Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Sha in patch 5.1

Hi guys, this is just a question about the lore revolving around the sha in 5.1, and why they're not appearing in the warzone's in Krasarang.

Because we've killed all the sha manifestations (doubt, despair, hatred, anger, violence and fear) do negative emotions no longer manifest as sha in Pandaria? Basically have we removed the sha threat entirely?

Or is the fact that there are no sha appearing in Krasarang wilds purely because the developers don't have space to implement it?

Another possibility would be that Varian says in the Lions Landing questline that the alliance isn't fighting through hatred or anger anymore but about the love of what's right, so the sha still exist just they've learned to control their emotions?

It might not be that they are permanently defeated, but that they take a while to regather themselves.
    If they're gone I'd imagine we've merely earned a temporary respite rather than removed their threat forever.

To quote the sha

So long has violence lurks in your heart...I will return...
    You cannot escape me. I am... in... every... breath...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    To quote the sha

So long has violence lurks in your heart...I will return...
    You cannot escape me. I am... in... every... breath...
    me like !
    with the speech of Wrathion about something horrible would happen... i fear that the sha may corrupt azeroth, with all the war between the horde and alliance and the futur raid against Garosh...

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=32352

"Confront 8 Sha-Touched Grunts"

I did a quest in the goblin mines last night where I had to collect ore. Mining a node down there would spawn three tiny Despair sha. I think the sha's influence in Krasarang is diminished because we killed the Sha of Despair at the nearby temple, but with the renewed fighting, it might be getting revived.

10+ Year Old Account
    The early data-mined soundfiles seemed to indicate some renewed Sha activity. But there's been no sign that the major Sha we've put down so far are returning yet. I think it's inevitable, myself. Or at least, we'll see a seventh Sha to correspond to the seventh head of Y'Shaarj.

The Sha can't be killed, you can ruin their efforts and plans and disapate their physical manifestations but you can't kill them in terms of finishing them forever. They are after all the 7 aspects of a "killed" Old God, this is why the Old Gods are said to be unkillable, the last time the Titans tried it they lost a titan and the Old God became the Sha. It was better just to imprison the Old Gods than it was to actually kill an Old God because theyw ould just split into something that you can't permanently kill and spreads in 7 directions.

Deleted
    I remember reading a blue post some time ago that basically said from 5.1 onwards the entire Sha storyline is finished.

We still have one more sha left to fight (there are 7 total), and their presence is still relevant.

No new raid, so technically Heart of Fear is current content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    Because we've killed all the sha manifestations (doubt, despair, hatred, anger, violence and fear) do negative emotions no longer manifest as sha in Pandaria? Basically have we removed the sha threat entirely?
    How exactly is violence a negative emotion anyway? It really doesn't belong with the others if you ask me. It's an action, not an emotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    How exactly is violence a negative emotion anyway? It really doesn't belong with the others if you ask me. It's an action, not an emotion.
    It is possible to be doubtful, desperate, hateful, angry or afraid and not be violent, and it's possible to be violent without any of those other emotions present. Look at one of the quests in VoFW. You need to turn turnips orange, so you get sent out to get something yellow and something red. Your character interprets that to mean yellow flowers and a couple buckets of blood. So you go out and, with nothing but cold logic behind you, you aoe down a herd of baby deer. Violence. Unthinking brutality. You could have used berry juice or something, but no. There was violence in your heart, and therefore the violent option was the first to come to mind.

I guess by destroying the major physical manisfestations of sha, we weakened whatever it is that turns emotions into sha, so for some time we can rage and beat each other up as much as we want that nothing big will happen.

I'd bet that won't last long.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    It is possible to be doubtful, desperate, hateful, angry or afraid and not be violent, and it's possible to be violent without any of those other emotions present.
    While I read everything after this, the first sentence contains my issue. If the Sha are "negative emotions" then they have to be an emotion in order to be a Sha. A reaction or metal reflex is one of the circles next to emotions on a ven diagram of psychological qualities. Violence, Hatred and Anger should have been one Sha.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    While I read everything after this, the first sentence contains my issue. If the Sha are "negative emotions" then they have to be an emotion in order to be a Sha. A reaction or metal reflex is one of the circles next to emotions on a ven diagram of psychological qualities. Violence, Hatred and Anger should have been one Sha.
    I can be angry you stepped on my foot without hating you. Hating your ex-wife is different than being violent to your ex-wife. You can be angry without killing everyone around you. Frankly lumping all those emotions as the same is really arguing semantics over a game where people can survive being frozen solid in a block of ice for 10 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I can be angry you stepped on my foot without hating you. Hating your ex-wife is different than being violent to your ex-wife. You can be angry without killing everyone around you.
    The issue is, the Sha of Doubt should have also had two buddies: The Shas of Envy and Deceit. The Sha of Fear should have had two buddies: The Shas of Catatonia and Panic. Violence is related to but not an emotion itself. Hatred and Anger are separate, I agree, but they're taking up two slots while the others take up one.

Frankly lumping all those emotions as the same is really arguing semantics over a game where people can survive being frozen solid in a block of ice for 10 seconds.
    Yeah, that's kind of the "Godwin's Law" of fantasy. With that said, I wouldn't put it past the devs to make Garrosh unleash the "Sha of Dominance" at this point.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

They will show up, Not yet because the fleets JUST landed here. But the Sha will show up.

It is the whole over-arching theme of both the Horde and Alliance fleets landing in the same small area. We fight but for what? It will only fill the land with more Sha infestation and taint it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Yeah, that's kind of the "Godwin's Law" of fantasy. With that said, I wouldn't put it past the devs to make Garrosh unleash the "Sha of Dominance" at this point.
    I'm betting on it being Pride, myself. Though I'm uncertain why you think anger and hatred would be better off lumped together. If anything you could subdivide them even further. Make the Sha of Anger get followed around by the Sha of Wrath, the Sha of Rage, the Sha of Revenge, the Sha of Indignation and the Sha of the Most Annoying Sound in the World.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    I'm betting on it being Pride, myself. Though I'm uncertain why you think anger and hatred would be better off lumped together. If anything you could subdivide them even further. Make the Sha of Anger get followed around by the Sha of Wrath, the Sha of Rage, the Sha of Revenge, the Sha of Indignation and the Sha of the Most Annoying Sound in the World.
    Nah Garrosh will not be possesed by a Sha, he will posses the Sha and create the Sha Of Garrosh that has the model of a Sha but Garrosh skin.

I don't think they can die until we kill all 6/7 when they're fused into one form, which I'm anticipating will be what the final boss of Mists is: a Garrosh infused with all 6 Sha combined in his body, with full control over them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.