Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vuljatar View Post
    Do you honestly believe that U.S. citizens hate or fear every single one of their neighbors, or are you just saying that to be rude?

Canada is a very different country than the United States in a great many ways. I'm not arrogant enough to think that what is best for my country would be best for all countries, and if you are more comfortable in a country with much stricter gun laws and a much dimmer view of self-defense, then I am happy for you that you live there.

Defending yourself with martial arts--even against someone who only has a knife--is not nearly as effective as defending yourself with a gun, and will put you unnecessarily in danger. Even the best martial artist in the world can make a fatal mistake against a knife-wielding assailant. I would much rather fire 3-5 shots at the attacker's center of mass and be done with it. No, I do not care that I am more likely to kill my attacker with a gun than I am with martial arts--why should I? I didn't cause the altercation, and I am going to do everything in my power to end it without allowing harm to come to myself.

I'm a Libertarian, buddy, if there's two sources I don't listen to it's the government and the media.

Criminals in the United States have guns. This is a fact that no amount of draconian gun control laws will ever be able to change. And if defending yourself against a knife-wielding attacker with martial arts is extremely dangerous, defending yourself that way against a gun-wielding attacker is borderline suicidal. So the question is, should the everyday law-abiding civilian be powerless against the criminals, or should they have the right and the ability to defend themselves when necessary? I believe they should, and that is why I support the second amendment and the castle doctrine.
    So, you say he is being rude by implying Americans live in fear of their neighbors, yet turn around in that same post and say not having a gun makes us powerless against the criminals who crowd the streets that do have guns. You're the one implying Americans must live in fear, so far as I can see.

Quite frankly, I don't buy it. I'm an American with a wife and two children, trust me, I have a lot to want to defend. Yet... choosing a decent place to live, keeping good terms with my neighbors, and not dealing with less than savory characters has left my home safe from being broken into. I'm not saying I don't have some defenses in place, my wife has a canister of pepper spray in her purse and a Louisville Slugger in the closet next to the door. I feel no need to purchase a firearm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post

Now that ive actually clicked the link.. I knew the kid would be black. I can almost guarantee the kid and his friends ran their mouths at the guy and one of those idiots made a comment about a gun.
    Black, white, brown, Asian, doesn't matter. In a public place they can play their music as loud as they want to. If the store didn't complain than the guy had no right to confront them.

You just don't get to pick fights with people in public and then not face the consequences.

Why is it always some gun toting vigilante wannabee shooting unarmed people after they were a "victim"?

These people know the laws by the book and how to legally murder someone if they get their feelings hurt. Because in FL all you have to do is "feel" threatened to murder someone.

First you hard to fear for life if you beat someone in a fist fight, now you can't even exchange words without getting shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    So you'll let anyone carry a weapon, and only take it away once they've killed someone? Nice.
    owning a weapon and carrying a weapon are 2 different things

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiped View Post
    Now this is my mistake, I never should talk about adult things on forums - it leads to stupidity like your post. I'm going to pass on pointing out how bad your interpretation is and just focus on something you can hopefully understand.

I'm talking about lack of respect, I'm talking about not caring of how your actions affect other people and finally I'm talking about stupidity. You have to be stupid for turning up a music in public place or just very ignorant. Maybe I don't want to listen to your music? Did it ever occur to you? Why I must be FORCED to listen?

You want loud music? Go play it at home - OH WAIT, you can't, your mother forbid you.

You know what? I would love to ask in 10 years (right now you're 12?) how much you appreciate loud music of your neighbour when you just came home from 10 hour work shift and just want to rest and sleep in piece. Yeah, I bet you will love it. You will love it so much that you'll even let him fuck your own wife, right? I mean come on! It's a music and it's loud! You gotta love that neighbour.

Same thing with public places. This means it's a shared space. SHARED. That means you can't just do whatever the fuck you want, you have to mind other. Imagine if everyone would just turn up their music. How fucking fun that would have to be...
    You're just a foul mouthed teenager and you do not deserve my attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Yeh outside of your own house gangs are lurkin waiting to prey on the unwary.
    MS-13 is very active probably about 15 miles away from where I live. I don't have to be concerned walking down the street, but there is still potential for gang-related crime to crop up in the area I live in. The cops do a pretty great job of deterring them from hanging around this area, but they only need to get through once.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    No one in his sane state of mind would ask a SUV with 4 peeps inside to lower down The music unless they're looking for a fight.
    This guy was looking for it to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearandcheer View Post
    So, you say he is being rude by implying Americans live in fear of their neighbors, yet turn around in that same post and say not having a gun makes us powerless against the criminals who crowd the streets that do have guns. You're the one implying Americans must live in fear, so far as I can see.
    Not having a gun makes you almost powerless if you are attacked by someone with a gun. And please do point out where I said that criminals crowd the streets, or that Americans should live in fear.

