Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Shield Wall dropping for Fury 5.1

Good day,

After 5.1 it appears as though for Fury you can no longer pop on a shield, pop Shield Wall then go back to 2xWeapons and keep the buff.

Has anyone else noticed this as having to stand around like Billy no mates with a shield on makes me sad inside.

If one of you kind people could verify this it would be appreciated
    Last edited by mmocfcf9e7b9d7; 2012-11-29 at 02:26 PM.

it appears or you can not do it? Have you tried keeping your normal mainhand on or is the buff removed just with unequiping your offhand or is it removed equipping your shield only? Just some questions to help you figure it out without me speccing fury :=)

It was like that pre patch, at least for arms. So I'd say it's a fix if it was bugged for fury earlier.

10+ Year Old Account
    It has been doable since ICC but I'll test it here shortly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Deleted
    Sorry typo on OP. Yes i meant you can no longer do it for Fury.

For Arms you always lost the Shield Wall buff as soon as you equip you 2her but for Fury you could always keep it up after 2xweapons were equipped.

Its a shame if its changed

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, no longer possible, but we can still do things like Heroic Baelroc soak, just need to keep the shield on now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Deleted
    Yes so sad that you cannot do it anymore

stealth nerf. this sux, 1 less survivability CD to use in PVE. Would imagine the cry in PVP.

Deleted
    good change tbh.

This is a good fix, I don't see why they would actually keep something like this in the game. Its called Shield Wall, it only makes sense that it would require you to have a shield equipped for its duration in you want the full benefits.

Good fix for PVP. Shitty that this makes warriors have that gone for PVE.

10+ Year Old Account
    As Fury I was experiencing this for weeks before 5.1. Experimenting with it caused me to drop my Shield Wall macro because I noticed my buff disappeared the moment I swapped my shield off. Although, based on the number of people insisting otherwise here, I'm wondering if I was hallucinating or something.

What I did notice in 5.1 is that Spell Reflection now has the same behavior for me, leading to another deleted macro. =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekked View Post
    stealth nerf. this sux, 1 less survivability CD to use in PVE. Would imagine the cry in PVP.
    No, it's just asshattery.

Developers think that it adds flavor to this absolutely tasteless class. They think its fun.

Which just baffles me, because if equipment lag and losing dps/pressure is so much fun, then why are Warriors the only class in the game that has to put up with it? I don't think anyone would care if you could still be offensive with sword and board, but ever since they raped Warriors in the Cata prepatch, it's just a huge, huge disappointing dps loss to even use Shield Wall.

Now the only time it's ever going to be used is when it will make the difference between life and death.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle View Post
    This is a good fix, I don't see why they would actually keep something like this in the game. Its called Shield Wall, it only makes sense that it would require you to have a shield equipped for its duration in you want the full benefits.
    I will agree with you

when every class in this game has to equip white weapons and be locked out of core class abilities to use defensive cooldowns.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle View Post
    So if it was called tenacity instead of shield wall, you'd be kk with it?

Finally. The only reason ive been seeing so many terrible fury warriors is because they all could use a shield wall/weapon swap macro and burst with 2x 2handers and shield wall up. As arms I usually got a duel request walking from shrine to flight master from some fury, was wondering why I didnt get any this week =P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Somewowguy View Post
    Finally. The only reason ive been seeing so many terrible fury warriors is because they all could use a shield wall/weapon swap macro and burst with 2x 2handers and shield wall up. As arms I usually got a duel request walking from shrine to flight master from some fury, was wondering why I didnt get any this week =P
    Yeah... terrible warriors, using their class abilities like that. Positively unheard of

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    Yeah... terrible warriors, using their class abilities like that. Positively unheard of

Ya. TERRIBLE. WARRIORS. I love em. All of em. I hope they keep playing. Because the more terrible warriors running around without blanket silence and no more shield walling without a shield now, the more likely my next target to think im on of those TERRIBLE WARRIORS, allowing me to kill them easier.

TERRIBLE WARRIORS:
    Warriors who cry about nerfs.
    Warriors who macro HS into every ability.
    Warriors who cry about other classes in PvP.

WARRIORS:
    Warriors who kill members of the opposing faction and or large scary monsters.
    Warriors who do not go through a box of tissues each patch drop.

See? subclasses! its a very complicated class

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Somewowguy View Post
    See? subclasses! its a very complicated class
    Not really, just a lot of buttons to micro manage but when doing DPS, you macro a lot of those. The basics of the class aren't complicated at all, at least, not more complicated than any other class anyway. By the way, those subclasses of yours, they aren't mutually exclusive. A good warrior can be upset about patch notes. Just saying.

don't feed the troll

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    don't feed the troll
    Sowwy... just had these extra cookies and didn't want them to go bad ;D