Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Taygete View Post
    Holy Prism a smart heal?? LoD buff?? *happy dance*

I might go ahead and go back to SS now... in addition to the whole raid comp thing. More LoD and I can't wait to play with prism again. Not that I don't like our aoe heal, but I loved having prism there where judgement used to be... it just fits nicely. *woohoo*
    The smart heal is a great buff for HP but I still don't see it competing with LH. It still requires raid stacking, in which case, LH will generally be more useful. What they needed to do is to massively buff the range the spell can hit too.

The LoD buff is welcome. Straight out buff for fights when we're not rolling EF.

The Holy Prism buff will help immensely in fights where stacking isn't as frequent but damage is. I'm thinking about being more useful on Heroic Elegon where you can put some damage on an Energy Charge and a heal to the couple people that might be in range. Might be good on Lei Shi and even Sha of Fear out on the platforms where nothing really seemed to stand out as the go to heal from that talent tier.

I noticed the LoD buff last night late when I was doing significantly more healing during LFR trash (lol). I was happy to see that wasn't a late night hallucination. I've been a little worried about our scaling and it's nice to see a little adjustment like this. Lets me know that someone is paying attention.

NEW TOPIC!!

I have the elite helm from Protectors (http://www.wowhead.com/item=90530) and got the helm token drop from LFR (http://www.wowhead.com/item=86686). I will net 97 spirit from the tier helm plus mastery > haste and pick up the 2pc set bonus but I lose 222 int. Has anyone taken the 2 pc and does it feel like it makes a difference in mana consumption? I'll probably gem it out and try it but wasn't sure if anyone has already gone through this and had any insight.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyrotten View Post
    NEW TOPIC!!

I have the elite helm from Protectors (http://www.wowhead.com/item=90530) and got the helm token drop from LFR (http://www.wowhead.com/item=86686). I will net 97 spirit from the tier helm plus mastery > haste and pick up the 2pc set bonus but I lose 222 int. Has anyone taken the 2 pc and does it feel like it makes a difference in mana consumption? I'll probably gem it out and try it but wasn't sure if anyone has already gone through this and had any insight.
    Just grab a log and see how many HRs you cast, fairly simple to figure out if its good for you or not

How significant of a mana gain does meleeing bring?

I havent been doing it, and havent been sweating it that much since its just an alt, but with the nerf to DP/pvp 4p I need to clean up my gameplay a bit to stay competitive.

I am currently having alot of trouble healing windlord on reg. the lack of stacing kills my aoe and the rain of blades is destroying our raid, im healing with a resto druid and monk i know my aoe isnt as good but im hoping its just an i lvl thing for me since im only about 471. aoe healing tips would be greatly appreciated tho.

Quote Originally Posted by doc3355 View Post
    I am currently having alot of trouble healing windlord on reg. the lack of stacing kills my aoe and the rain of blades is destroying our raid, im healing with a resto druid and monk i know my aoe isnt as good but im hoping its just an i lvl thing for me since im only about 471. aoe healing tips would be greatly appreciated tho.
    Assuming you're talking about phase 2, assuming you're in a 10m - Holy radiance on the melee, tell the druid and monk to focus more on the ranged. Get some eternal flames out if you can. Rotate raid cooldowns and make sure your dps are aware of their damage reduction and healing cooldowns and using them. Try to divine light the tank when he needs it and use that holy power for light of dawn. Not stacking sucks for holy radiance and therefore daybreak :\

Our guild moved together loosely in a circle while the tank rotated him in the center of the room and just stacked in two groups ranged/melee when he did his rain of blades since he doesn't throw out windbombs during this phase (at least I don't think he does otherwise, just move as a group).

There's no reason your group can't run in for Blades and then back out when it's over.

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends a lot on what talents you're running with, but I've had success on 25 with a variety of talents. If you're running EF you should just get HoTs on the ranged and HR the melee since that will provide the most healing on the entire raid. If you are using HA, you can pop it for RoB and chain LoDs/EFs. As stated by Pasture, you can also have your group run in for RoBs and run out as soon as its over to not risk getting a Bomb on melee. As for damage reduction, keep in mind thats its physical damage. BoPs can be tossed out if necessary, and you'll need to glyph DP to have it mitigate damage for you. This also makes it so that Devotion Aura is useless. Chances are that you'll have to rely on the druids Tranq and the Monks Revival as cooldowns for the damage since it is rather high.

Super guide, thanks!

Just a tiny tip, where you talk about lvl 90 talents you could break up that wall of text - would be much easier to read.

Deleted
    might wanna update the bis list. there's no 502 trash trinket like the one you have in it.

