Thread: 4 months later

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Arrow 4 months later

Hello!

I`ve taken a long break from D3 about 4 months ago after I cleared inferno. It was pretty tough.

I`d like to know what the state of the game is now, and what the prices for gear are, I got around 5m gold and zero weapons/armors left. When I left I donated the stuff to a friend.

I`ve got all the classes to 60 and I`d like to know which one of them would be cheaper / more feasible to gear up and start fighting for the legacy / MP1-2 etc.

It has taken me some time to browse all the changes from the patch notes, and it looks like D3 is looking much better than in the past.

Thank you for your time, have a nice day.

Deleted
    Theres a few good guides for "Budget gearing <Insert Class Here> for 2m Gold" etc videos on youtube.

I did a couple of them on some of my lower geared alts, and they are very effective and can get you into farming Inferno Monster Level 1/2 and maybe 3 with ease.

In terms of easiest, barbarian seems to be quite faceroll just now, and im destroying stuff with my monk too. Wizard i found it a bit more challenging, but ive barely played that class

D3 is better now than it was for sure, and i play it for the odd hour here and there when i have nothing better to do

enjoy!

I geared my Barb to 100k dps with ~4mil gold, and I can clear MP6 easily with it. With how far gear prices have dropped, gearing up isn't really very expensive anymore.

After gearing a Wizard and Barb to 100k dps, I'd say go with the barb...all the high DPS with the added survivability of being a melee.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/J.../hero/22034567
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

For 5 million gold you can easly get a starter kit. Gear inflation is huuuge in Diablo3.

I personally got a wizard geared inn 1.0.5 pretty okay for about 30 million gold tops. At that time I was able to handle ubbers on decent MP levels, farm MP1-3 rather fast, and dying quit rarely.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    thank you. will start with Barb and try to get some gear for my WD. I have read that they fixed the pets and more. Maybe now it will work
    thx again for your input.

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 01:01 PM ----------

btw, I saw some videos and the ppl seam to ignore the blue drops. is that normal now? I always pick up and sell the stuff...

Deleted
    yea you might aswell consider them as greys unless u want to horde essences, rares drop so much....and if ur farming mp10 or mp 0 with high mf gear ur almost guaranteed 1-2 legendaries per run.

ofcourse how good they are is whole another thing.

also barb might be faceroll but they are very gear dependant. i heard DH are the most non-gear dependant class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Godavari View Post
    i heard DH are the most non-gear dependant class.
    Where did you hear that from? I think DHs are very gear dependant. After getting my all resist up and some armor along with semi-decent damage (95k:P) and hatred regen and all I do is spam multi shot. It used to be hell before with bad gear, with kiting and whatnot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking WD / Wiz maybe, because if people would rather play barb / dh / munk then the WD/wiz gear would be cheaper. It will take me some more time to watch youtube videos and then do some research in AH..

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    btw, I saw some videos and the ppl seam to ignore the blue drops. is that normal now? I always pick up and sell the stuff...
    Blues are useless. They don't sell for very much, they're worthless on the AH, and there's so, so many of them that if you picked them all up, you'd be going back to town to sell them every 5 minutes. They're not worth the time.

I was thinking WD / Wiz maybe, because if people would rather play barb / dh / munk then the WD/wiz gear would be cheaper. It will take me some more time to watch youtube videos and then do some research in AH..
    You can't take this one thread and come to a conclusion like that :P Barb gear is assumed to be the cheapest, because only one class uses Strength gear. Whereas Int/Dex are both used by two classes each.

But really, at this point, ALL classes are "cheap" to gear up to at least MP5 level. I just chose Barb because it has the survivability of a melee, while still having really high DPS. It kills faster than my Wizard, while not being a glass cannon.
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm

10+ Year Old Account
    what about places to kill? is pony level / act / act 3 the same? should I go wherever I like it best?

Act3 is the best, pick whatever you like. I personally like going inn many different places on every farm run. A full farm run for me is going all the places you can teleport to with the waypoint, other times I might only do like ½ of the places.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Where did you hear that from? I think DHs are very gear dependant. After getting my all resist up and some armor along with semi-decent damage (95k:P) and hatred regen and all I do is spam multi shot. It used to be hell before with bad gear, with kiting and whatnot.
    from youtube video guide and such.
    and 95k is semi-decent to you but its quite overpowered to start farming.

also as you said you have kiting and whatnot so less gear dependant than others.

what about places to kill? is pony level / act / act 3 the same? should I go wherever I like it best?
    Act 3 is most efficient for Paragon leveling and item hunting, but with the additions of Keys and ubers you'll be wanting to do all 3 acts fairly often to get Hellfire Rings.

Do I sell or Dismantle the crappy rare (yellow stuff) ?
    If number 2, what are ppl using it for?

Quote Originally Posted by Girlyman View Post
    Do I sell or Dismantle the crappy rare (yellow stuff) ?
    If number 2, what are ppl using it for?
    It's better to just vendor. It's quicker, and you usually get more gold than you would have gotten for the mats anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhurn View Post
    It's better to just vendor. It's quicker, and you usually get more gold than you would have gotten for the mats anyway.
    Thanks!
    I have been doing it wrong then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Joined a few Multi games, and I saw but 1 barb. Great majority were wiz / dh / wd. I guess in party ranged ones are faster killers

Deleted
    I am currently lvling a Wizard on hardcore with a friend. Gave me back the love for this game

1. Cause Wizard is very fun
    2. Hardcore is very fun. You are always so careful. So afraid of every noise!

I guess in party ranged ones are faster killers
    No, they're not. All classes are good with proper gear. Ranged aren't better than melee by any significant amount. Like I said, I spent ~4mil on my Barb gear and ~5mil on my Wiz gear, and my Barb is doing the same DPS as my Wizard, while having huge defense as well.

I'm not trying to convince you to play melee, I'm just saying that ranged aren't significantly better at DPS like a lot of people seem to think.

I've actually just started playing again as well, the changes really impressed me. I got my wiz geared enough to plow through inferno monster lvl 5 without any real problems for about 4 mil total.