Quite frankly, I don't buy it. I'm an American with a wife and two children, trust me, I have a lot to want to defend. Yet... choosing a decent place to live, keeping good terms with my neighbors, and not dealing with less than savory characters has left my home safe from being broken into. I'm not saying I don't have some defenses in place, my wife has a canister of pepper spray in her purse and a Louisville Slugger in the closet next to the door. I feel no need to purchase a firearm.
    Okay. That's your choice, and it's one I can understand and respect even though I would not make the same choice myself. I choose a gun for self-defense because it is accurate over a longer distance than pepper spray, is effective at rendering someone harmless (as opposed to causing them to fire/swing blindly and wildly), doesn't require getting within arms reach like a baseball bat or other melee weapon, and is not thwarted by heavy clothing like a taser.

Deleted
    Not having a gun makes you almost powerless if you are attacked by someone with a gun. And please do point out where I said that criminals crowd the streets, or that Americans should live in fear.

Okay. That's your choice, and it's one I can understand and respect even though I would not make the same choice myself. I choose a gun for self-defense because it is accurate over a longer distance than pepper spray, is effective at rendering someone harmless (as opposed to causing them to fire/swing blindly and wildly), doesn't require getting within arms reach like a baseball bat or other melee weapon, and is not thwarted by heavy clothing like a taser.
    I don't understand. The way you defend yourself from a burglar is not by shooting him its by not letting him in.
    You get mugged if you take a walk in dodgy places where no one knows you.

I know which places I can go to with my wife, and which ones to avoid. This is how I defend myself. By not making it happen.
    I see a group of 17 years old boys coming towards me? Straight face not a word and possibly walk a different route.
    You don always have to face the adversities, you can and you should avoid them.
    Something that this gentleman here didn't do.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    In a public place they can play their music as loud as they want to.
    No, you cant. In no town I have ever been in, can you just blare your music as loud as you want. There are city ordinances against that. I have personally seen people pulled over and issued tickets for loud music.

You just don't get to pick fights with people in public and then not face the consequences.
    You are absolutely correct. However, while the guy shouldnt have said anything, he did but he isnt the only one at fault. Id bet anything, the people in the other care got loud right back at him.

Why is it always some gun toting vigilante wannabee shooting unarmed people after they were a "victim"?
    Yes because the 4 innocent BLACK (ill be "THAT" guy) teenagers, in a SUV, at night, in front of a liquor store, playing LOUD rap music, were such innocent little kids that absolutely nothing was going to happen to the lone white old guy in the other vehicle.

I don't understand. They way you defend yourself from a burglar is not by shooting him its by not letting him in.

I know which places I can go to with my wife, and which ones to avoid. This is how I defend myself. By not making it happen.
    I see a group of 17 years old boys coming towards me? Straight face not a word and possibly walk a different route.
    Please tell me you're joking.. Seriously, you cant be that fucking naive
    Last edited by babalou1; 2012-11-29 at 09:07 AM.

Lol, this actually made the news.

"For the first time in living memory, New York has spent a day entirely without violent crime."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20536201

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand. The way you defend yourself from a burglar is not by shooting him its by not letting him in.
    Windows can be broken, doors can be broken, etc.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Deleted
    Yes because the 4 innocent BLACK (ill be "THAT" guy) teenagers, in a SUV, at night, in front of a liquor store, playing LOUD rap music, were such innocent little kids that absolutely nothing was going to happen to the lone white old guy in the other vehicle.
    /thread

That pretty much sums it up. I'm pretty sure it wasn't because of loud music he fired those shots...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Windows can be broken, doors can be broken, etc.
    Maybe in 1976. I'm a builder and I can assure you every single window and door in the market now AS STANDARD needs hours of work by an expert, to break it.
    And if you want to spend a bit more triple glasses with a thin layer of plastic as I fitted myself personally once.
    Worth 3 guns.

