Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

THQ Humble Bundle

well the humble bundles back and more impressive than ever http://www.humblebundle.com/
    Saints Row: The Third
    Darksiders (Awesome Game along with its sequel)
    Metro 2033
    Red Faction Armeggedon
    Company of Heroes
    Company of Heroes Opprosing fronts
    Company of Heroes Tales of Valor
    and all their soundtracks
    and if you get this DONT GIVE JUST 1 CENT it hurts the humble Bundle
    Last edited by Boxtroll55; 2012-11-30 at 12:18 AM.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc-...A-wvKAaFacq_gA
    Check out my youtube channel for WoW lore videos and more!

Deleted
    I have to say, that has to be the best humble bundle I've seen. Already got all of the games though myself.

Bought it for my girlfriend. I already own every single game myself, and they were worth the full prices that I gave for 'em. It's an amazing pack, and you'd definitely feel bad missing out on this one.

Thanks to Elyaan for the great sig!

10+ Year Old Account
    DAMN YOU now I spent money again
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone answer this for me? I have company of heroes and darksiders. If I buy the humble bundle can I give those keys to me son, or put them in my trade inventory?

This is the first I've ever heard of this.. so I could pay 2 dollars a game or what not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dengir View Post
    This is the first I've ever heard of this.. so I could pay 2 dollars a game or what not.
    Yes. You pay whatever you want, as long as it is above $1, and get 6 of the games. If you pay at least the average (was $5.22 when I bought) you also get Saints Row the Third. You can also choose how much goes to THQ, how much to charity, and how much to Humble Bundle. I personally usually go mostly charity, and then an even split between developers and Humble, but it is entirely up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Offshoreguy View Post
    Can anyone answer this for me? I have company of heroes and darksiders. If I buy the humble bundle can I give those keys to me son, or put them in my trade inventory?
    No, you either gift the entire bundle or keep the entire bundle.You get two Steam keys, 1 for Saints Row if you pay more than the average and 1 for the other 6 if you pay at least $1
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Deleted
    Mother of god, those deals.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the answer. I think I'll pass on the deal. Sad to say I just have too many games at the moment to justify spending more money on games that in all likelihood I'll not play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't go away THQ, I like your games.
    Especially Metro <3.

Quote Originally Posted by botulox View Post
    Darksiders II was a crappy PC port (and they're not even offering the new Darksiders)
    Metro 2033 was a crappy PC port
    CoH is shit for anyone who's not a fan of RTS games
    Red Faction is meh.
    Saints Row is good if your standards are low.

There are no Linux versions.

I'm buying the bundle, and giving all the money to charity, like many people are doing, just to show them that we do not give a crap about them, since they do not give a crap about us. Shit, I think I'll probably give away the keys.
    I actually really liked the Darksiders 2 port, and bought it during the autumn sale on Steam so for me getting the first Darksiders in this deal is what I would want. Never played or even looked into any of the other games, but getting to try them out and support charity, that's why I like the Humble Bundle personally. If I find a game that I unexpectedly enjoy, all the better. Personally, I would not have bought any of these games on Steam, so maybe THQ is thinking there are more people like me who wouldn't have spent any money on their games before and now are spending some, even if it is less than full price.

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Don't go away THQ, I like your games.
    Especially Metro <3.
    ya thq makes some good games Ima pick this up and give half to them and half to charity I got darksiders 2 on the steam sale its such a fun game
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc-...A-wvKAaFacq_gA
    Check out my youtube channel for WoW lore videos and more!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like this bundle much more than I like the indie bundles. All of those have had a game or two that were awesome and then a few mehhhhhhh games. This one appears to have some pretty high quality stuff. Definitely buying.

Quote Originally Posted by botulox View Post
    Darksiders II was a crappy PC port (and they're not even offering the new Darksiders)
    Metro 2033 was a crappy PC port
    CoH is shit for anyone who's not a fan of RTS games
    Red Faction is meh.
    Saints Row is good if your standards are low.

There are no Linux versions.

I'm buying the bundle, and giving all the money to charity, like many people are doing, just to show them that we do not give a crap about them, since they do not give a crap about us. Shit, I think I'll probably give away the keys.
    Darksiders II, as far as PC ports go, was actually pretty good. It surpassed the first game easily IMO. The world was huge and well done as far as the game itself goes, and the port didn't suffer from any of the usual issues. Not sure what there is to complain about there.

Metro ... wasn't the best game ever, but it's highly rated and if you enjoy creepy FPS games it's pretty good. It's a beast as far as system requirements go though because it's poorly optimized, but not as poorly optimized as Crysis. The only thing I can really complain about with Metro is that the AI is amazingly stupid at times.

Red Faction - Agree.

Saints Row - Ehh it's not really my kind of game, but I don't think it's a standards thing so much as being about what kind of sense of humor you have. This is most likely the game in the bundle that I'll never play.

CoH - I liked it when I played it, but I did want to comment that saying it's "shit" for anyone who isn't a fan of it's genre goes for pretty much every game of every genre.

THQ is falling apart right now, its just terrible. They would always try to make original titles while EA and Activision just milk franchises and bring no innovation.

Already have Darksiders (which I thoroughly enjoyed (with KB/M btw)) so snatched up the rest, heard good things about metro, saints row and company of heroes so was really a no brainer. Gave half the money to charity tho, both because i resent the DLC model that THQ has started playing with and I think charity work is very admirable.

Plus, if HumbleBundle follow their trend there will be more games added in a week

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    THQ is falling apart right now, its just terrible. They would always try to make original titles while EA and Activision just milk franchises and bring no innovation.
    It's sad that investors are pulling out forcing em into their current position.

They must be really hurting if they're doing a humble bundle..

But seriously folks, if you haven't played Metro 2033 or Saints Row 3, buy this. Both are great games.

It's sad that investors are pulling out forcing em into their current position.
    There's a damn good reason for that though...they lost a ton of money on a series of horrible decisions. Udraw...Homefront...yeah...about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    There's a damn good reason for that though...they lost a ton of money on a series of horrible decisions. Udraw...Homefront...yeah...about that.
    True enough, still want my Metro Last Light

THQ doesn't really have any 'fanbases' to really have a strong 'fallback' unlike EA and Activision.

I really feel for THQ. Darksiders is one of my favorite series and I'll be really sad if we don't see the rest of the Horsemen in their individual games. I'd encourage anybody with a little bit of cash to spare to buy this bundle. Darksiders, SR3, and Metro 2033 are all really fun games!

True enough, still want my Metro Last Light

THQ doesn't really have any 'fanbases' to really have a strong 'fallback' unlike EA and Activision.
    If they do go down the drain there is a decent chance their IP will be auctioned off and snatched up. Always a chance for more Metro and Darksiders 3 even if they do go bankrupt.

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface