Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    The Chaos Bolt delaying because of the dot is awful...

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Yeah. They need to fix it.

What do you mean by not having mana for Fel Flames? If I'm doing just the normal rotation I tend to run out of mana around 50 seconds into the fight (when I almost have 4 embers and like 5 seconds on eng-gloves)

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 01:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    I am still waiting for someone to say how is destro doing now! Do you see much dps increase? Are we finally a bit close to the other specs>? /tap

I am at work and cannot test but I am anxious to read!
    My logs from last night (full clear in Mogushan and first 2 in HoF on 10H):

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6xexu3z3upsyo9sb/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/sqp5y3uyeehd6ysc/

I'm pissed at myself for forgetting to spec Mannoroth's Fury on garajal. I also accidentally cast my 3 fully buffed shadowburns on the target I havoc'd on Stone Guard. (

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 01:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aruotnof View Post
    25% of total CB damage turned dot now (with GoSac). I'm not sure if pandemic work with it... If doesn't work, destro will have a problem to chain CB! (IMO)
    Actually, it apparently doesn't even count as a DoT because if you overwrite the DoT you lose ticks! Never cast 2 chaos bolts back to back if you're near the boss! Especially under a haste buff

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 01:54 PM ----------

Î haven't seen it mentionned yet : FnB+Conflag has now 2 charges like the normal Conflag, it wasn't this way before 5.1 right ?

Edit: ok it's a nerf actually, the charges are now shared -_-
    It wasn't, and it somewhat sucks because it means we have only 2 conflags to ever work with, but it's a slight AoE buff as we can have lots of backdraft for AoE now, without having to cast a single target conflag.

I think they changed it this way because of the bug where casting FnBConflag would sometimes consume a charge of your non-FnBConflags but not show on the client side, so you'd be hitting conflag with a charge and being told it's not ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Yeah. They need to fix it.

What do you mean by not having mana for Fel Flames? If I'm doing just the normal rotation I tend to run out of mana around 50 seconds into the fight (when I almost have 4 embers and like 5 seconds on eng-gloves)

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 01:49 PM ----------

My logs from last night (full clear in Mogushan and first 2 in HoF on 10H):

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6xexu3z3upsyo9sb/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/sqp5y3uyeehd6ysc/

I'm pissed at myself for forgetting to spec Mannoroth's Fury on garajal. I also accidentally cast my 3 fully buffed shadowburns on the target I havoc'd on Stone Guard. (

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 01:51 PM ----------

Actually, it apparently doesn't even count as a DoT because if you overwrite the DoT you lose ticks! Never cast 2 chaos bolts back to back if you're near the boss! Especially under a haste buff

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 01:54 PM ----------

It wasn't, and it somewhat sucks because it means we have only 2 conflags to ever work with, but it's a slight AoE buff as we can have lots of backdraft for AoE now, without having to cast a single target conflag.

I think they changed it this way because of the bug where casting FnBConflag would sometimes consume a charge of your non-FnBConflags but not show on the client side, so you'd be hitting conflag with a charge and being told it's not ready.
    Not to mention that AoE Conflag is amazing for DPS. It's instant, hits harder than Incinerate, and now generates embers. For Elegon charges, it hits like a damn truck.

Deleted
    Never cast 2 chaos bolts back to back if you're near the boss! Especially under a haste buff
    Actually your distance from the boss has no impact, example with 0 haste and boss 2 sec away:
    0.0: Start casting 1st CB
    3.0: Finish casting 1st CB and start casting the 2nd one
    5.0: 1st CB hit the boss
    6.0:Finish casting 2nd CB
    8.0: 2nd CB hit the boss

There will always be *CB cast time* delay between two hits.

How so ? We used to have 1 FnB Conflag + 1/2 Conflags reloading behind, now we have only one Conflag every 12 sec in sustained AoE :/
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2012-11-28 at 11:39 PM.

Actually your distance from the boss has no impact, example with 0 haste and boss 2 sec away:
    0.0: Start casting 1st CB
    3.0: Finish casting 1st CB and start casting the 2nd one
    5.0: 1st CB hit the boss
    6.0:Finish casting 2nd CB
    8.0: 2nd CB hit the boss

There will always be *CB cast time* delay between two hits.

How so ? We used to have 1 FnB Conflag + 1/2 Conflags reloading behind, now we have only one Conflag every 12 sec in sustained AoE :/
    Point 1: Fair Point.

Point 2: Without specifically saving some charges for AoE I agree with you that it's a nerf. That said now we can save up 1 charge specifically for when AoE is going to happen.

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 04:12 PM ----------

Point 1: Fair Point.

Point 2: Without specifically saving some charges for AoE I agree with you that it's a nerf. That said now we can save up 1 charge specifically for when AoE is going to happen.
    I just thought about a way to not have to interrupt chaining chaos bolts. With the new KJC, start near the boss, cast one, then as you're casting the second/successive, run away from the boss. Increased travel time can make up the difference.

Deleted
    I just thought about a way to not have to interrupt chaining chaos bolts. With the new KJC, start near the boss, cast one, then as you're casting the second/successive, run away from the boss. Increased travel time can make up the difference.
    Yes I wanted to try that too

Clever but just because Blizzard decided to do a very quick and dirty "solution" to PvP whines, we have to invent things like that. Anyway, so in general, would you say that apart from the CB "dot" mechanic, you are happy with current state of destruction? On one target situation is it still low? Still "balanced" around Havoc?

The way Blizz are, they will change CB cast time to 5 seconds and report that solved the problem... =)

I have tested Dps last night and i see that something change , about dps hoping that it isn't a case, it is increased , about dot of Cb i think thta blizzard need to fix it because i don't see it on boss/target after i cast it.
    If blizz fix it Destro lock about dps can have a possibility to be balanced .

Atm i am using this config : 49% Mastery , 15% crit, 7.50% Haste , 14%hit ( with this i don't miss) unbuffed , this config seems to be very good and competitive.

Deleted
    ---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 02:15 PM ----------

Did a full msv run yesterday and i broke my record on elegon 132k and emperor 85k dps. Wich is a +-10k dps increase. These are both long fight's where you use havoc + CB allot. So the dot isnt really a nerf. You just have to micro manage your embers better on single target fights and dont use them on adds that will die before the dot is expired. They did nerf my +1% hit with wands tho

Quote Originally Posted by monello View Post
    I have tested Dps last night and i see that something change , about dps hoping that it isn't a case, it is increased , about dot of Cb i think thta blizzard need to fix it because i don't see it on boss/target after i cast it.
    If blizz fix it Destro lock about dps can have a possibility to be balanced .

Atm i am using this config : 49% Mastery , 15% crit, 7.50% Haste , 14%hit ( with this i don't miss) unbuffed , this config seems to be very good and competitive.
    You use sacrifice right? Otherwise there is no dot
    Last edited by mmocafd8a017da; 2012-11-29 at 01:20 PM.

Did you use CB chain? I´m afraid of losing the last dot tick... Maybe, use RoF between CB...

Is it certain that we are losing this last tick when use CB chain?... I read in some thread that although the last tick doesn't appears, the damage isn´t lost according WoL! But, I´m not sure! I´m not home to check it now!

Deleted
    Well you might be true actually !

[21:27:11.637] Echo de force et de verve afflicted by Trait du chaos from Zûmzum
    [21:27:11.637] Zûmzum Trait du chaos Echo de force et de verve *410682*
    [21:27:12.643] Zûmzum Trait du chaos Echo de force et de verve *34294*
    [21:27:13.634] Zûmzum Trait du chaos Echo de force et de verve *34294*
    [21:27:14.378] Echo de force et de verve's Trait du chaos is refreshed by Zûmzum
    [21:27:14.378] Zûmzum Trait du chaos Echo de force et de verve *468122*
    [21:27:14.670] Zûmzum Trait du chaos Echo de force et de verve *38920*
    [21:27:15.633] Zûmzum Trait du chaos Echo de force et de verve *38919*
    [21:27:16.665] Zûmzum Trait du chaos Echo de force et de verve *38920*
    [21:27:17.654] Zûmzum Trait du chaos Echo de force et de verve *38919*
    Since everyone was saying it was lost I didn't even bothered checking