Most people don't choose to let burglars into their home.

My front and back doors are both locked with deadbolts, but I'm not going to put bars over my windows. If someone wants to break into my house, they will be able to. I'm not going to go to the great lengths I would have to go to in order to make entry near-impossible.

I avoid dodgy places as much as I can, which is 99.9% of the time. The other 0.1% of the time I'm glad I have the equipment and knowledge to defend myself should the need arise.

The "gentleman" in the news story is pretty clearly a psycho, and from what I've read a murderer. No-one is defending him (except that annoying troll who I'm really not sure if he's even serious).

Maybe in 1976. I'm a builder and I can assure you every single window and door in the market now AS STANDARD needs hours of work by an expert, to break it.
    And if you want to spend a bit more triple glasses with a thin layer of plastic as I fitted myself personally once.
    Worth 3 guns.
    Really? Because Im pretty sure the NEWLY built house next door, had a window broken with a brick, that some jackass threw because his ex cheated on him.

Deleted
    Most people don't choose to let burglars into their home.

My front and back doors are both locked with deadbolts, but I'm not going to put bars over my windows. If someone wants to break into my house, they will be able to. I'm not going to go to the great lengths I would have to go to in order to make entry near-impossible.

I avoid dodgy places as much as I can, which is 99.9% of the time. The other 0.1% of the time I'm glad I have the equipment and knowledge to defend myself should the need arise.

The "gentleman" in the news story is pretty clearly a psycho, and from what I've read a murderer. No-one is defending him (except that annoying troll who I'm really not sure if he's even serious).
    As I said to pizzashark. What's standard on the market now is close to unbreakable.
    If you want to invest in security, make your home a fortress. There is lights, wireless alarms, triple glazed windows, and all Of this has The minimal visual effect.
    No burglar can find his way in under a flashlight, alarm playing, unbreakable windows, and inaccessible door.

I understand what you're saying about feeling protected when you're around.
    But you do consider the consequences of carrying a gun if something goes wrong. They outweight MASSIVELY the minimal chance you get robbed in your local city centre or whatnot.

Worth 3 guns.
    Indeed. Too many people worry about what to do if they get in instead of thinking about what they can do to keep them out. An alarm for less than 500 dollars would solve a lot of it, but yeah, some people just don't like that option.

Deleted
    Really? Because Im pretty sure the NEWLY built house next door, had a window broken with a brick, that some jackass threw because his ex cheated on him.
    Pay peanuts you get monkey.
    It's YOUR own job to invest in your own security.
    I can assure you you can throw brick to a triple glazed window as long as you want.
    I just had them fitted in my own place. AND they're great for insulation call today 10% off
    Seriously though.
    I'd invest in real security more then gun. A gun won't stop them to come in and who knows what happens then aye?

As I said to pizzashark. What's standard on the market now is close to unbreakable.
    If you want to invest in security, make your home a fortress. There is lights, wireless alarms, triple glazed windows, and all Of this has The minimal visual effect.
    No burglar can find his way in under a flashlight, alarm playing, unbreakable windows, and inaccessible door.

I understand what you're saying about feeling protected when you're around.
    But you do consider the consequences of carrying a gun if something goes wrong. They outweight MASSIVELY the minimal chance you get robbed in your local city centre or whatnot.
    You are mistaken. There are extremely durable windows available but they are not cheap and they are certainly not standard. I don't live in a bad neighborhood so I don't think spending thousands of dollars turning my house into a fortress would be a good investment, given the fact that none of those security systems are ever likely to be used. I'd rather spend a couple hundred on a decent pistol and shotgun that I can also use to hunt and have fun with at the range.

If I lived in a bad part of town I would be far more inclined to make those sort of security investments when I could afford them.

Please explain what you mean by "the consequences of carrying a gun if something goes wrong".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    Indeed. Too many people worry about what to do if they get in instead of thinking about what they can do to keep them out. An alarm for less than 500 dollars would solve a lot of it, but yeah, some people just don't like that option.
    Alarm systems give you the illusion of safety. If some dude decides he wants to break in and murder you or rape you or whatever, the alarm system and deadbolts on your door ain't gonna stop them, and the police will arrive in minutes, not seconds.