Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Anyone else completely unable to pick an alt?

I've never been THE most alt-friendly person, but I always have had at least 1-2. I played Warlock and Prot Paladin for years, and then in Cata, got a Mage and Shaman also. I now play my Shaman full time...and cannot NOT for the life of me bring myself to play an alt! My guild wants to start doing an alt run, and I just... have no interest.

Paladins have lost their luster for me, so I am steering clear of that. Warlock is in my maybe pile... and Mage never really did it for me. I had more fun leveling him than any other time of playing him.

Been thinking DK Tank ... but their talents just bore the crap out of me. I am an AWFUL healer, so that's out for mostly everything.

Anyone else having these problems? It's really not even the dailies or anything like that. I don't mind 'em. Anyone have a suggestion?

I have my Druid as my main. I'm rolling a Tankadin now. My 3rd and final toon will be a hunter. I will have each roll completely covered and will never need more than 3 toons.

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 02:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xeonde View Post
    Anyone have a suggestion?
    Can't really tell you what to play, but I love my Druid. Tank or Heals, plus nice DPS. Not very gear dependant, and it is a blast to dismount, while falling cast a buff, and then shift into a bird and keep right on flying

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    I have my Druid as my main. I'm rolling a Tankadin now. My 3rd and final toon will be a hunter. I will have each roll completely covered and will never need more than 3 toons.
    See I wish I liked Druids, because they can fill so many different roles...but I can't stand any of their forms at all!

10+ Year Old Account
    I just pick on main character and play it.

If I have other characters, it's for professions (Currently I have no alts except a death knight finishing up Shadowmourne for my main monk to get the tabard).

I do know what you mean that it's tough, though. I always go by lore and "feel" as much as balance or playstyle. Then, I can really get into my character.

And why listen to your guild? You don't have to have an alt. Tell them to bite off.

Have you tried a monk?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeglo View Post
    I do know what you mean that it's tough, though. I always go by lore and "feel" as much as balance or playstyle. Then, I can really get into my character.

And why listen to your guild? You don't have to have an alt. Tell them to bite off.
    1. I tend to do that too, with lore and feel.

2. Because I am the co-gm and expected to help out lol.

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 04:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Have you tried a monk?
    I've been trying to force myself to try one... I hate the "drunken master" kit for Monks ...but I hear great things... It's taken me til this expansion to even level a Death Knight lmao. So, I may take a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am having a hard time picking a main. I have a 90 monk, 86 DK (with like everything max, he was my achievement whore for WOTLK and CATA), 85 Lock (PVP), shaman, rogue (ewwww) and hunter (zzzzzzz).

after hitting 90, i just have no interest in leveling right now.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Quote Originally Posted by Xeonde View Post
    I've been trying to force myself to try one... I hate the "drunken master" kit for Monks ...but I hear great things... It's taken me til this expansion to even level a Death Knight lmao. So, I may take a while.
    lol - fair enough.

How do you feel about zipping around at mach-10 bashing faces in? If you like that, I recommend trying a warrior Heroic Leap is a ton of fun. Charge is a ton of fun. Overall, I think warriors are one of the most primal and fun classes to play. Run at a mob really fast, then beat their head in with a giant weapon (or 2 giant weapons - even better). And you scream really loud so that you hit things harder. PLUS - you won't get asked to heal

I have no problem at all playing my alts, i have 3 almost 4 90's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    lol - fair enough.

How do you feel about zipping around at mach-10 bashing faces in? If you like that, I recommend trying a warrior Heroic Leap is a ton of fun. Charge is a ton of fun. Overall, I think warriors are one of the most primal and fun classes to play. Run at a mob really fast, then beat their head in with a giant weapon (or 2 giant weapons - even better). And you scream really loud so that you hit things harder. PLUS - you won't get asked to heal
    I actually have a level 85 Warrior, I was going to try that but he is on a shitty dead server that I rolled on randomly to play with a friend who ...I never ended up playing with (tremendous waste of time, no?) And then one day my guilds DPS warrior over heard me talking about it and was like "oh god, don't do it. I'm switching mains asap" which kinda scared me off rofl. I may still consider that if I can't get through Monk or DK.

I hear Rogues are doing awful right now, is that true? Any rogue feed back?

At the moment - I've hit 90 and am working on dailies and dungeons. By the time I finish those, I'm usually quite pooped.

Now with new rep to farm (Wrathion and Shieldwall) and now that I can farm Raids (OMG!) I'm going to have less time.

Still, I think this stands as a testament to how fun MoP is compared to Cata. Once I hit 85, I was pretty much done with a toon because I hated doing Tol Barad and Firelands took forever.

(Though I'm not going to lie... I'm not looking forward to grinding levels again QQ)

Charachters i am using right now, by class, starting with my main.
    Prot Pally
    Demon Warlock
    Blood DK
    Prot Warrior
    Survival hunter (quest as beast)
    Frost mage (i enjoy arcane too)
    Guardian Druid
    Enhanse shaman
    Assassination rogue (thinking about switching to combat)
    Shadow priest
    windwalker monk (i enjoy him, he may move up on the list)

Im done making alts for awhile...

Deleted
    Warlock! Forget Affliction and play Demo/Destro break the mould.

10+ Year Old Account
    It takes me forever to pick an alt I like during a new expansion because I feel like I have to try everything....Currently between either Lock or Boomy decisions, decisions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I too have problems choosing alts. I think you're going about it the right way though - looking for abilities and a playstyle you find fun, over something that's OP.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I used to be an extreme altoholic, from the days of mid Vanilla right up until Cataclysm. I was never a serious "end-gamer" : only dabbled in an occasional raid and some very casual PvP. By midway through this year, I was spreading my playtime around 16 max level characters, across both factions and with all classes represented.

But in Mists, I've found myself almost completely focused on my single level 90 Warrior. I'm just overwhelmed with stuff to do. Lots of reputation to work on, the legendary questlines have got me really enthused about raiding for the first time, and I'm addicted to pet battles.

It's not that I don't love my alts, I do, and I keep getting tempted ... but I'm having so much fun with my main that there just isn't the time. I'm also putting off other things that I said I'd do before Christmas - like have a serious shot at Guild Wars 2, or the Star Wars MMO, or even games like Assassin's Creed III.

I had 10 85s (one of each class) going into MoP, but I've only leveled 3. Reasons: a) leveling without a flying mount is absolutely horrible. b) reputation grinds are bad enough on one toon.

Quote Originally Posted by Fexus View Post
    I had 10 85s (one of each class) going into MoP, but I've only leveled 3. Reasons: a) leveling without a flying mount is absolutely horrible. b) reputation grinds are bad enough on one toon.
    eh, still not as bad as it was in BC, i can deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the other thing... the level grind is rouuuuuuugh... I do not want to go through it again until I find something I really love. I am SO GLAD I picked Shaman first, it's by far the most fun I've had in forever.