Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    The FPS difference people can see is subjective.
    Ofc it's subjective, but 60hz is 60hz, 9000fps would still be 60 different images per second.
    If the game isn't smooth with 60fps, it's the game not running smooth itself, as it is the case with minecraft (to name a extreme).

On topic: I'd personally go with the IPS. TN absolutely doesn't compare. IPS was made to replace TN, particularly in reference to the viewing angle. As a "side effect", you get more vivid colours. I haven't used a TN panel in years, and i honestly wouldn't go back to them. General IPS panels at 1080p are cheap enough and readily available that buying TN isn't something i'd consider.
    You forgot the better contrast
    But really, after having and IPS, a TN just wouldn't be fun to have anymore.
    CPU:i5-3570k@0,930V MB:ASUS P8Z77-V GPU:GTX 680 Lightning RAM:8GB DDR3 1600

If you go IPS you can't switch back to TN. Just like I can't switch back to 60hz from 120hz.
    Playing since 2007.

Deleted
    I don't know if i can see the difference in reactivity but here a 2ms :
    ww w.lesnumeriques.com/moniteur-ecran-lcd/philips-227e3lh-p11525/test.html

Real reactivity ~17ms , so it depends on the fiability of the 5ms annonced on the spec , it can sucks playing with it .
    But 5ms can be superior than 2 ms in real response time .
    Last edited by mmoca481d478a8; 2012-11-22 at 10:34 PM.

Deleted
    So I'll be going for the IPS monitor.

Narrowed it down to these two; pretty thin edges, which is ideal for my multi-monitor setup.

- LG IPS237L-BN
    - AOC e2357FM

The AOC i2367fh isn't being sold anywhere yet

Anyway, I've only had Samsung screens and I am very pleased with them so far.
    I've never had an AOC or LG screen, anyone got some experience with any of these two brands?

These are the specs:
    LG
    Contrast ratio: 1000:1 / 5000000:1 (dynamic)
    Response time: 5 MS GTG
    Resolution: 1920x1080

AOC
    Contrast ratio: 20000000:1 (dynamic)
    Response time: 2ms
    Resolution: 1920x1080

So the AOC has a faster response time and a higher contrast ratio?
    What does contrast ratio even mean? Brightness / sharpness of the colors?
    Last edited by mmoc2be3b3a67c; 2012-11-29 at 08:57 AM.

How do you know the contrast ratio of the AoC one? It isn't listed. Dynamic is mumbojumbo.
    The LG has much larger bezels than they give the impression of; The outer bezels are slim, but the bezels around the panels are much thicker. Don't know anything about the AoC one.

I'd not be comfortable with either, considering the abhorring connectivity on the LG one. Good monitor most likely, but the drawbacks are big ones.

Deleted
    asus will be releasing a new monitor (soonish) i think. IPS screen with a smaller bezel, might be a bit to pricy. They look good tho :P

Pic is of the 27 inch version, but there will be also a 23 one.

http://ic.tweakimg.net/ext/i/1339139378.jpeg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    How do you know the contrast ratio of the AoC one? It isn't listed. Dynamic is mumbojumbo.
    From the website of the store that sells it.

The LG has much larger bezels than they give the impression of; The outer bezels are slim, but the bezels around the panels are much thicker. Don't know anything about the AoC one.
    Yeah, I know. Did some research earlier and already know that it's still like 1.1 cm. Still pretty thin though!

I'd not be comfortable with either, considering the abhorring connectivity on the LG one. Good monitor most likely, but the drawbacks are big ones.
    Hmm.. could you recommend a different 23/24" IPS monitor ( with pref a thin edge/bezel ) then?