Add-ons after 5.1 not working?

After patch 5.1 went live, I was busy, but then finally a little while ago i downloaded the patch, and had a bunch of add-on updates so i downloaded them. Then once patch was done, and i logged in, it said a lot of my add-ons were out dated so i loaded out of date add-ons but my performance harshly dropped so i can't load them.

My question is, for example: CLCRet & Grid. I did get an update for them, (pretty sure i had one for CLCRet) but now it's saying they are out of date? Is anyone else having this problem? And also my weakauras isn't out of date, but it won't show my trinket proc's.

CLCRet
    CLCinfo
    Mogit
    Grid
    Omen3
    Icehub
    Titan panel

To name a few are all saying they are out of date, but i did get updates for most if not all of them I'm sure.

EDIT: I don't know if I'm being to hasty and need to give the authors more time to release another update or what.
    Last edited by Song; 2012-11-29 at 04:11 AM.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes, authors don't bother updating the ToC - basically a file that tells WoW some technical stuff about the addon, including what version of WoW they're designed to work with.

This flags the addon as "Out of Date". Just click the "Load Out of Date Addons" checkbox in the loading addon-selection screen to have WoW ignore the ToC's version.

Deleted
    In other words, just because they show as "out of date" doesn't mean they won't work. You only need to worry once they actually start not working properly - then you should get the Lua errors thrown (if any) and tell the author(s) about it ASAP!

Yeah thanks for the replies. I do click "Load out of date addons" but then my FPS drops from 60, to like 15 lol... =/

10+ Year Old Account
    it could also be the addon authors updated during ptr and blizz changed something last min to fudge em up, maybe check back later to see if they are updated again.

I use weakauras and a number of other addons that needed to be updated clicking "load out of date" helps, but they haven stopped working at all. As to your frame rates i have had guildies that have had something like that and have all just turned their setting down a little assuming it has being because of addons and not something else.

The only addon i have trouble with atm is pittbull unit frames not showing target frames correctly, more of an annoyance that major problem

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Song View Post
    Yeah thanks for the replies. I do click "Load out of date addons" but then my FPS drops from 60, to like 15 lol... =/
    Allow Lua errors to be shown in ESC -> Interface -> Help, then disable the addons causing errors until updates are available. If the popups are annoying you, get !BugGrabber and BugSack.

Questions answered thanks to all of your replys.

@Treeston
    @serravenge
    @Taryble
    @FreePies

Thanks!