Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo 3, Dragon age 2 and Mass Effect 3's ending.

And Guild Wars 2, i was expecting so much after all the positive reviews, got to 25 before i was so bored i couldn't bring myself to log back in again.

Honestly i was really happy with Swtor and Age of conan which alot of people seem to post here.

Deleted
    1.RIFT - wow killer LOL
    2.SWTOR - more nockbacks please
    3.AION - ...

Quote Originally Posted by Critical92 View Post
    Honestly i was really happy with Swtor and Age of conan which alot of people seem to post here.
    I really enjoyed Age of Conan too. I still play it from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    I really enjoyed Age of Conan too. I still play it from time to time.
    I liked it.. until level 20, then the quality just dropped so drastically, it was honestly disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I liked it.. until level 20, then the quality just dropped so drastically, it was honestly disappointing.
    The PVP was pretty awesome though. The quest quality did drop though, and having to grind out the last 10ish levels or so was a drag. The combat was great though. I pretty much killed everything I came across just because I enjoyed the combat so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Bob View Post
    Yes and no. People expect so much from video games nowadays that the industry simply can't keep up. Gamers have been spoiled rotten and learned to have very high demands regardless that games that actually come close to meeting most of these demands are extremely rare.
    Yes, it is extremely rare to get a hold of a good game like BG2, Torment, NWN2, Pharaoh, AoE2, kotor etc, because most of the games nowadays are more about shiny pixels and $$$ from innitial sales and microtransactions than about being a good game. Its sad when I want to play a good game, I have to put 10-15 years old CD in.

on topic: biggest letdown was SWToR for me. Played it for 2 months or so, leveled 5 classes to 50, but there was very little to do afterwards, so I guess okay singleplayer game, horrible MMO. I gave the F2P a try, but when I saw I had to buy extra action bars just so i could fit all my skills on them...

D3 was another. I had it to from AP thank god, because it was boring as hell. Maybe its better now, after 8 months (still without pvp?) but I dont care anymore. It should have been polished at launch, not the clusterfuck it was.

DNF... nuff said.

oh yea, and Oblivion. For some reason, after great Morrowind, I couldnt bring myself to play Oblivion, I had few like 30 minute sessions but always quit of being bored.
    Last edited by Sarevokcz; 2012-11-29 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    Yes, it is extremely rare to get a hold of a good game like BG2, Torment, NWN2, Pharaoh, AoE2, kotor etc, because most of the games nowadays are more about shiny pixels and $$$ from innitial sales and microtransactions than about being a good game. Its sad when I want to play a good game, I have to put 10-15 years old CD in.
    This is a great reply to the quoted words. And this will never change because the masses will continue to buy these subpar games. And that's all these companies care about. They put a little effort in, and get an assload of money for it. It is very sad that in order to play a decent, complete game you have to play a game that is 10+ years old. Very sad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    This is a great reply to the quoted words. And this will never change because the masses will continue to buy these subpar games. And that's all these companies care about. They put a little effort in, and get an assload of money for it. It is very sad that in order to play a decent, complete game you have to play a game that is 10+ years old. Very sad.
    Do you guys just completely ignore indie games or what. It sort of reminds me of people who listen exclusively to dadrock and complain about modern music when their only source of "modern music" is the radio or TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Do you guys just completely ignore indie games or what.
    95% of indie games are complete garbage, its even worse than EA. Just because some of the good games are independent it doesnt mean all of them are great.

Oblivion
    DA2
    Cata? EQ2?

Those 2 really stick out, maybe Cataclysm as well although it really only completely collapsed with Dragon Soul. I've played many, many games worse than these but for it to be a huge disappointment for me then I needed to already be really invested in the series. I liked DA2, it's just that DAO was so great that I was very let down. As for Oblivion, it was already a drag and when I did one portal and learned the rest of the game would be doing that over and over I just quit and never finished. I'm sure ME3 makes many people's lists, but for me even though the last 15 minutes was awful the game itself was outstanding and the best of the series (I thought). I had so much fun playing that I didn't want it to end. I can't say a game that good is a huge disappointment no matter how bad the ending was (it was really, really bad though). Oh, an honorable mention is EQ2. I wasn't super hardcore with Everquest but I played quite a bit and enjoyed it. I spent some time in the WoW beta before EQ2 came out and was amazed. Naturally, I was hoping EQ2 would be equally as compelling and I gave it a whirl as, iirc, it came out 2 weeks before WoW. Well, they rushed it out and it was basically garbage, I quit at lvl20 I think from sheer boredom and just sat around and waited the last few days until WoW was released. As for SWTOR, I really enjoyed leveling and the crafting system and it was only after I reached max level and tried to run dungeons and raids that I really became disillusioned with the game. They did a lot of things right, just not enough of them to challenge the 800 lb gorilla.
    Last edited by Dunkman; 2012-11-29 at 06:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    95% of indie games are complete garbage, its even worse than EA. Just because some of the good games are independent it doesnt mean all of them are great.
    95% of all artistic production of any medium of any point in time of any genre is complete garbage.

Warfighter

Nothing is worse than that.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Warfighter

Nothing is worse than that.
    Silver Dollar games

I highly doubt that generic FPS is worse than games like this.
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2012-11-29 at 07:18 PM.

Let's get back on topic. There are good games and bad games; it doesn't matter if they're indie or not.

1. TOR - Usually with bad games I can sort of see what they were aiming for but even without accounting for their budget and the amount of time I'm at a loss as to why to what they were thinking.

2. The Force Unleashed 2 - I couldn't believe how short it was (6 hours). Not to mention the last boss fight (Uggghhh).

3. NFS: The Run - Single Player was too short/Game crippling bugs unless you were lucky/Multiplayer wasn't fun among others. I think I played it for a week and haven't been back since.

Oh man I forgot about Dragon Age 2. Maybe purposely. that was quite a disappointment after Dragon Age 1. One city? Really?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

1. SW:TOR, I tried to like it, I really really did, but I couldn't keep myself playing it. Hell, even ftp I won't play it
    2. God of War 3. Ruined him being a hero by having him become so set on destroying the gods, even if it destroys the world. The oceans raged and rose up, drowning probably most of the world, on top of no sun, no control of the heavens, the death of hera causing a lot of the plants to die. In a sense, he nuked half the world just to have his revenge, then killing himself because YOLO.
    3. Rift, though that's probably my crappy comp had bad fps. what little i played i loved, the choppy image just got to me. I have a feeling I'll love it when i get a better comp
    Quote Originally Posted by BlizzardCS
    We're aware that some players are experiencing latency and server stability issues, and are investigating. Thanks for your patience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kena Lea
    @BlizzardCS not being able to connect to anything is a bit beyond latency dear.

Silver Dollar games

I highly doubt that generic FPS is worse than games like this.
    Toad man is amazing.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Might be easy to think mmo's are failing. In actual fact they aren't - people just have a much shorter attention span and those who used to play them are getting older and have lives to deal with. Also, you only tend to stick to a game where your friends play. Why do you think social media style games have been so successful.

Only mmo's I'm currently playing are WoW and GW 2. Spending more time in the latter as I have friends there and I've found it more enjoyable than what has to offer for now.
    I still maintain a subscription to The Secret World but just haven't had time to play much else at the moment. May get Rift : Storm Legion at some point.

Warhammer Online - Such a cool IP, such a disappointing MMO.

SW:TOR - Same as above

GW2 - I tried the beta and found it to be a bland game. Which I can say of a lot of games, but GW2 had so much hype going.