Set bonus or no...

Hey guys, just got tier helm over Xaril's. With the helm I get 4set bonus but with LFR robe. Should I use these for the bonus or stick with overall better stats and ilvl?

Thanks!

I would definitely swap the 4 piece in if i was you. The 40s less on Dark soul cd is probably the best 4 piece bonus going for dps, but if you really wanna be certain about things like this just download the simcraft and run your character through it. It looks complicated and shit but it's actually very easy to use.

After doing a few encounters with the set, it was def worth it. It is so nice having such sort cd on DS.

Deleted
    According to the sims of my own char, 4P is a huge gain for destro, and a "normal" gain for affli/demo (using simc ptr=1 and various grimoire setup)

IIRC the hands are the off piece for all specs in the long run so hang on to your tier helm as well and go for the 4 piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Khargol View Post
    IIRC the hands are the off piece for all specs in the long run so hang on to your tier helm as well and go for the 4 piece.
    Considering tier gloves are the only 509 gloves - I don't think so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khargol View Post
    wrong.

Affliction uses the heroic chest piece from ToES and demo uses the legs off of heroic sha of fear im pretty sure.

Quote Originally Posted by pixul View Post
    wrong.

Affliction uses the heroic chest piece from ToES and demo uses the legs off of heroic sha of fear im pretty sure.
    Both wrong. All 3 specs use the Heroic Sha legs from ToES as the offpiece;
    http://www.simulationcraft.org/504/Raid_T14H.html

Pretty sure your all wrong.. i thought the HC Garalon Helm was the best offpeice? :S

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Pretty sure your all wrong.. i thought the HC Garalon Helm was the best offpeice? :S
    In reality, yes, because H Tier is an epeen helm.

Simcraft for World of Warcraft 5.0.4 Live (build level 16016)

Dreadwoven Leggings of Failure (http://www.wowhead.com/item=87174)

Simcraft for World of Warcraft 5.1.0 PTR (build level 16309)

Xaril's Hood of Intoxicating Vapors (http://www.wowhead.com/item=86970)

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Both wrong. All 3 specs use the Heroic Sha legs from ToES as the offpiece;
    http://www.simulationcraft.org/504/Raid_T14H.html
    Neck from Feng instead of the ones from Will and Galleon?
    Bracers from Blade Lord instead of the ones from Zor'lok?
    Sword from Tsulong and not the dagger from Protectors heroic elite?

That list is just wrong for Affliction.

Regarding the off-piece I'd go for head from Garalon or chest from Lei-shi.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Neck from Feng instead of the ones from Will and Galleon?
    Bracers from Blade Lord instead of the ones from Zor'lok?
    Sword from Tsulong and not the dagger from Protectors heroic elite?

That list is just wrong for Affliction.

Regarding the off-piece I'd go for head from Garalon or chest from Lei-shi.
    Yeah you're right. The new list is out but I highly doubt that's the new list is fully correct, regardless. You are missing out on a free 500 int + 320 mastery on the Tsulong sword (part of the legendary quest is you get to add a prismatic socket to your sha touched weapon).

Edit: Reason they take Feng neck is because you need it for hit - the simcraft gear listed is based on getting hit cap as well.

You are missing out on a free 500 int + 320 mastery on the Tsulong sword (part of the legendary quest is you get to add a prismatic socket to your sha touched weapon).
    Doesn't make it better. Spell power ftw.

Edit: Reason they take Feng neck is because you need it for hit - the simcraft gear listed is based on getting hit cap as well.
    I could hit cap in full blues.

Doesn't make it better. Spell power ftw.
    9093 SP + 594 Int -- Regail (2x upgrade, heroic elite)

8518 SP + 637 Int + 500 Int -- Loshan (2x upgrade, heroic) -- not to mention the additional prismatic socket that you can put whatever in.

You still get more overall SP using Loshan than Regail, I fail to see where you're coming from here.

I could hit cap in full blues.
    So could I, doesn't mean I will hit cap. It's really whatever you as a player are comfortable with. I rank without hit cap more often than most locks who are hit capping so really it doesn't matter.

9093 SP + 594 Int -- Regail (2x upgrade, heroic elite)

8518 SP + 637 Int + 500 Int -- Loshan (2x upgrade, heroic) -- not to mention the additional prismatic socket that you can put whatever in.

You still get more overall SP using Loshan than Regail, I fail to see where you're coming from here.
    What prismatic socket?

BiS stat weights:

int 4.87
    sp 4.0
    mastery 2.76
    hit 2.48
    haste 2.35
    crit 1.97

Loshan 517 reforged to mastery:

1137 int
    258 crit
    172 mas
    414 haste
    8518 sp

= 41565 dps

Regail's 524 reforged to haste with 160 hit/160 mastery gem:

594 int
    274 crit
    603 mas
    142 haste
    9093 sp
    160 hit

= 42200 dps

So it's closer than I thought I guess.

What prismatic socket?
    Part of the Legendary quest line gives you a free prismatic socket in your Sha-Touched weapon.

Edit: http://www.wowhead.com/item=93403 This item.

Edit #2:

Loshan 517 reforged to mastery:

1297 int (+160 Int from Pris socket)
    258 crit
    172 mas
    414 haste
    8518 sp

= 42344 dps

So Loshan edges out, but barely.
    Last edited by Woz; 2012-11-29 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Link clarity.

Part of the Legendary quest line gives you a free prismatic socket in your Sha-Touched weapon.

Edit: http://www.wowhead.com/item=93403 This item.
    Ahh right we'll probably have that before anyone have even killed Protectors on elite mode lol. It really seems impossible atm. Meaning we can probably just consider Loshan as BiS for all specs.

Ahh right we'll probably have that before anyone have even killed Protectors on elite mode lol. It really seems impossible atm. Meaning we can probably just consider Loshan as BiS for all specs.
    Pretty much. You get the item after getting the grand ol' 6k Valor for this lovely quest, the "end" quest for 5.1 gives it to you.