10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Is Omega worthy of being a 1/4th of ME3 content? Would you pay $60 for a game that is only omega content x 4?
    How about paying $60 for Omega only content? That was basically Force Unleased 2, which took me 4.5 hours to beat.

Its hard to compare the value of DLC. Some only last 45min like the Harvey's Revenge DLC for Arkham City. Others can last as long as single-player FPS games like the DLC for Bordlerands 2.

In the Mass Effect realm, I didn't find any of the ME1 DLC to be meaningful or "worth it".
    In ME2, Overlord and LotSB were both excellent pieces of DLC that should be the gold standard of DLC. While neither ultimately affected the game or ending, both served as fantastic short stories that I wanted to immediately replay. Kasumi was fun, but a little shoe-horned in (especially in a game where a lot of the immersion revolves around companions interacting).
    In ME3, I begrudingly bought From Ashes. It sucked to pay for Day 1 DLC, but objectively the content was awesome and felt like it was a part of the game and not a seperate side mission (which further annoyed me since it was Day 1 DLC). My disappoint with the ending and Bioware as a company has prevented me from purchasing either Leviathan or Omega. However, I think $15 is a bit high price-point for a DLC unless it contains multiple DLC content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    unless it contains multiple DLC content.
    Define this.
    Looking for additional weapons, squadmates, bonus powers, hubs..?

We are forced to pay 60 $ for 4x Omega content anyway. Just ask Activision or EA, they almost certainly have games that last less than 12 hours. If I knew I would have as much fun as I had during I played Omega, I would easily pay the 60$.

And I believe people assume for 1 run through of the DLC as the main basis of the price debate. What about Paragon/Renegade/Mixed runs, what about runs with different classes? We found out that Omega added the idea of a class specific interrupt, what about that?

What will people say if Adjutants start to pop in on maps against reapers in a few weeks? (Reapers were the only faction to not receive an extra unit in Retaliation remember.) Or if Turian Female kits show up in the next multiplayer DLC?
    Last edited by Scorage; 2012-11-28 at 09:23 PM.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorage View Post
    What will people say if Adjutants start to pop in on maps against reapers in a few weeks? (Reapers were the only faction to not receive an extra unit in Retaliation remember.) Or if Turian Female kits show up in the next multiplayer DLC?
    Adjutants would be fun.
    They dont just execute you, they bring "you" back as another enemy.
    Did they even teleport around? I failed to notice during my run.

And... Turian Female Adept kit with flash? Dare i hope?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Omega failed to dethrone LoTSB. Heck I even enjoyed Leviathan more.

There's nothing but shooting your way thru the same mobs, over and over again. Even in the end.

Adjutants? *shotgun shot* What Adjutant? Cerberus Mechs gave me much more *trouble*.

It only takes hours to finish because there are a lot of cut-scenes.

I don't even know why they added a "side quest" there, not to mention the quality of said "quest" - it takes 10 secs to do it (most of the time you spend climbing the ladder).

I noticed they did a good job of hiding mods on omega, so it's required to solve a simple puzzle to get one (like shooting explosive barrels on a lift platform which prevents it from operating properly - and then using that lift to get to the mod - but only to find out you could get it another way though...) - so yeah - there are "secret areas" but exploring the omega is kinda out of place when you are limited in time story wise. Breaks immersion for me.

You know if they just release a video of everything that happened on Omega in DLC - it would feel the same to me.

Not worth 1200 points. And no I'm not poor. It's like paying premium for bottled water.

I found it rather enjoyable and worthwhile imo. People need to learn what it takes to develop content and how much time that process takes and why they can't just sell it for 5 bucks....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    I found it rather enjoyable and worthwhile imo. People need to learn what it takes to develop content and how much time that process takes and why they can't just sell it for 5 bucks....
    There's less content (that requires a lot of work) than in Leviathan.
    And I even noticed sloppy work in Aria's speech cut-scene. The way she moves is bugged, her animation jerks back to frame 0, she teleports visibly to new position, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Overall, was it enjoyable though?

