Page 9 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The effort/reward structure of the game was rather drastically revamped in this expansion. That's the beating heart of an MMO.
    How so? They've added a couple of things and changed the loot system for LFR. I wouldn't call that a drastical change. Normal and Heroic modes are unaffected by that. Basically what they did was give players something to do outside of raids, because players complained there was nothing to do outside of raids. Now they complain that they have to put in more effort to get maximum rewards. It's really weird.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyUK View Post
    yeah but the problems was that in each expansion until cata that same stuff only showed growth since then its been on the decline and nothing they have tried is working to turn it around, that and the dips in other mmos, Gw2, SWTOR, Rift, show that people in general might not be as into it.
    They've recently recovered about a million subscribers. However that has nothing to do with the argument that there is nothing to do in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    People feel entitled nowadays, they want everything on a silver platter, but the content must be challenging,fun,not too hard, not grindy,spectacular but modest with deep story but not too much, in the end blizzard can't deliver such things since it is nigh impossible to please such a spoiled playerbase.
    That I feel seems to be the biggest problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    I think you look at it in a different way than I do. So, what you say about me is totally wrong.... I think you shouldn't try to speak for someone else unless you fully understand them.
    As you make it seem a question I'll try to say something about it:
    I play since tbc and enjoyed wow till shortly after MoP release. I never took a break or anything... kept playing and was really having a great time.

So I really don't think that I'm not really into MMO's... I just simply think that the direction Blizzard went is, is not for me.
    And what direction did they go? Like I said the core is still the same. If you played WoW til now because of raids, you can still do them. If you played WoW because of quests, you can still do them. In every expansion there are people saying "This game has gone into a direction I don't like so I'm gonna quit"

The only thing I can see different in MoP is that, for reputations you don't sling on a tabard and grind heroics, you get interesting content. If you don't like it don't do it. But then don't complain about the lack of content.

Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    Data is collected using the latest version of the CensusPlus UI Mod.

While we all know that WoW is boring and there's nothing to do, it appears that this data was collected from people using a specific mod, and isn't a real representation of anything.
    i'll explain

he's saying that a 50% drop on xfire is indicative of a large drop in wow as a whole.

that's how sample data works, it is what it is, and if it's good enough for you in every other part of your life, it's good enough for wow too

a lot of people have quit, i've quit again, didn't feel the urge to check out the new 5.shit patch. it's cata all over again.

same thing happened with gw2. i'm having a ton of fun playing skyrim with dawnguard. sarana is a bad ass sexy beast. sat up to 3 this morning when i should have went to bed at 12 because time flies when i'm having fun, and it fucking flew

last time i played wow i logged out at 10pm and called it a night and wanted to. if i can't sleep i'll sub back up to wow

okay, you are right!
    From now on if I start liking or disliking anything, I'll come to for the reasons. Stupid of me to think I knew why I am not enjoying myself anymore in wow.
    Maybe that's smart. Since you are stating reasons that are not true at all if you look at the facts. I don't know why, maybe it's better to blame "the direction wow is going" than to admit you lost interest completely to your years long addiction and hobby. It's hard to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    So, we must agree with OP or we are in denial ? lol ok
    No, you're free to present contrary evidence. If you can find any.

Simply dismissing the evidence for no good reason... yeah, that's pretty much the definition of denial.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

tweaking? Gilian you're something else really.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    How so? They've added a couple of things and changed the loot system for LFR. I wouldn't call that a drastical change. Normal and Heroic modes are unaffected by that. Basically what they did was give players something to do outside of raids, because players complained there was nothing to do outside of raids. Now they complain that they have to put in more effort to get maximum rewards. It's really weird.

They've recently recovered about a million subscribers. However that has nothing to do with the argument that there is nothing to do in the game.

That I feel seems to be the biggest problem.

And what direction did they go? Like I said the core is still the same. If you played WoW til now because of raids, you can still do them. If you played WoW because of quests, you can still do them. In every expansion there are people saying "This game has gone into a direction I don't like so I'm gonna quit"

The only thing I can see different in MoP is that, for reputations you don't sling on a tabard and grind heroics, you get interesting content. If you don't like it don't do it. But then don't complain about the lack of content.
    original wow was about being part of something big, working your ass off to be a hero. being known on your server IF you were good and being fine being a nobody if you weren't

today's wow is about easy access, completion, the end and nothing but the end

if you just cared about the end in vanilla wow, you never made it to the end. it took longer 1-60 than 1-90 takes now. you HAD to grind a few levels because you ran out of quests. everyone was on a level playing field and was happy being all they could be. people didn't guild hop like they do now, guilds were active and helpful because they were a bit more personal

sure at the top, big, REAL guilds poached anyone worthy but if you were poached, it was like everyone was glad for you. YOU MADE IT BRO, GO KILL ONY BECAUSE WE CAN'T...PUT IN A GOOD WORD FOR ME THOUGH

vanilla wow wouldn't last a year today. it would fail. today games are about finishing them fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Febreeze View Post
    And the news here is?
    Did you read the first post? The news is that the decline is much faster this time.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Vanilla WoW also had godawful quests, pointless gear checks, and mindless boss fights.

Stop rewriting history.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post

We'll see won't we

the fact thet they shoe horned MoP's release into the absolute last release day they could for the Q3 reporting meant they were always going to report an increase in subs for Q3,(if they didnt it would have been an absolute disaster) They have only recovered the subs if they keep them, Q4 and Q1 will only beable to show that.

And if you correlate the player activity that these 2 sources show, with what the same player activity showed post cata (hence the OP showing that data), then it wont.

You mean the design decisions in Cata for dungeon difficulty werent 180? :O cata release = hard stuff, Cata DS patch = piss easy dungeons.
    Yup, totally, they did a 180 on how they design dungeons, now when you enter a dungeon you stand perfectly still for 15-20 minutes then the boss appears in the distance and will eventually come close enough or attack you so you can fight them. Then after the QQ they did another 180 and made it so its players hunting bosses again.

You guys are acting like tweaking the dungeon difficulty at the start of Cata was the same as them say, removing raiding as end-game and making it all about PvP progression or an actual CHANGE IN DIRECTION, not a tweaking of difficulties.

See my initial post for a more detailed breakdown on how you can support opposing design decisions because neither of them impacted on your enjoyment of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    No, you're free to present contrary evidence. If you can find any.

Simply dismissing the evidence for no good reason... yeah, that's pretty much the definition of denial.
    Well, from my personal experience we got some decline but not a huge one, way better than Cata after launch, if you ask me. But again I can only speak for a few servers I play on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Vanilla WoW also had godawful quests, pointless gear checks, and mindless boss fights.

Stop rewriting history.
    You cant rewrite it because Vanilla, TBC, WOTLK all showed increases in players/subs and player activity Cata and MoP havent.

You mean the design decisions in Cata for dungeon difficulty werent 180? :O cata release = hard stuff, Cata DS patch = piss easy dungeons.
    So you played during DS piss easy content. Then they make a new expansion stating heroics are going to be even easier than WotLK heroics which is completely not contradicting to the direction they want to go. You then buy the game and now it's suddenly not good?

So what are these contradicting game design decisions we are talking about? The dailies?

You cant rewrite it because Vanilla, TBC, WOTLK all showed increases in players/subs and player activity Cata and MoP havent.
    Vanilla + TBC was growing interest.

Wrath had highest sub counts. Was also the easiest expansion to date.

Kind of destroys the entire theory of people wanting to go back to Vanilla/TBC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    didn't feel the urge to check out the new 5.shit patch. it's cata all over again.

same thing happened with gw2. i'm having a ton of fun playing skyrim with dawnguard. sarana is a bad ass sexy beast. sat up to 3 this morning when i should have went to bed at 12 because time flies when i'm having fun, and it fucking flew
    It is now that the story starts to become good again. Now that they are gonna destroy this harmonic place.

The game is quite hard again and some will take refuge in easier games until cata "reward for no effort" system kicks in again.

Some people should study these two before commenting on reliability.

Like the one commenter below.

using xfire gaming data - proceed to leave thread. stop trying to interpret things without having any REAL data, just play the game. if you don't like it, quit.
    http://www.isixsigma.com/tools-templ...s-made-simple/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margin_of_error
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    original wow was about being part of something big, working your ass off to be a hero. being known on your server IF you were good and being fine being a nobody if you weren't

today's wow is about easy access, completion, the end and nothing but the end

if you just cared about the end in vanilla wow, you never made it to the end. it took longer 1-60 than 1-90 takes now. you HAD to grind a few levels because you ran out of quests. everyone was on a level playing field and was happy being all they could be. people didn't guild hop like they do now, guilds were active and helpful because they were a bit more personal

sure at the top, big, REAL guilds poached anyone worthy but if you were poached, it was like everyone was glad for you. YOU MADE IT BRO, GO KILL ONY BECAUSE WE CAN'T...PUT IN A GOOD WORD FOR ME THOUGH

vanilla wow wouldn't last a year today. it would fail. today games are about finishing them fast.
    Still the content in vanilla was quests, raids and dungeons. And easy access to the game began when they created raids like ZG and AQ20, which was in vanilla. If the original wow was about "working your ass off to be a hero", then only a small percent of the playerbase ever achieved that. You can still work your ass off to be a "hero" though, there is still hard content in the game. And I doubt you have cleared all bosses on heroic, so the game caters to people like you.

using xfire gaming data - proceed to leave thread. stop trying to interpret things without having any REAL data, just play the game. if you don't like it, quit.

tweaking? Gilian you're something else really.
    So what are these game breaking, contradicting game decisions they took? Please enlighten me.

I'd be playing if Ele Shams didn't suck dick in PvP. But alas, they do...