7.8

It isn't 14 anymore, it is 15. Change to be 15, and it will work.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Deleted
    Hi, I would like to share a custom weakaura I created to aid me in tanking. Basically it just simply takes dodge and parry values out from paper doll and sums them up.
    pastebin com/5kS2akbz

(I am not yet allowed to post links in forum, add dot before com)

Why?
    Lets be honest, at first I (and many others) thought that monk's are quite weak at tanking due to low armor and not as many CDs as I would like rerolling from prot paladin. But then I discovered that you get 20% avoidance from basic stats and blue gear, you add 20% from blackout and 30% from brew. You end up realizing that if actively tanking and keeping spells up could you end up with 70% avoid, and that's Huge! Plus you get 20% mitigation from stance, how awesome is that? But then I started to look into dodge and agi trinkets, as they are used or proccing, the avoidance value changes, if I have some way of tracking it actively, I could maybe ignore using some certain CD on certain boss ability if I am sure i get at least 50-80% avoidance and will surive.
    Now if I join instances as DPS or Healer, i look at many other new monk's combat logs with a sad face - they barely use blackout kick at all, and while healing them is not too painful, for a bad monk damage is too spiky, and if it's a raid, they goes down so fast, they've no idea what happened. But I do.
    So I am posting this here with a hope, this aura will help many other new monks adjust to avoidance and how crucial it is for our tanking style.

Who else can use it?
    Any tank class really. Bears gets 0 parry chance, so dodge will be taken and 0 will be added to it, still showing you correct avoidance anyway. Paladins and probably warriors can simply add local b = GetBlockChance() local and modify tot line to: tot = p+d+b. That should give them "unhittable" value. It's not called avoidance anymore.... neither is unhit anymore too, i guess.

Best of Luck, apologizes to horde fans for my forum name.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    It isn't 14 anymore, it is 15. Change to be 15, and it will work.
    it isnt working; it says that we are trying to compare a number with nil

Anyone who has weakauras for 5chi, when you are using ascension?

My current one is only showing 4, while i have ascension picked.

I set up five custom auras, that display at <=1 chi, <=2 chi, etc. and put them in a group. Was pretty easy to add one that said <=5 chi.

I can link it here if you need.

Please do m8.

Thanks m8. But how do i make it so it shows always, in combat and out of combat? Im not that good with addons lol.

It is showing for me out of combat.

Check the tab that says Load, and make sure In Combat isn't checked.

In combat isnt checked, but it still doesent show it. When i enter combat and get lets say 3 chi, its displays them, but as soon as i leave combat it dissapears completely, even if i have the 3chi still.

E: Now it shows the leftover chi if i leave combat, But i would like it so it shows the "empty" chi's always in or out of combat.
    Last edited by Ergar; 2012-11-28 at 04:02 PM.

Ah, I understand what you're saying now. Yeah, my aura isn't set up that way necessarily, but it is easy to change if you want, although it doesn't look that good then IMO.

If you change the blend mode on the group, or individual auras, to opaque instead of glow, it'll show the grey box of the rune texture instead of making it transparent.

Thanks m8.

Deleted
    did someone manage to get it work? (displaying stagger)

Code:
    function() local stagger = select(14, UnitAura("player", "light stagger", nil, "HARMFUL")) or select(14, UnitAura("player", "moderate stagger", nil, "HARMFUL")) or select(14, UnitAura("player", "heavy stagger", nil, "HARMFUL"));if(stagger > 999) then stagger = (math.floor(stagger/100))/10 .. "k" end;return stagger; end
    i get an error saying 14 cant be compared to nil

Quote Originally Posted by ashedora View Post
    did someone manage to get it work? (displaying stagger)

Code:
    i get an error saying 14 cant be compared to nil
    I can't test as I'm not home but try changing your 14's to 15 (I believe they added a new return value to UnitAura which bumps the index up by 1).

Code:
    function() local stagger = select(15, UnitAura("player", "light stagger", nil, "HARMFUL")) or select(15, UnitAura("player", "moderate stagger", nil, "HARMFUL")) or select(15, UnitAura("player", "heavy stagger", nil, "HARMFUL"));if(stagger > 999) then stagger = (math.floor(stagger/100))/10 .. "k" end;return stagger; end

Edit: Just noticed gynshon said the same thing above as well.
    Last edited by Zaxus; 2012-11-28 at 05:56 PM.
    Barleyclaw - Axis - Dark Iron US

Now i have another problem. The stagger script from: http://sunniersartofwar.com/blog/201...er-weak-auras/ is showing the stagger allright, but it isnt showing the number on it for some reason. It just shows the color of it.