I don't know whether or not to buy it. Is it worth experiencing or should I watch a YouTube playthrough?
    If you like a lot of action in between a lot of cut-scenes and you like Omega lore and Aria - well go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    And I even noticed sloppy work in Aria's speech cut-scene. The way she moves is bugged, her animation jerks back to frame 0, she teleports visibly to new position, etc.
    Well nothing is bug free and I didn't notice those that you mentioned lol I'll go back and take a look soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Well nothing is bug free and I didn't notice those that you mentioned lol I'll go back and take a look soon.
    It may be just me though. You know how bugs are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    That is so ignorant i would be hardpressed to continue.
    How about i just tell you to fuck off and stop replying to anything i write. You add nothing. Go back to BSN for the whining since its always something stupid when you appear.
    Its like im back at 4chan.

That's enough. If you don't like what someone says, ignore it and move on.
    Its just not worth arguing with a guy like rhorle. Every page without a reply from him is relieving. Seriously I am sick of that. Why cant he just accept it when someone has a different opinion than his without ripping posts he does not like apart? Ever since I've posted for the first time in is thread I got annoyed by rhorle.

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 01:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    Glad to see another raging and desperate customer that got scammed by BW and lost 4 hours of his life plus 15 bucks for worthless and shallow entertaining ... Seriously you act like those guys on BSN. It's still your opinion and I respect that. I just find it silly to complain about the things you mentioned.
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2012-11-29 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    It makes your Shepard redistribute power right away instead of sitting there in agony while the button flashes and Petrovsky taunts you. Nyreen also doesn't get shot.

Your Shepard says something about not being some common military goon or some such as well. I can't remember the exact quote.
    WhatTheFuckAwesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Glad to see another raging and desperate customer that got scammed by BW and lost 4 hours of his life plus 15 bucks for worthless and shallow entertaining ... Seriously you act like those guys on BSN. It's still your opinion and I respect that. I just find it silly to complain about the things you mentioned.
    Say, you buy a bottle of water as usual, but this one bottle of water has water that tastes funny. Will you complain? It's just a bottle of water for 15 bucks (let's assume it's huge - 4 gal). I'm not asking if you gonna call the company and ask for refund, no. I'm asking: will you complain, you know, on a forum about bottled water in a discussion about water from this particular retailer? People asking - "how's the water", and you go "well overall fine but this one bottle I had the other day... ew" - will you say that? Is it silly to inform other people that water from that retailer is not always top-notch?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    WhatTheFuckAwesome!
    I have a feeling their testing this out for ME4 or DA3, or perhaps both.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    I have a feeling their testing this out for ME4 or DA3, or perhaps both.
    Well, they have my full support for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    What? How is what ag666 said in any way as bad as you're making it out to be?

Deleted
    Why is the Acolyte so OP...
    Bye shields, say hello to cloak channel health/armour.

"I'm not some stupid military goon"

I think I should have waited a bit longer for the paragon interrupt, I interrupted Petrovsky's speech way too early.

Few button presses and a wave of the omni tool, Oleg shuts up and reactor responds to your whims.

I managed to find the terminals I've missed and the damn thing the mechanic wanted too.

It lasted about 3.15 this time around, so I'd say 3 hours is a good enough run on insanity with collecting everything on the way. (I double checked a few areas for longer than I should this time.)
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorage View Post
    I managed to find the terminals I've missed and the damn thing the mechanic wanted too.)
    It is in the room where you meet the Talons

I didn't find the couch for Harrot . . . or his cigar.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    Just something cool I discovered, there is an engineer only paragon interrupt at the reactor in the Omega DLC. I think this is the first class interrupt ever.
    I guess I didn't have a high enough Paragon score or something because I was an Engineer and all I got were long strings of Renegade interrupts. QQ I knew I should've edited my paragon/renegade scores. lol

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 04:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    I didn't find the couch for Harrot . . . or his cigar.
    The couch was underwater when you're with Aria. There's a spot you have to raise a dam to get across. The couch is in the space below where the water used to be, there's a ladder down.