And what is even stranger is that the Dot takes the new value for all the ticks of the refreshed Dot, notice how I have 2+4 bigger ticks instead of 3+3

It seems to be working pretty well, 4 back to back CB :
    [21:30:22.656] Zûmzum Trait du chaos Vizir impérial Zor’lok *422984*
    [21:30:23.665] Zûmzum Trait du chaos Vizir impérial Zor’lok *35348*
    [21:30:24.666] Zûmzum Trait du chaos Vizir impérial Zor’lok *35348*
    [21:30:25.487] Zûmzum Trait du chaos Vizir impérial Zor’lok *515019*
    [21:30:25.668] Zûmzum Trait du chaos Vizir impérial Zor’lok *42912*
    [21:30:26.647] Zûmzum Trait du chaos Vizir impérial Zor’lok *42912*
    [21:30:27.656] Zûmzum Trait du chaos Vizir impérial Zor’lok *42912*
    [21:30:28.242] Zûmzum Trait du chaos Vizir impérial Zor’lok *515950*
    [21:30:28.649] Zûmzum Trait du chaos Vizir impérial Zor’lok *42912*
    [21:30:29.665] Zûmzum Trait du chaos Vizir impérial Zor’lok *42912*
    [21:30:30.655] Zûmzum Trait du chaos Vizir impérial Zor’lok *42912*
    [21:30:30.983] Zûmzum Trait du chaos Vizir impérial Zor’lok *481179*
    [21:30:31.661] Zûmzum Trait du chaos Vizir impérial Zor’lok *40205*
    [21:30:32.663] Zûmzum Trait du chaos Vizir impérial Zor’lok *40205*
    [21:30:33.661] Zûmzum Trait du chaos Vizir impérial Zor’lok *40204*
    [21:30:34.684] Zûmzum Trait du chaos Vizir impérial Zor’lok *40204*
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2012-11-29 at 02:30 PM.

Hey Zumzum... I saw a smile in your face! hahaha!

Deleted
    Yeah that's a relief

It's still a nerf in some situations though...
    [Other CBs]
    [00:29:29.256] Zûmzum Trait du chaos Sculpte-ambre Un’sok *1827643*
    [00:29:29.949] Zûmzum Trait du chaos Sculpte-ambre Un’sok *151990*
    [00:29:30.955] Zûmzum Trait du chaos Sculpte-ambre Un’sok *156212*
    *Un'sok goes almost immune*
    [00:29:31.938] Zûmzum Trait du chaos Sculpte-ambre Un’sok *1562*
    [00:29:32.944] Zûmzum Trait du chaos Sculpte-ambre Un’sok *1562*

Quote Originally Posted by Qball View Post
    ---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 02:15 PM ----------

You use sacrifice right? Otherwise there is no dot
    yes i use sacrifice, do you have the same problem?

Deleted
    Since everyone was saying it was lost I didn't even bothered checking
    Never trust anyone before you actually validate it

Quote Originally Posted by monello View Post
    I don't know about the 14% hit, but the rest of these numbers sound good to me. I notice that if crit is only 12/13% it doesn't seem to work out as well. So maybe 15% is the magic number for now? Although in my case at 7.5% haste simc still tells me to get more.
    Ashin, Stormreaver
    South of Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by nipil View Post
    Never trust anyone before you actually validate it
    I was the one that said that, and apparently Skada is doing something horribly wrong, because when I clipped the dot intentionally the number of hits+ticks wasn't adding up correctly.

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 07:07 PM ----------

I was the one that said that, and apparently Skada is doing something horribly wrong, because when I clipped the dot intentionally the number of hits+ticks wasn't adding up correctly.
    I think they fixed it on their end the past day or two, because I haven't updated any addons or changed anything, and skada's now correctly reporting the ticks, and I can see the correct number of ticks occuring on the target.

I have question about tier 5 talents. Grimoire of Supremacy still better than G. of Sacrifice? Was watching some destro vids and I notice many locks dont use pets.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    That was my worst fear about this stupid DoT too.....

Edit: Probably should have waited for my net to load up the rest of the posts. Stupid me >.<.
    Last edited by Medieve; 2012-11-30 at 07:48 PM.