I'm thinking Qin-xi's Polarizing Seal and Spirits of the Sun are BiS. (hc versions ofc)

This is the best resource I've seen on trinkets so far

Healers do not have a BiS list. YOU might have what YOU consider a BiS list for your preferred gearing and playstyle, but a "healer BiS" list has no place in a guide, honestly.

---------- Post added 2012-12-09 at 11:13 PM ----------

and long story short qin'xi is the best intellect by a bit and spirits are the best regen by a bit

spirits, relic and qin'xi normal are close enough that you might as well consider them equal, with jade courtesan trailing behind. since relic has no heroic (obviously :P) H Spirits and H Qin'Xi will be our "best in slot" in the sense that they're the only trinkets available from that level of the tier, essentially negating the purpose of designating a "best in slot" which is generally a term used when there are multiple available choices. Since we don't have any additional heroic trinkets available... well you get my point

---------- Post added 2012-12-09 at 11:14 PM ----------

also, run on sentence wow
    Last edited by dennisdkramer; 2012-12-10 at 04:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    a "healer BiS" list has no place in a guide, honestly.[COLOR="red"]
    pfft, we just need a BiS list for every possible itemization choice available! =p

I don't see why it "has no place", though, as the author could quite easily communicate/disclaim what the list SHOULD be used for, and what it SHOULD NOT be used for. I absolutely agree that posting "Here is your BiS list for the tier" would likely be more hurtful than helpful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    might wanna update the bis list. there's no 502 trash trinket like the one you have in it.

I'm thinking Qin-xi's Polarizing Seal and Spirits of the Sun are BiS. (hc versions ofc)
    Fixed that now, thanks for pointing it out.

As for as BiS for healers go, I try to make it clear in my post that its what I think is BiS for a set valuing Int>Spirit>Mastery. I don't say that it's definitely the best by any means and I never would.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubalicious View Post
    pfft, we just need a BiS list for every possible itemization choice available! =p

I don't see why it "has no place", though, as the author could quite easily communicate/disclaim what the list SHOULD be used for, and what it SHOULD NOT be used for. I absolutely agree that posting "Here is your BiS list for the tier" would likely be more hurtful than helpful.
    Yeah you're right

On a similar note, I'd love to see the point at which, mathematically, pve gear outpaces the pvp 4p at varying upgrade levels. I find myself instinctively using LoD pretty often only to look back at the logs and see how little HP gen I got from the 4p

Deleted
    Is the pvp 4p really that powerful now that it doesn't proc off of DP? Considering the vast amount of stats you lose by downgrading from ilvl 517 to 491. (if upgraded)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Is the pvp 4p really that powerful now that it doesn't proc off of DP? Considering the vast amount of stats you lose by downgrading from ilvl 517 to 491. (if upgraded)
    I don't currently have access to the PvE four piece myself, so I'm not entirely sure. I can tell you that the other Holy Pally I heal with in my guild is able to keep up with me even when I use the 4 P PvP bonus as long as he uses the PvE bonus though. Based off this Id say that if you can get your hands on the PvE bonus that it will likely outdo the PvP bonus with the added stats it also provides.

People have said this before but the PvE 4 set (maybe not on raid finder if you have 483 PVP) is imo better than the PVP 4 set. With the shortened time on holy shock you won't be able to generate holy power quite as fast but still at a reasonable rate to EF blanket the raid especially in 10 mans. Also, with pve gear you will have a lot more mastery/crit/spellpower/spirit if you have any one of the normal or heroic gear benefiting your EF tickets and illuminated healing. Shorter HS cooldown gives you more mobility along with a pretty high crit chance and infusion of light procs in emergency situations and HS is itself and excellent mana efficient spell.

If you're talking about comparisons between PvP 4 set and simply higher level gear, then I think it's this situation. If you're trying to heal the same way with no set gear, then your HPS might be lower. On the other hand, if you adjust your healing to utilize the increased stats you have, you will regardless still do well.

Quote Originally Posted by monikasun88 View Post
    On the other hand, if you adjust your healing to utilize the increased stats you have, you will regardless still do well.
    This. Dropping the pvp set allows you to get a lot more spirit and significantly more intellect. The spirit makes up for the loss of the pvp set bonus, but you can't just inefficiently throw EF all over your raid. Realistically, you can't even with the 4p if you want to be a good healer, but that will be situation dependant.

Any tips for healing Grand Empress 10 man? I've tried various different talents etc and I'm finding it nearly impossible to keep up with our priest / druid. Typically we're equal on hps or I'm above on other encounters, but with the raid being so spread on this fight I'm not keeping up at all. What talent / glyph setup are people using and how are they finding themselves competing with the other healers? I'm not sure if I'm missing a trick or this is just a bad fight on 10 man for Paladins until the final phase.